BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Watford v Rovers Wed 21st Oct 7.45pm

We’ve been the better team, they are just so dangerous when they break with Sarr, no defender in this division will be able to stop him when he starts running at you. If we play like we did in the first half, we can get back into this. Come on boys. 

• Like 1

Great performance 1st half...vulnerable down our left with a top player in Sarr vs the dreadful Amari’i Bell. All to play for second half.

Tell you what...Put Douglas, Trybull, Rothwell, Dack and Trav In and this is gonna be some team. We won’t play against this quality every week.

• Like 1

We played some good stuff towards the end of that half. Thought Brereton was excellent also and obviously delighted he got a goal. Real shame that we conceded two early goals but if we take that energy and drive into the second half I can see more goals for us. Nothing to fear here, let’s get stuck into them ?

• Like 1

Bell and Evans weak links. Could have told you that before kick off to be truthful.  

Douglas and Trybull each on the bench laughing their heads off. They’ll walk into this team if they have owt about them. How dearly we miss Rothwell. Think him, Holtby, Elliott, Dack, Armstrong and dare I say it BB will be big players for us this season in a settled side. 

• Like 3

How we’re losing and they still have 11 men on the pitch, I’ll never know. We’ve played incredibly well but it looks a bit too easy for them to get in behind our back 4. 

Great goal from Breo. I had assumed it had hit the side netting until the players started celebrating! 

We've had a really good half in general play. Finishing has been wasteful, and on balance of chances we should be ahead. However there is a clear mismatch between Sarr and our left side where Bell, Ayala and Johnson can't keep up. It's as good as money in the bank for Watford.

So while I'm pretty sure we will score again, maybe even twice, I still think we will lose this as they have more goals in them on the break.

Not really sure what we can do about that to be honest. Douglas isn't that pacy on the bench. Could do something radical like move Nyambe to left back but while he's got the pace I wouldn't have that much confidence with him against Sarr either. 

Just keep on and have our fingers crossed.

Overall I think the system is great and we do look the part of promotion challengers.

Holtby has been brilliant, he makes such a difference. 
Evans and Johnson are passengers. Do not suit the high press game and offering nothing on the ball either. Evans can’t play in a 3 like this. 
Bell out of position on numerous occasions and he’s so uncomfortable on the ball it’s painful to watch the mis-placed passes. 
We’re not far away and that’s what makes it so frustrating. How long will it take Tony to play our best 11?

• Like 3

Is it just me thinks Nyambe is a problem in this formation? He subdues Elliott/Dolan, takes their space, can never play them in, and defensive positioning is rubbish - how many goals the last 18-months have been a tap in with Nyambe three yards behind. Get JRC in and we’ll murder teams down the right.

• Like 1