BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Watford v Rovers Wed 21st Oct 7.45pm

Just now, LDRover said:

No Paul, but he can identify a left back who is an absolute liability

Douglas WILL be our starting left back soon enough, he only signed on Friday but he will be playing soon, he can think himself lucky he didn’t have to make his debut against Sarr, no left back in this division could live with him. 

• Like 1

Lots of positives but obvious negatives too.

Elliotts passing looks an absolute class above.

Holtby looks a different player completely, his fitness levels look to have gone up 2 or 3 gears.

Hopefully Ben kicks on from a quality goal, his driving run second half when he got brought down was classy and something he needs to continue to do more of.

I guess this is why Watford will be up there come the end of the season, although more clinical finishing will cause them issues.

We really do need a win at weekend though now or could end up stuck in a rut.

Its a shame this exact squad wasn't in place from the start of the season, I have no doubt it will get better and better when they all gel.

• Like 1

Own goal, missed penalty, injury to Ayala - just not our day today.

The positive - we dominated in every department against one of the best teams in the division.

The negative - domination counts for nothing if we don't get the 3 points. 

Feel really frustrated tonight, but I'm chalking it up to an unstable team at the minute. Elliott, Trybull, and Douglas all need to come into the first 11 on Saturday.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Tugay-is-God said:

As weird as it sounds, that was a playoff level performance for me. 

Their lad gets sent off in the first half, Arma hits the penalty the other way, either of those happen and it's a completely different game. 

67% possession and 18 shots against a top side. Genuinely don’t know how we lost that game...we were by far the best team.

Swap out Evans and Bell for Trybull and Douglas on Saturday. Williams for the potentially injured Ayala. ??

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tugay-is-God said:

As weird as it sounds, that was a playoff level performance for me. 

Their lad gets sent off in the first half, Arma hits the penalty the other way, either of those happen and it's a completely different game. 

You can't defend like that, as a collective unit or as individuals and expect a play off push.

We conceded 3 goals and watford had 2 really good chances to score again (one put wide and Kaminski making a class save)

• Like 4

• Backroom

Disappointing. Down to 14th. Good teams play badly and win - they don't play well and lose. A lot for Tony to think about as our good start has essentially been completely nullified by recent results. We've got a couple of players to come back and new players to embed, but leave it too late and we're facing a major uphill battle.

• Like 2

Back to the drawing board. The big 5-0 and 4-0 wins, as enjoyable as they were, 1) did not reflect any actual superiority we have over other teams at this level and 2) have made us at least a little bit complacent, which against good teams like Watford translates into exactly what happened tonight. You need to fight to the death for every single ball and every single throw in, anything less and its mediocrity and worse. 

Which to be honest is why you need a very good manager to drill discipline into their minds. Tony can't do that, simple. Whenever we start playing good, we always without fail slump back into a rut. This is exactly down to a lack of discipline. 

Just now, Cherry Blue said:

Damn shame when we play reasonably well, Big Ben scores a world class goal & 17 year old Elliott stars in his first game that the defending frailties are still with us. Lots to learn from tonight. Kaminski needs to look at his game - comes out his area a long way. We need a new penalty taker. 

We lost yet we could have easily won this one.

We look ok going forward but defending we look like the railway tavern on a Sunday morning.  This problem has been going on far too long.  Something needs to be done and done quickly.  People are talking about top 6, but if nothing is done about that defence in terms of personnel or set up then I am worried about bottom 3.

Just now, Paul Mani said:

67% possession and 18 shots against a top side. Genuinely don’t know how we lost that game...we were by far the best team.

Swap out Evans and Bell for Trybull and Douglas on Saturday. Williams for the potentially injured Ayala. ??

Watford won that game at a canter without ever having to get out of second gear. As for the possession stats they are absolutely pointless as sides are very happy for us to have possession as then they can hit us on the counter which Watford did tonight to devastating effect.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

who`s the scapegoat for saturday then??,tony has a long list to study imo

I’m sure he could probably look through this thread if he’s after someone to throw under the bus. Wouldn’t take him long to find vitriolic and undeserved criticism, and if he needs to find something completely bonkers and OTT to say post-match then he’d find the comments here very helpful. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Eh!!??? We haven’t had 67% away from home many times in my life. The players have worked hard here and we have played well...but we’ve lost this game purely down to individual player errors. 18 shots and only one goal....we’ve missed a bucketful tonight.

We lost because they scored three goals, not because of the ones we missed. If we didn't have a paper thin midfield and such an awful defence on the left we may have had a chance despite our forwards failings.

Bell and Evans are two players that make terrible mistakes game after game, still get picked. I'd say that's where the problem lies.

• Like 1

Cor blimey...

Real missed opportunity.

We miss Rothwell in the middle and dare I say Williams at CB.

Plenty of positives, but we soon need plenty of points or this season will drift.

Need a result against Coventry.

Also sucked that I had to pay £10 as I am away from home and you can’t access the red button via Sky Go!