BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Watford v Rovers Wed 21st Oct 7.45pm

20 minutes ago, Butty said:

You could see the talent was there, there’s not many people in the side who could play the pass he played through to Armstrong when Foster tipped it over the bar. He will be a good player for us will Elliott. 

Did he also put the ball through for the yellow card that could/should have been red? I think it was, and it was also a lovely weighted pass. 
Both were from more central areas though, not convinced he’s an out and out wide man (first time I’ve watched him mind you). 

• Like 1

Just now, 4000Holes said:

Paul, I always look out for your posts as I think we are on the same wavelength but tonight although playing well going forward, I think defensively we are very poor and can be picked off far too easily. I hope you are right and we will get into the top 6 but alas I fear that until something is done about that defence albeit in terms of personnel or set up then we will really struggle to beat inferior teams on a regular basis.

I agree...it’s not done and dusted mate. Far from it. But we haven’t been good enough to put that level of performance in for many years. Absolute domination away at a team like Watford with what 5 times our budget?

I’m just saying that with Dack, Rothwell, Trav, Trybull, Douglas to come back, I’m very excited to see where this team will finish. ??

In Elliott, Rothwell, Holtby and Dack we’ll have a better chance of beating teams who defend deep against us. There will be a few more after teams watch that tonight! 

• Like 1

I know Tony is a purist, but seriously, just get on with it and start Douglas. Its all well and good saying that it takes time for the new players to learn the system, but what does it matter if we lose anyway. We're not Barcelona Tony. 

• Like 3

Just now, Paul Mani said:

I agree...it’s not done and dusted mate. Far from it. But we haven’t been good enough to put that level of performance in for many years. Absolute domination away at a team like Watford with what 5 times our budget?

I’m just saying that with Dack, Rothwell, Trav, Trybull, Douglas to come back, I’m very excited to see where this team will finish. ??

In Elliott, Rothwell, Holtby and Dack we’ll have a better chance of beating teams who defend deep against us. There will be a few more after teams watch that tonight! 

Sides will watch that, along with our other games this season and come to the same conclusion that Watford did. Sit back, let them have the ball and then take them apart on the counter.

1 minute ago, Paul Mani said:

He did so to get us out of league 1...so why not? 

Because League 1 is his level.

11 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Only seen it on a phone screen, but did Tommy K have a bit of a blip for the second?

He was a bit far away from his goal there, but I think he did a good save(when I saw the replay from another angle) on the shot from Sarr, but the ball bounced straight up in the air.

Just now, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

He had the best players in the league and about 5x the budget of most teams. 

And still wasn't the best manager.

In fairness Mowbray is a decent league 1 manager as any mistakes he made were more easily overlooked. It's a league full of mistakes and people giving it a go. Can't get away with it in the Chump.

• Like 1

Bell looked uncomfortable both ways tonight. Corry Evans clearly not 100% match fit and Johnson needs to know when not to lose possession. Lost us the previous match.

They were happy to sit back and counter, having obviously done their homework - we're too naive and quite frankly horrible at defending counter attacking teams. They have PL quality going forward, we don't. And a little more tonight than we did.

I hope the referee takes a look at his performance too. Should have sent off Kabasele and given one or two cards for cynical fouls and time-wasting. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Play like that for the rest of the season and we go up...if we’d have converted 25% of our chances tonight we’d have won comfortably.

Playing like that WE ARE one of the top teams in the league. If you were a ‘football man’ you’d get it tbf.

To be fair Paul your trying to judge football matches purely on stats alone while ignoring the main state of all. The score. 

Also the phrase 'If you were a football man you'd get it tbf' is very disrespectful to someone who from what I've seen hasn't said anything to justify it.

So in your own words 'If you were a football man' you'd get we lost 3-1 right?

Give the manager until end of November. If he's dropping bollocks get rid as this is shit or bust season. About 8 or more can go for free in the summer which means there's little chance next year.

Edited by Tom Stinny
  • Like 5

Why are people genuinely rating that performance? 

I personally thought it was absolutely horrific.

Devoid of ideas, whats all this passing round the back for 90 minutes? 

Holtby and Elliott only ones with any urgency.

Evans absolutely useless.

On another note, without Rothwell and some mobility this 3 at the back does not work.

Edited by RoversClitheroe
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Sides will watch that, along with our other games this season and come to the same conclusion that Watford did. Sit back, let them have the ball and then take them apart on the counter.

Because League 1 is his level.

Seriously, first half I watched Watford let us have the ball and basically stand off until we gave it to Bell. They would the press until the inevitable surrendering of possession. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, booth said:

And still wasn't the best manager.

In fairness Mowbray is a decent league 1 manager as any mistakes he made were more easily overlooked. It's a league full of mistakes and people giving it a go. Can't get away with it in the Chump.

if you look at mowbrays managerial record,at every club he`s started well and failed to kick on,did a good job at hibs before leaving,started well at west brom and middlesboro but then failed to capitalise on initial success,was a disaster at celtic before steadying the ship at coventry when the club was in turmoil,chances are that he`ll recreate that record here,though tbh i think he`s a bit shop worn these days and promotion is out of his reach at this stage of his career

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tom Stinny said:

To be fair Paul your trying to judge football matches purely on stats alone while ignoring the main state of all. The score. 

Also the phrase 'If you were a football man you'd get it tbf' is very disrespectful to someone who from what I've seen hasn't said anything to justify it.

So in your own words 'If you were a football man' you'd get we lost 3-1 right?

Give the manager until end of November. If he's dropping bollocks get rid as this is shit or bust season. About 8 or more can go for free in the summer which means there's little chance next year.

I haven’t lauded the result. I’ve lauded the performance which as @Bbrovers2288 so eloquently put shows we have “the ingredients for a top season”

The ‘football man’ comment was a direct lift from his post...I just flipped it. Won’t have gone down too well but he’s a big boy.

But genuinely, only a layman looks at the result of a match...appreciate your opinion. We lost, it’s disappointing but WOW that was a very good performance and one that 9/10 times results in a convincing win. I’d have been disappointed with a draw!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

if you look at mowbrays managerial record,at every club he`s started well and failed to kick on,did a good job at hibs before leaving,started well at west brom and middlesboro but then failed to capitalise on initial success,was a disaster at celtic before steadying the ship at coventry when the club was in turmoil,chances are that he`ll recreate that record here,though tbh i think he`s a bit shop worn these days and promotion is out of his reach at this stage of his career

It summed it up for me when we'd been on a bad run then suddenly pulled out a bunch of great performances. Journalist said to him, what have you changed to get that reaction? Mowbray said I'm as confused as you, I haven't changed anything.

An honest but haphazard approach to football management.

1 minute ago, Paul Mani said:

I haven’t lauded the result. I’ve lauded the performance which as @Bbrovers2288 so eloquently put shows we have “the ingredients for a top season”

The ‘football man’ comment was a direct lift from his post...I just flipped it. Won’t have gone down too well but he’s a big boy.

But genuinely, only a layman looks at the result of a match...appreciate your opinion. We lost, it’s disappointing but WOW that was a very good performance and one that 9/10 times results in a convincing win. I’d have been disappointed with a draw!!

If you defend like we did tonight then you won't win many games let alone win them convincingly. Also you can talk about football men and laymen all you like but at the end of the day the only thing that has an impact on the table is results. 

• Like 1

I would say that the main 3 chances aside from the goals were obviously the penalty but also the Pedro chance in the first half and the Sarr one in the second. Possession ultimately is meaningless until we can prove that we can play like this and it means that we win regularly. Lets see. Im sure we will always remember the night we went to Watford and lost 3-1 but wow, how much more possession did we have?!