BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Watford v Rovers Wed 21st Oct 7.45pm

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

Same for forest....keep clutching 

It's not clutching how can you judge how we will do this season when we have played 6 games and haven't even put our best side out and Forest didn't have more players out than us.Elliot , Douglas and Trybull have been at the club a week and I'm willing to put good money down that those 3 will start more often than not this season.Dack to come back.

Let's revisit this conversation when we have played 12-15 games see were we are in the table then

Just now, islander200 said:

It's not clutching how can you judge how we will do this season when we have played 6 games and haven't even put our best side out and Forest didn't have more players out than us.Elliot , Douglas and Trybull have been at the club a week and I'm willing to put good money down that those 3 will start more often than not this season.Dack to come back.

Let's revisit this conversation when we have played 12-15 games see were we are in the table then

Elliot is lost. Hasnt a clue without world class players making it easy for him. Totally anonymous the other night.

Douglas - hopefully but tony chose to play Bell the other  night and they scored down thar side

Trybull-  who knows. Looked ok but nothing more

Mowbray has a lot to do.

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

Elliot is lost. Hasnt a clue without world class players making it easy for him. Totally anonymous the other night.

Douglas - hopefully but tony chose to play Bell the other  night and they scored down thar side

Trybull-  who knows. Looked ok but nothing more

Mowbray has a lot to do.

Ffs Douglas will be first choice left back the man has had hardly any football and has history with injuries.

And look as good a signing as I think Barry Douglas is I don't believe he has the tools in his locker to compete with a player such as Sarr, his attributes don't lend to it.

Elliot was not lost last night he had spells where he looked good and a few spells out of the game, again should be judged after a few games but early signs encouraging in my opinion

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Thats even worse.? 

Sheff Wed had started on 0 we would be 15th....

Not forgetting the hone loss to bottom 4 team who couldn't beat rotherham....

Are you being deliberately obtuse? I don’t understand what you’re on about. Do we even support the same club? 

• Like 2

After checking the Rovers score twice on Tuesday evening completely forgot about the game on Wednesday. 

In light of my Rovers related amnesia, I won't comment too much, other than to say scoring can only do Ben the world of good, and the result seems to confirm my suspicions we are a mid-table side. Promotion winning teams get something from that game. 

Think my Watford for promotion prediction (which I nabbed off someone else) also looks strong given we are a good attacking outfit and they saw us off by a comfortable scoreline. 

• Like 1

On 21/10/2020 at 22:27, superniko said:

Did he also put the ball through for the yellow card that could/should have been red? I think it was, and it was also a lovely weighted pass. 
Both were from more central areas though, not convinced he’s an out and out wide man (first time I’ve watched him mind you). 

Not sure if anyone has replied to this (I'm playing catch up), but it was Brereton's ball through to Arma where it should have been a red

• Like 2

Just to emphasise the importance of a flying start, the following were our records after six games in each of our last six promotion seasons:

1957/8: 2-3-1

74/5: 4-1-1

79/80: 1-4-1

91/2: 2-2-2

2000/1: 3-2-1 (we were 3-3-4 after ten games)

2017/8: 4-0-2

So two flying starts out of six.

• Like 1

On 22/10/2020 at 13:02, rovers11 said:

I thought Armstrong was very cavalier with his finishing last night and was looking for a spectacular goal for the highlights reel. When Elliot put him clean through he would have been far better trying to take it round the GK rather than going for the spectacular chip. He’s an ok penalty taker but if the GK guesses the right way then his pens are always a nice height for the GK. Compare that to pens taken by Mulgrew or Dack who put them bang in the corner of the net. 

A few times I’ve noticed Armstrong could have took it around the keeper and he just fires it straight at him. He’s a terrific finisher but he’s one of those players who if he has time to think he does the wrong thing

9 hours ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Just to emphasise the importance of a flying start, the following were our records after six games in each of our last six promotion seasons:

1957/8: 2-3-1

74/5: 4-1-1

79/80: 1-4-1

91/2: 2-2-2

2000/1: 3-2-1 (we were 3-3-4 after ten games)

2017/8: 4-0-2

So two flying starts out of six.

2017/18 started with those two defeats as well- I was not alone in contemplating life in League 2 after that Doncaster home defeat.

Mowbray has said he doesn't take serious notice of the table until after 12 games.

Well taking you at your word, just the six back to back wins starting at Coventry please, Tony. 

Edited by philipl

Watford squeezed out a 1-0 against Bournemouth. 

Those 6 points from two games sends them zooming.

Possession 62-38 in favour of Bournemouth but unlike against us, all the other stats were in Watford's favour.

Still think Bournemouth are the strongest side in the division.

Quick non-edit, Bournemouth grabbed a 95th minute equaliser! 

Edited by philipl

Just now, philipl said:

Watford squeezed out a 1-0 against Bournemouth. 

Those 6 points from two games sends them zooming.

Possession 62-38 in favour of Bournemouth but unlike against us, all the other stats were in Watford's favour.

Still think Bournemouth are the strongest side in the division.

Bournemouth equalised in injury time.