BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Watford v Rovers Wed 21st Oct 7.45pm

3 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

That’s a ridiculous post after another defeat in which the manager’s weaknesses were exposed again. Onwards and downwards towards the bottom is the truth

Which weaknesses? If you can’t see that was a top 6 performance then it’s you who is ridiculous.

TOP performance. If we play like that for the rest of the season I genuinely think we'll have a chance of going up automatically. Battered Watford....Arma and Lenihan poor. Should’ve won us the game.

Onwards and upwards

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

have you taken something you should`nt have?

Nope just saw us play probably the hardest fixture of the season and be the better side.

It's not all about results (well it is all about results, but you know what I mean), the basics are we created a lot more and just struggled to put them away.

It's very similar to when we played Bournemouth a few games ago. Everyone was wailing and gnashing teeth but we followed it up with two great results at Wycombe and Derby. 

I think against teams that play relatively open against us we will have a very good season. We create a lot of chances.

I am concerned we struggle against teams that are defensive and sit deep.

My expectation is we go on to get about 12 points in the next 6 games. Maybe I am deluded. Let's wait and see!

Just now, Paul Mani said:

Which weaknesses? If you can’t see that was a top 6 performance then it’s you who is ridiculous.

TOP performance. If we play like that for the rest of the season I genuinely think we'll have a chance of going up automatically. Battered Watford....Arma and Lenihan poor. Should’ve won us the game.

Onwards and upwards

Yes, baffling performance. Lots of blame to be shared, by many of our best players. The og, the missed pk, etc, lots to go around. 

Nine times out of ten we win a game like that. The new players look miles better than the incumbents. Once the team settles down and the plodders are banished, I think we will have a stonking second two-thirds of the season - could be another Souey/Kenny type promotion run.

Personally, I want to see JRC and Douglas as fullbacks, Evans and Johnson benched and then get Dacky in with his 15 goals.

Haven't been this optimistic since Hughes.

• Like 5

With Douglas to come in for Bell and Rothwell to come back in. A midfield three of Holtby Rothwell and Trybull and Douglas in at left back will make us a lot stronger, no need to over react over a defeat in a game which we absolutely dominated, it’s early days in the season yet and as much as it’s frustrating to come away with nothing tonight all the signs are there that this team can get in the top 6 this season I believe. Heads up boys, we play like that on Saturday Coventry will be put to the sword. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Eh!!??? We haven’t had 67% away from home many times in my life. The players have worked hard here and we have played well...but we’ve lost this game purely down to individual player errors. 18 shots and only one goal....we’ve missed a bucketful tonight.

I totally agree, bell passed the bal;l back so many times when he had plenty of space to drive forward, dosent have the bottle.

Onwards and upwards

We lost 3-1. Years of watching football has taught me that playing  well and losing is a very bad sign. Performances don’t win games but tactical nous does. We will never get anywhere under this manager

• Like 8

Just now, Tugay-is-God said:

As weird as it sounds, that was a playoff level performance for me. 

Their lad gets sent off in the first half, Arma hits the penalty the other way, either of those happen and it's a completely different game. 

Warren Lucy just made a similar statement.

On a different day with a different run of the ball... with different players and a different format and a different manager... and if his auntie had balls...

We are now in the phase of Mowbray’s rotation policy and he’ll need ten games to find his best team and then we’ll have a few more injuries and a settled team and a run of form and then we’ll have players fit again and rotated and the whole cycle will start again.

Down to 14th a handful of points above Forest in 20th (who only have one win - against us). Our early season demolition against Wycombe was one of a clean sweep of six defeats for them, and Derby have five defeats.

But at least Neil Yardley and Warren Lucy are both feeling positive.

• Like 4

Onwards and upwards

I'm shit at maths but even I know 3-1 for the rest of the season wouldn't be good.

• Like 1

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

How is he going to get ready if he doesn't play? 

He’d have got some minutes tonight if we didn’t need to replace Ayala. How can you be so negative after that performance honestly I don’t get it ? I can be very negative about Rovers but as Big Ron once said on Sky “If the lads need it I’ll whip em, but I ain’t whipping them for that tonight” 

1 minute ago, Butty said:

With Douglas to come in for Bell and Rothwell to come back in. A midfield three of Holtby Rothwell and Trybull and Douglas in at left back will make us a lot stronger, no need to over react over a defeat in a game which we absolutely dominated, it’s early days in the season yet and as much as it’s frustrating to come away with nothing tonight all the signs are there that this team can get in the top 6 this season I believe. Heads up boys, we play like that on Saturday Coventry will be put to the sword. 

We are just as likely to get beat at Coventry.  We''re the gift that keeps on giving.

• Like 1

Just now, Exiled in Toronto said:

Nine times out of ten we win a game like that. The new players look miles better than the incumbents. Once the team settles down and the plodders are banished, I think we will have a stonking second two-thirds of the season - could be another Souey/Kenny type promotion run.

Personally, I want to see JRC and Douglas as fullbacks, Evans and Johnson benched and then get Dacky in with his 15 goals.

Haven't been this optimistic since Hughes.

Yep, it's a strange feeling. We played really well tonight but those that are a level below (and I'm with you on Nyambe being one of those) stick out like a sore thumb. Thankfully the squad has the personnel so they can be replaced.

1 minute ago, WacoRover said:

Yes, baffling performance. Lots of blame to be shared, by many of our best players. The og, the missed pk, etc, lots to go around. 

Weird I know...It was a TOP performance. Don’t think I’ve seen us dominate a contextually better team away like that for years!!

Lenihan and Arma owe the lads one for that. Should’ve won the game at a canter. Deserved to!

Disappointed about the result but excited about this season. With Trav, Rothwell, Dack and Douglas to come back I’m now (after that performance) absolutely sure we will finish in the top 6. ???