BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Harvey Elliott- let's enjoy this season together

Lost in all the pain of losing a game we should have won, Harvey Elliott had an unremarked but impressive League game debut.

This Kid is one class footballer.

Midfield needs to adjust its eyelines to spot the runs he makes because apart from Holtby they were missing them last night.

I know that Dack is a player you build a side around but I think Harvey will come into that category before too long. Certainly Watford were treating him with the greatest respect if you looked at the lack of space he was given to work in. Even so, look at this:

image.thumb.png.7badcf75f69f97e3098b251776861a8a.png

• Like 8

Agreed. His talent was clear to see yesterday. First time I've properly watched him play and glad the quality seems to match the hype around him. Seems to be able to both dribble well and make intelligent passes which is a dangerous combo. I wonder if he could also play in the midfield 3 for certain games - on first sight he could well do the job Rothwell does when needed. 

Edited by Feed the Yak

What a talent, he has the ability and the 'football brain' to go with it. The fact he accepted to come here on loan also says something, I would have expected him to a Premier league team, a loan to Fulham wouls have made sense. 

I have a theory that they let him come here and in return get first dibs on Kaminski to replace Adrian as number 2 ?

• Moderation Lead

There is no chance of us signing him, Liverpool know exactly how good he is.

That being said, he is absolutely unreal and I’m just glad we’ve got him for the season. 
I didn’t even know what his strongest foot was until he took a free kick with his left. He’s so good with both of them. Such a talent.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Mowbray said in his post match interview that he hopes we can have him for the season so there must be a clause that could cut the loan short in January.

Recall options on both Trybull and Elliott could disrupt us at the end of December.

I am less worried about Elliott unless Liverpool have Salah and Mane out.

I think Klopp and Mowbray have a project for Elliott at Ewood and as I posted in the Dack thread it is playing him up top through the middle which is where he switched to for the last 20 minutes at St Andrews.

As for buying him. Well the Venkys probably do have a spare £100 million...

After Harvey scored he ran to where the crowd would be with his thumb to his nose and wiggling his fingers. The one where you are taking the piss.

I found it odd as no one was there apart maybe the odd steward.

Maybe he just does it as part of his goal scoring routine and if so bring on Deepdale :rover:

• Like 2

He seems a yard quicker than everyone else in every way. Nice to see such energy and willingness. He plays without fear the opposite of how brereton has been since signing. Hopefully they can bring the best out of each other . Exciting times to be a rover ?

• Like 2

He has the ability to disguise a pass so well. Even having watched the game live, I was taken by surprise during that clip of the direction the ball was taking to a Rovers player.

I suspect he will prove to be a supreme goal poacher too. The only thing he lacks is height but then Messi and Maradona are sub 6 footers. 

I said when we signed him that I'd seen a bit if him playing for Liverpool in the cup games & he looked quality. I'll be honest, I'd no idea he was THAT good. 

At 17, this lad is different quality to anything I've seen in a long while. He looks like he's been playing at this level for years.

Not a chance we'll have him for longer than this year (unless we get promoted & can blag another year on loan) so, yeah, let's just enjoy it!!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, philipl said:

Recall options on both Trybull and Elliott could disrupt us at the end of December.

I am less worried about Elliott unless Liverpool have Salah and Mane out.

I think Klopp and Mowbray have a project for Elliott at Ewood and as I posted in the Dack thread it is playing him up top through the middle which is where he switched to for the last 20 minutes at St Andrews.

As for buying him. Well the Venkys probably do have a spare £100 million...

I dont get why the experiment would be to play him centrally, that is where Armstrong and when fit Dack want to play. Elliott looks good coming in from the right.

One of my mates has been a season ticket holder at Anfield for 45 years and he also goes to reserve and academy games whenever he can, especially now he's retired. He told me when we first signed this lad on loan that he is the best teenager he's ever seen. When you think of some of the young players LFC have produced in the past 25 years that is some praise indeed. Better than Owen, Fowler, Gerrard, Carragher etc etc

"Look after him" was his plea!  

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

One of my mates has been a season ticket holder at Anfield for 45 years and he also goes to reserve and academy games whenever he can, especially now he's retired. He told me when we first signed this lad on loan that he is the best teenager he's ever seen. When you think of some of the young players LFC have produced in the past 25 years that is some praise indeed. Better than Owen, Fowler, Gerrard, Carragher etc etc

"Look after him" was his plea!  

My best mate is a Pool fan and he raves about him similar. Says forget the likes of Harvey Barnes who is still a player that will have a top career, this kid is going right to the very top.

Says alot that Barnes was always going to be loaned out but they wanted Elliott in their squad. Kudos to TM for convincing them to send him to us.

• Like 3