BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Harvey Elliott- let's enjoy this season together

7 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

My best mate is a Pool fan and he raves about him similar. Says forget the likes of Harvey Barnes who is still a player that will have a top career, this kid is going right to the very top.

Says alot that Barnes was always going to be loaned out but they wanted Elliott in their squad. Kudos to TM for convincing them to send him to us.

Barnes? Don't he play for Leicester?

1 hour ago, oldjamfan1 said:

One of my mates has been a season ticket holder at Anfield for 45 years and he also goes to reserve and academy games whenever he can, especially now he's retired. He told me when we first signed this lad on loan that he is the best teenager he's ever seen. When you think of some of the young players LFC have produced in the past 25 years that is some praise indeed. Better than Owen, Fowler, Gerrard, Carragher etc etc

"Look after him" was his plea!  

LFC didn't produce Harvey Elliott, they bought him from Fulham

45 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

He actually played a few PL and cup games for Fulham two seasons ago as a 15 year old.

Crazy isnt it - good enough to start for the first team at a PL club at the age of 15. 

Real coup for us as if he was already set to go out on loan for the season, he would have gone to a PL club no doubt about it. Fulham being an obvious candidate.

• 3 weeks later...

Doubt they will for the sake of a few games or bench appearances when he's getting regular football here. 

All depends how serious it gets though i suppose but if a deal has been done for season long loan they might have to cough up if they break it.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

They lost the plot late on with some nasty little challenges, ‘leaving a bit on the player’ - they looked like lower leagues cloggers, let’s hope that’s where they end up.

I noticed that from the highlights, we'd no need to get involved when the game was as good as over. " Winners are grinners " and all that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Harvey is a superb young footballer who will in time as in no time at all, grace the PL.

Unless he fires us to promotion this season his benefit to us is ZILCH, ZERO, NOWT and developing our own a better way to grow the Club on the Journey

But as the Journey is a figment of the imagination lets sit back, keep our mouths shut and enjoy developing a Liverpool asset.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Harvey is a superb young footballer who will in time as in no time at all, grace the PL.

Unless he fires us to promotion this season his benefit to us is ZILCH, ZERO, NOWT and developing our own a better way to grow the Club on the Journey

But as the Journey is a figment of the imagination lets sit back, keep our mouths shut and enjoy developing a Liverpool asset.

So we should play someone less good, but our own player,  just in case we don't go up?

Its the same for every loan. If you have that attitude no one would loan players. 

8 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I’m with you, but the benefit of Joe Harvey might be to keep us up! 

9 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

So, we should play an inferior player because then we won't go up, but we will get to keep them?

And we should also play a less skilled player because, even if we don't go up, who cares about the pleasure of watching a talented player turn out for your side?

Oh, and we shouldn't bring talented players in on loan because there is no way that they could possibly have an impact on the squad, influence other players, and pass on skills.

And, finally, we shouldn't bring in players on loan because signing good players and showing that moving to Blackburn can be a good career move is in no way a good thing for the club to do and it can have no benefits on future transfers or contract negotiations.

Makes sense.

• Like 1

Not being able to see this young man play and grow in the flesh is one of the biggest frustrations of not attending games at Ewood Park!

My seat in the Riverside would have had a brilliant view of his goal on Saturday!

What a talent he is!

I remember when Duff broke into the first team, the last game of the season 1996/97 aged 18, and he looked a real talent, albeit very raw for a couple of seasons, before starting his careers upward trajectory in the second tier in 2000/01 aged 22. 

This kid looks as polished as Duffer was, and is 5 years younger!

In my opinion, legacies can be made in one year.......I'm sure there are others, but players like, Craig Bellamy was only a Rovers player for one season. Yet the Bellamy season was a pleasure to watch