BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Harvey Elliott- let's enjoy this season together

6 hours ago, 47er said:

very sad for him. Just starting his senior career and might never be where he was. Its a cruel game sometimes.

Decent chance he will always be plagued with ankle niggles now, that's certainly how it's gone for me since a much more minor ankle injury when I was 20. But he has top professionals to help him recover, and I foolishly didn't even go to physio.

I've never played for more than about 3 months straight ever since, but I wouldn't say it robbed me of any ability. My first touch etc is far better than it was then. I'm sure he will get back to at least where he was, the issue will be whether he can stay fit and improve.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
14 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

You won't see a better game of football.

Really enjoyed that ! Top drawer.

Matip and Lukaku goals were surely fine?

Never seen it work out where they change the keeper for pens.

So good to see Harvey back. Bit of shithousery what Trav taught him and really good to see him score his pen.

I seem to remember Van Gaal tried it in the World Cup with the Dutch national team and they ended up winning with the keeper (Tim Krul?) making a few saves. Would be interesting to see how many times that a team swapping their keeper has actually lead to them winning the shootout though - wouldn't be at all surprised if it has no difference whatsoever. 

• 1 year later...
20 hours ago, JamieUK said:

Harvey Elliott was sat in the JW Upper in the second half today. Was there with a group who were cheering on Tyler Morton.

Would be better if they took him back never too return 😁

Edited by Waggy76
  • Like 1