BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

• Moderation Lead
Just now, Oldgregg86 said:
1 minute ago, TheKitGuy said:

He hasn't impressed me since Preston away when he bagged 2 early goals. Not too sure what he offers? doesn't use his height well enough for me.

I don’t really rate him either tbh, but I wouldn’t wish injury on the lad....

• Like 2

Must win for me today.

Yes its early in the season but we don't want to be like last season where we keep saying "we are only x points off 6th" 

We need to get into the top 6 and fight to stay there.

3rd and 4th in the league are playing each other, as are 2nd and 5th, a good chance to make up some ground on some teams.

No excuses if we are serious about a playoff push. A loss here and we know it will be a season of only being a few points off 6th, without ever really making a real go of it, with our only consistency being our inconsistency.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

KAMINSKI

NYAMBE
LENIHAN
WILLIAMS
DOUGLAS

HOLTBY
TRYBULL
BUCKLEY

ELLIOTT
ARMSTRONG
BRERETON

For me today, given recent form and the extensive injuries that Cov have

JRC for NYAMBE

JOHNSON for BUCKLEY (should be dropped out the squad)

that’s your starting 11.

dolan needs to have a few games u23 

• Like 1

Just now, Ruaney said:

This should be the team for me too.

Buckley gets nowhere near this team. Underwhelming player.

Its a strange one Buckley.  He's screaming out to be sent to a league 2 team to get a proper run of matches in order to either make it or not.

Get him to Barrow and lets see how he comes back.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Its a strange one Buckley.  He's screaming out to be sent to a league 2 team to get a proper run of matches in order to either make it or not.

Get him to Barrow and lets see how he comes back.

Yeah, I agree. Looks like he can definitely pick a pass but he’s missing two things for me - strength and work rate. One he will get in League 1 or 2 (Barrow works- Dunny could teach him a lot) and the other he needs to genuinely think about. He just walks about and let’s the game pass him by most the time, that’s not good enough.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Absolutely no reason why. Backwards thinking that

I definitely think that there is scope to naturally dip him in and out of the under 23s as the season goes on. At the moment we look light across the front line and hes not in the first 11 at the moment so when hes needed off the bench he should look to have more impact than he did on Wednesday night and work his way back up the pecking order. When Dack, Gallagher and Rothwell are all available again, there may be a point when he cant make the 18 and if that happens he should play with the reserves rather than risking getting stuck in limbo.

• Like 1

Just now, Ruaney said:

Yeah, I agree. Looks like he can definitely pick a pass but he’s missing two things for me - strength and work rate. One he will get in League 1 or 2 (Barrow works- Dunny could teach him a lot) and the other he needs to genuinely think about. He just walks about and let’s the game pass him by most the time, that’s not good enough.

still plays like he`s in the u`23s imo,never going to get away with it in a competetive game,unless you truly are going to be special

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I definitely think that there is scope to naturally dip him in and out of the under 23s as the season goes on. At the moment we look light across the front line and hes not in the first 11 at the moment so when hes needed off the bench he should look to have more impact than he did on Wednesday night and work his way back up the pecking order. When Dack, Gallagher and Rothwell are all available again, there may be a point when he cant make the 18 and if that happens he should play with the reserves rather than risking getting stuck in limbo.

Yes, original plan was for the 23s, so not a problem to drop back every now and then. Keep him focused

Edited by Sparks Rover

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

If that scenario happens fair enough, until then why the U23's and not the bench ?