BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Just now, BigBar said:

I am a massive Nyambe fan. I would stick with him whenever he is fit. But that's just me.

i agree i think he`s a cracking full back,runs all day,very quick and a good defender,can`t cross a ball but that could be corrected with training,should be a potent combination with a wide player backing each other up and overlapping

• Like 1

Just now, arbitro said:

I think he is too. Late last season he was left out for lacking confidence (although he miraculously regained it for the next game) and this season because 'his numbers were high' amongst other things. I know Nyambe was poor at Watford but so was Lehihan who has arguably been our worst defender this season. I actually called it on Wednesday that Nyambe would be dropped pretty much in the knowledge that Mowbray doesn't need too much of a reason to leave him out.

To me it is simply a tactical choice. Either an attacking full-back, or a defensive one. Against Coventry he has gone for the attacking option in JRC.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I didn’t think Bell had long left in him. He got dropped for Cunningham too. Let’s hope Douglas is good and stays fit. He’s in good company with a name like that at Ewood though. 

Trybull obvious choice for Evans. Wonder if Johnson will be the man sacrificed for Rothwell eventually? 

Happy with the squad today. Should win this one. 

Johnson has been excellent with two mobile players either side of him - Holtby, Travis, Rothwell all fit that description. With Evans though it looks way too static and they can't cover the ground. So dropping Evans makes sense.

Looking ahead to this game.... From the Watford outing the impression I got from Trybull is that he is also not very mobile, so I wonder if we will see the same issues as with Evans? Obviously I hope not but I suspect, based on what happened on Wednesday night, Trybull will sit at the base and Johnson will be expected to play a box to box role. I just can't see how he can do that? It also means our left side will have little pace with Douglas, Johnson and Williams on that side.

I think we have maybe missed trick not playing JRC in midfield as we need legs in there.

Anyhow that's all based off seeing Trybull for 20 mins so hopefully my concerns are unfounded and he will cover a lot of grass.

8 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I think he is too. Late last season he was left out for lacking confidence (although he miraculously regained it for the next game) and this season because 'his numbers were high' amongst other things. I know Nyambe was poor at Watford but so was Lehihan who has arguably been our worst defender this season. I actually called it on Wednesday that Nyambe would be dropped pretty much in the knowledge that Mowbray doesn't need too much of a reason to leave him out.

I think had Ayala been fit lenihan would have been dropped along with bell, Evans & nyambe and rightfully so. 

I don't get why it always has to be a conspiracy theory. Nyambe has been poor so has been dropped. That's what should happen in football 

• Like 2

Happy enough with the team, although I would have started Nyambe at right back. Good to see Douglas and Trybull start.

37 minutes ago, rigger said:

If that scenario happens fair enough, until then why the U23's and not the bench ?

Apologies, didnt explain very well. I think he should be on the bench at the moment, and obviously if he makes an impact as and when needed then he can solidify his place in the squad and even push to start. If he fails to do so then be might struggle to get into the 18 at some point during the season and if that happens he can dip into the under 23s as initially anticipated.

7 minutes ago, Ruaney said:

Would anybody play Nyambe at CB instead of Lenihan?

Nyambe cant head a ball. Over the last year or 2 our win record is much better with him than without him and especialy with Ayala out, he has to start.

Ruthless from Mowbray. This is a must win game, as they all are from now on I suppose. 

Looking forward to seeing Trybul because he looked a class above anything when he came on against Watford, his passing range looked exceptional. Him and Holtby should be interesting to watch today. 

Shame Ayala is out because I would have liked to judge what the manager likely considers our strongest back 4. 

I'm expecting a solid win today. Anything less is just not acceptable from the players we have. 

Good to see Evans and Gallagher on the bench, hopefully I don't have to look at their faces today. 

Just now, tomphil said:

Multiple changes might bite us in the arse today.

Some were needed and looks a decent side but could be a bit disjointed.

Agree - but on the back of a 3 game week and with the new few weeks looking congested I think we'll have to ring the changes quite a bit over the coming games.

Attack like we did on Wednesday and we should have too much for them. 1-3 Rovers

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I feel JRC offers more in an attacking sense than Nyambe. His link up play with Dolan was encouraging and hopefully will be similarly with Elliott. I like Nyambe but think he's lacking and predictable in his forward play. His physique lends itself more to being a central defender as opposed to a modern day fullback IMO. That said, I do feel he's a bit of a fall guy as far as Mowbray is concerned but do understand today's choice at right back.

Just now, Admiral Nelsen said:

Agree - but on the back of a 3 game week and with the new few weeks looking congested I think we'll have to ring the changes quite a bit over the coming games.

Attack like we did on Wednesday and we should have too much for them. 1-3 Rovers

defend like we did on wednesday and it`ll be 3-3?

• Like 1