BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Shame about today, never been to Coventry, one of the fixtures I was looking forward to attending in a normal world

Tuesday is a proper test. We need to beat the likes of Reading to show we're not just flat track bullies

Erm ..Coventry play at Birmingham Jim 

• Like 1

Just now, rovers11 said:

Ben played like a £10m player today. He needs to work on his finishing but he was outstanding. Without doubt his best performance in a Rovers shirt. Harvey Elliot came to life in the second half and comes away with a goal and assist. Very impressive all round. 

It was a brilliant performance until he fluffed that finish. Took a little shine off.

8 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Hence the inconsistent tag, that's not people slating him it's just pointing out facts. And nobody expects strikers to score every week but his pen miss and good chances missed the other night were costly so he was always going to get a bit of grief.  Mainly because he had a very poor game all round.

Thankfully he's paid it back today.

He's the new Rhodes for me. All-round game is poor, but he bags 15+ goals so he's invaluable at this level.

Brilliant Rovers, thoroughly enjoyed that.

Big Ben looks a player, I never thought I'd say that. Holtby superb as the midfield fulcrum, almost Tuguyesque.

A big thing for me is we look capable of being on the front foot for 90 minutes, hungry for more. Hopefully long gone are games where we go one in front, sit back and invite the opposition on and know what's coming.

Yeh it was only Coventry and they were down to 10 early on but that was a top notch performance all round, irrespective.

Made everyone's weekend who's a blue and white!

• Like 4

Keegan got promotions though and had a good stab at the Prem title with his style so lets have it.

The key is keep at it even when you suffer the odd pasting and keep getting players that fit it. Too many changes and swapping about for it to ever happen here i think.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Shame about today, never been to Coventry, one of the fixtures I was looking forward to attending in a normal world

Tuesday is a proper test. We need to beat the likes of Reading to show we're not just flat track bullies

You'd have been going to Brum in any event Jim, Covid restrictions or not.

Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

Johnson for me. Trybull is a different class. But they'll all play as we'll need to rotate with the number of games we have to play.

Full squad we have 2 quality players for every midfield and forward position.

Defence we lack numbers so need to be lucky with injuries there.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, J*B said:

It’s going to be some bottle of Red in Mercer’s local Italian tonight. 

Indeed!

What an afternoon.

Rovers' romp (could have been 10). Douglas and Elliott big pluses. Holtby and Brereton mega pluses.

In play bet of more than 3.5 goals up (just) and 5 acca up - thanks Rovers, Blackpool, Fleetwood, Reading and Norwich.

Tomorrow might be a long recovery day!

• Like 3