BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

9 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Shame about today, never been to Coventry, one of the fixtures I was looking forward to attending in a normal world

Tuesday is a proper test. We need to beat the likes of Reading to show we're not just flat track bullies

They played at St Andrews jimbo

As good as it gets. Very pleased for Brereton. Especially for Mowbray who took a punt on him and was slagged off by many on this site. 

Very strong transfer window and if we develop Elliott there will be plenty more where he came from. 

How great it is not to feel deflated at “teleprinter time.”

• Like 7

We’re doing ok at the moment need to be more consistent and clinical in front of goal . After ten or so games we will see how we are going to fair 

over the season weather we are going to Nick one of those top two spots or settle for the lottery of the playoffs.
  But today hats of to the lads , they were great , especially BRERETON , long may it continue.

• Like 1

Brereton did will today but you look at the team today and you would miss Holtby before you missed him.

Great result in awful conditions against 10 men (which can sometimes make things difficult). Back within points of the play off places.

We have the makings of a decent squad this season. We need to break out of the habit of winning a few and losing a few and get some momentum. We need to win when we are playing badly, and beat teams at both ends of the table.

No more false dawns and gloating because our perennial performers have a rare good performance or score a rare goal.

Consistency, form and momentum.

• Like 7

Our defence was hardly ever under threat or being pressed. It would have been difficult to have a bad game as a Rovers defender today.

Not being negative, just the truth.

Great win and yes Brereton excellent.

Holtby top top footballer.

Hell they were all good against a team that played like a newly promoted L1 outfit with 10 men.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Whisper it, but Williams should start every game he's fit at CB.

A colossus back there.

There’s many have said it before. Williams has always been a sound Championship CB and w distinctly average LB.

At 27 he’s just about to hit his peak which is probably a ‘good, solid’ Championship CB. But make no bones about it...he has been our best defender and with 4 clean sheets in 7 that says a lot about the level of his performances.

• Like 9

Mad season and mad results continue...clearly we have an exciting attack force, and this is still without Dack - who obviously will make us even better when he returns.

The defense needs to be solved though, and maybe Lenihan-Williams feel confident with each other, same country and all that, and elevate each other to a higher level than each can play individually? IDK if it's a coincidence or not but they both seem to do their best when starting together. Maybe Ayala needs to be used as back up? IDK the answer, but we need to think about the situation carefully. 

16 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

He's the new Rhodes for me. All-round game is poor, but he bags 15+ goals so he's invaluable at this level.

Think that's really unfair - Id take Armstrong over Rhodes every time. Scores the goals but also can get in behind, press, play out wide or the centre, can score on his own from nothing from range.

Offers so much more in my opinion.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Yeah one of Johnson or Trybull will make way.

I wouldn't change that after today's showing. Rothwell will have to bide his time after traipsing round Blackpool irresponsibly and contracting Covid as a consequence. Who knows, it may also leave him with lasting breathing difficulties but hopefully not.

I agree, he's looked a different player this season but surely you wouldn't advocate any change from today's line up based on that performance?

• Like 1

Just now, bluefred said:

We’re doing ok at the moment need to be more consistent and clinical in front of goal . After ten or so games we will see how we are going to fair 

over the season weather we are going to Nick one of those top two spots or settle for the lottery of the playoffs.
  But today hats of to the lads , they were great , especially BRERETON , long may it continue.

As posted earlier, next 5 games should give us 4 wins and a draw.

After 12 games, we will be soarin' and flyin' (lyrics from Breaking Free).

Keep saying it but confidence and momentum are everything in this league.  Unstoppable, invincible and so powerful (more song lyrics).  The wine is working well! 

• Like 3

Just now, BobdaBuilder said:

I beg to differ, I have a different source of good luck

There have been 3 games I've not been able to watch on ifollow this season ( today and I think you could guess which other two). I think I could make us champions of Europe within 3 years.

I've been the opposite, watched the last 2 on I follow, thought I would not today and voila.

1 minute ago, darrenrover said:

I wouldn't change that after today's showing. Rothwell will have to bide his time after traipsing round Blackpool irresponsibly and contracting Covid as a consequence. Who knows, it may also leave him with lasting breathing difficulties but hopefully not.

I agree, he's looked a different player this season but surely you wouldn't advocate any change from today's line up based on that performance?

I think against a better team than Coventry we will struggle expecting Johnson to go box to box. Rothwell will come back into that role I am sure because he can cover the ground so effectively.

I think Mowbray won't change a winning team (as he shouldn't) but Rothwell will come back in eventually.

Edited by joey_big_nose
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Shame about today, never been to Coventry, one of the fixtures I was looking forward to attending in a normal world

Tuesday is a proper test. We need to beat the likes of Reading to show we're not just flat track bullies

Not missing that much. The Ricoh, where they used to play is near a scrap yard and a load of warehouses. And before that Highfield Road was slap bang in the middle of Hillfields, where the prozzies and drug dealers hang out.