BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

5 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Think that's really unfair - Id take Armstrong over Rhodes every time. Scores the goals but also can get in behind, press, play out wide or the centre, can score on his own from nothing from range.

Offers so much more in my opinion.

Rhodes in his pomp was a much better player than Armstrong.

• Like 2

Just now, joey_big_nose said:

I think against a better team than Coventry we will struggle expecting Johnson to go box to box. Rothwell will come back into that role I am sure because he can cover the ground so effectively.

I  disagree with you against better teams because I feel Johnson offers more than Rothwell defensively. Against teams that are likely to sit back, I'd play Rothwell as opposed to Johnson.

• Like 1

Just now, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

It's certainly not dull this season. Two 4-0's away from home and a 5-0 at home. 

Top scorers in the league by some distance and our games have had the most goals. 

Tony's entertainers!

I'd take a long line of 1-0s and no defeats any day

1 minute ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

Not missing that much. The Ricoh, where they used to play is near a scrap yard and a load of warehouses. And before that Highfield Road was slap bang in the middle of Hillfields, where the prozzies and drug dealers hang out. 

The Ricoh is fairly new - why aren't they playing there?

Excellent result, pleased for Mowbray, love the style we are playing.

Wont happen every week, struggle to break down teams who park the bus, like some top premier teams do,  glad Brereton has come good, Holtby on fire and a very astute loan with Elliot.

With Dack, Travis and Rothwell to come into the squad it could be our best chance to get in the top 6.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, unsall said:

Excellent result, pleased for Mowbray, love the style we are playing.

Wont happen every week, struggle to break down teams who park the bus, like some top premier teams do,  glad Brereton has come good, Holtby on fire and a very astute loan with Elliot.

With Dack, Travis and Rothwell to come into the squad it could be our best chance to get in the top 6. top 2.

Corrected for you.

• Like 3

A very long story Exiled Rover. In short, Wasps own it after buying out the two owners (the council and a charity called the Alan Highs trust). The owners of City tried to buy one half of it using some holding/shell company that was going into receivership. Then they fell out with Wasps and refused to pay the rent when the contract was up. There's been court cases, speculative talk of other sites (e.g. the now abandoned speedway track) but nothing has ever happened.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

I think against a better team than Coventry we will struggle expecting Johnson to go box to box. Rothwell will come back into that role I am sure because he can cover the ground so effectively.

I think Mowbray won't change a winning team (as he shouldn't) but Rothwell will come back in eventually.

Agreed, we can be exposed in the counter.  It was very apparent vs Watford. Johnson doesn’t have the motor or pace to provide sufficient cover in front of the center half’s when the backs push up. Add to that, the final product from Bell and Naymbe are often times so poor and easily dealt with it’s almost begs for a quick break. That role is best filled by Travis as he will do much better providing cover and breaking up the quick transition. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

A very long story Exiled Rover. In short, Wasps own it after buying out the two owners (the council and a charity called the Alan Highs trust). The owners of City tried to buy one half of it using some holding/shell company that was going into receivership. Then they fell out with Wasps and refused to pay the rent when the contract was up. There's been court cases, speculative talk of other sites (e.g. the now abandoned speedway track) but nothing has ever happened.

Wait, Wasps play in Coventry? I thought they were a London club?!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, yankfan said:

Agreed, we can be exposed in the counter.  It was very apparent vs Watford. Johnson doesn’t have the motor or pace to provide sufficient cover in front of the center half’s when the backs push up. Add to that, the final product from Bell and Naymbe are often times so poor and easily dealt with it’s almost begs for a quick break. That role is best filled by Travis as he will do much better providing cover and breaking up the quick transition. 

Today was perfect for Douglas and JRC. We were on the front foot all day.

I worry about JRC when he has to legitimately defend. But he didn't put a foot wrong today.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Tugay-is-God said:

Lol, in what world is Arma's all round game "piss poor"?

That's just crazy. 

In what world did i say that ?   Gallaghers game is but seeing as you mention it someone else made the reference so maybe you should take it up with them instead.

Take your false offence elsewhere or actually take posts in the context they are made.

• Like 1