BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

32 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

We could have put an outfield player in goal and played on, it would have still been 10 v 10 and we were streets in front. Normally Keepers aren't rushing to come off unless they think it's needed.

I remember the incident- it was in the 89th minute when Rovers were peppering the Coventry goal looking for the 5th- Brereton was about to have the miss which was the only blot on an otherwise impeccable performance. Kaminsky was a bit unprofessional  as he was on his way off with the ball still in play. Rovers held possession and really slowed it down before knocking it out after presumably Mowbray had told him to stay put. 

In the 3 minutes added time, our outfield players ensured the ball never went anywhere near the stricken keeper.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

My thoughts entirely. He sort of had a freer role playing from the middle across to the left hand side and looked a different player to me, far more effective.

I thought today we were terrific, looking at the season as a whole I think we've been very inconsistent, exceptional in the three games we've won, very poor against Cardiff, Forest and Watford and good in the game against Bournemouth which we nevertheless managed to lose. Unfortunately you still only get three points for winning four or five nil so we'll have to cut the percentage of poor games right down if we're to challenge. Hopefully we can achieve that greater consistency if the manager continues to pick what most people would consider to be more or less the strongest line up and doesn't succumb to the temptation of starting the likes of Evans and Gallagher again, although personally I much prefer Nyambe to JRC at RB.

JRC is an incredible talent who has played in our best performances. Nyambe is athletic but limited.

It was great to see two complete fullbacks in operation today.

2 hours ago, yankfan said:

For me it’s:  

Nyambe Lenihan Williams Dougless

Travis Holtby

elliot.                  Dack.               Brereton

Arma 

I think we would be exposed at the back with both JRC and Douglass against stronger sides. Also think Arma has earned the center forward role and Dack will be just fine playing off him. 

really a good problem to have trying to leave a quality player out vs years past where we couldn’t find a quality player to put in 

I think it's daft to change from the 433

And JRC should be one of the first names on the team sheet. 

Gallagher v Brereton. 
Months ago I commented that I saw a footballer in Brereton but at that time he was being played out of position.  I took some flack for saying that on this site and bar the odd one or two, the replies where what a waste of money. This season he has been a revelation but consider that he is now being played in position and that resulted in a wonderful performance today.  I think my initial assessment is ok but time will tell?

I also commented about Gallagher in the same post saying that I wasn’t sure and I still am not but he must be played in position, no longer stuck out on the wing like a fish out of water but should be given a chance.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Vilesinner said:

Give it a rest about Rhodes. Gestede and King were better than him. He scored nothing else.

We defend from the front with pace and skill, Rhodes is the last person we should sign.

I was contributing to a pre-existing conversation and I never suggested that we should sign him now, I am aware that his career has badly declined.

I just think that re-writing history by being dismissive or implying that a striker should have been dropped who got 83 goals in 159 games, so better than 1 in 2 and consistent over a few years was anything other than superb for us, in both strong and malfunctioning sides with different managers and in different formations and styles, is absolutely senseless.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, yankfan said:

I guess you can put the names on paper however you like but the mid 3 are all fairly central, one has more defensive responsibilities, while the other two more freedom to operate. One more advanced and the other a bit deeper. The wide advanced players also have defensive responsibilities to cover the backs.  So 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 it’s really the same. 

Have to strongly disagree, totally different setup 433 to 4231. Makes a vast difference.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I was contributing to a pre-existing conversation and I never suggested that we should sign him now, I am aware that his career has badly declined.

I just think that re-writing history by being dismissive or implying that a striker should have been dropped who got 83 goals in 159 games, so better than 1 in 2 and consistent over a few years was anything other than superb for us, in both strong and malfunctioning sides with different managers and in different formations and styles, is absolutely senseless.

I would bet that the Rhodes of 2013 would score at least 30 goals a season in this team assuming that TM didnt pop him on the wing for his heading ability??

• Like 3

1 hour ago, J*B said:

I will use admin privileges to remove Jordan Rhodes slander!!

Do whatever makes you feel warm and fuzzy Josh. Jordan Rhodes is a world class finisher stuck in the body of a Dog and Duck, Sunday league footballer. I watched him play week in week out and other than when he scored his influence was non existent because the games were being played far beyond his level.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

We should tie him down for another 2 years. He looks like the sort of player who can go until he's 34/35 easy. 

i think he was injured and unfit despite playing last year,because i thought he was past it,he was a class act at spurs remember and now he`s using that class in a lower division,keep him fit at all costs

40 minutes ago, 4000Holes said:

Months ago I commented that I saw a footballer in Brereton but at that time he was being played out of position.  I took some flack for saying that on this site and bar the odd one or two, the replies where what a waste of money. This season he has been a revelation but consider that he is now being played in position and that resulted in a wonderful performance today.  I think my initial assessment is ok but time will tell?

Lets see how he does in front of a crowd. There's thousands of players who are talented but doing it under pressure is another story.

I agree he's improved,  but many a player has wilted when playing in front of thousands.  Its a real thing that affects loads of players who sadly fall out of the game.

6 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Do whatever makes you feel warm and fuzzy Josh. Jordan Rhodes is a world class finisher stuck in the body of a Dog and Duck, Sunday league footballer. I watched him play week in week out and other than when he scored his influence was non existent because the games were being played far beyond his level.

But ultimately the fact that he was such a good finisher and more pertinently got over 20 goals a season ensured that he was a good a Championship striker during his time here as there was in the league.

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

Lets see how he does in front of a crowd. There's thousands of players who are talented but doing it under pressure is another story.

I agree he's improved,  but many a player has wilted when playing in front of thousands.  Its a real thing that affects loads of players who sadly fall out of the game.

He has played well in front of a crowd though.Not here granted but he did do it at Forest  when Warburton was in charge

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Colt Seavers said:

Did anyone else think Elliott was far more dangerous when he switched to the left late on? It gave us the added dimension of crosses from the byline. This would ultimately suit a player like Gallagher centrally, whereas Brereton cutting inside everytime profits Armstrong. 

If we ever get them all fit, there are huge battles for a starting place. 

I struggle to see a start for Bell, Evans, Dolan, Buckley, Chapman, Davenport and others due to really terrific recruitment.

We could have a massive chance this year if Mowbray can muster a mean, tight back four. The rest takes care of itself. 

That's the difficult bit for the young lads like Buckley, Dolan and Davenport etc. They need football time which they aren't getting now. Poor Buckley and Davenport have hardly played any competitive football since March. No good for their development to be bench warmers at their age. I say give them match time in u23s  We seem to be wasting Buckley who is a huge talent but needs game time so he can step up when needed ( and he will this season) and be a strong squad member ( same for Davenport and Dolan)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Colt Seavers said:

Did anyone else think Elliott was far more dangerous when he switched to the left late on? It gave us the added dimension of crosses from the byline. This would ultimately suit a player like Gallagher centrally, whereas Brereton cutting inside everytime profits Armstrong. 

If we ever get them all fit, there are huge battles for a starting place. 

I struggle to see a start for Bell, Evans, Dolan, Buckley, Chapman, Davenport and others due to really terrific recruitment.

We could have a massive chance this year if Mowbray can muster a mean, tight back four. The rest takes care of itself. 

Elliot mainly plays left side to be fair. I think it suits him more too but BB has been great there so far. Perhaps switch them?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ossyian said:

That's the difficult bit for the young lads like Buckley, Dolan and Davenport etc. They need football time which they aren't getting now. Poor Buckley and Davenport have hardly played any competitive football since March. No good for their development to be bench warmers at their age. I say give them match time in u23s  We seem to be wasting Buckley who is a huge talent but needs game time so he can step up when needed ( and he will this season) and be a strong squad member ( same for Davenport and Dolan)

iv`e yet to see this buckley talent tbh,everytime iv`e seen him he`s completely underwhelming and looks out of his depth,as for davenport,he`s been here for 3 seasons, and we still don`t know much about him,time for him to move on,tony patently does`nt think much of him

1 hour ago, Vilesinner said:

JRC is an incredible talent who has played in our best performances. Nyambe is athletic but limited.

It was great to see two complete fullbacks in operation today.

A complete FB kniws how to defend and that is not jrc. I can understand his inclusion against teams like this as he has better delivery than Nyambe but if i had to pick one against better teams, Nyambe all the way.

1 minute ago, JacknOry said:

A complete FB kniws how to defend and that is not jrc. I can understand his inclusion against teams like this as he has better delivery than Nyambe but if i had to pick one against better teams, Nyambe all the way.

I agree with you there. If you were a winger who would you rather play against ? I don't think it would be Nyambe. It'll be interesting to see who plays against Reading. Given that they've only conceded one goal so far we may need JRC's attacking skills.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He was only average for a guy who was 6' 0". I've seen him miss a few that Rudy would have put through the back of the net.

Look at his goals for huddersfield back when they were small time. Plus comparing to Gestede in thatvarea is a little unfair lol

Edited by JacknOry