BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

11 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

He hates Nyambe doesn't he Mowbray? 

He certainly acts like Nyambe is his scapegoat.and is the main reason why Ryan will mot.sign a new contract here.  Too bad cos he is going to be a monster, a top top player

• Like 1

Just now, USABlue said:

He certainly acts like Nyambe is his scapegoat.and is the main reason why Ryan will mot.sign a new contract here.  Too bad cos he is going to be a monster, a top top player

No he’s not. He’s exactly where he is, a player in a mid table championship side. If he left us, you would never mention his name again,

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Gogger said:

Should be 4 up, poor finishing again today.  Lets hope we dont concede three against ten men.

This needs addressed, it is going to cost us dearly and it already has.  With better finishing Holtby could have been on a hat trick.  We need to be more clinical, some if these are great chances.

10 hours ago, BigBar said:

Props to Ben. I have slated him in the past but I don't think a few good games and a VERY good game today undoes the poor performances in the past. Delighted to see some promise and would love nothing more than to see him become a massive success. As it stands the bad games outnumber the the good ones but let's hope that is reversed very soon. Well done today Ben.

Not so sure, he had not played that much.  Since his Covid transformation he started out decent and has morphed to pretty damned good since..  Long may it continue.amd I hope it does not evaporate once the crowds return.

10 hours ago, superniko said:

Couldn’t care less if Brereton doesn’t score all season if he continues with these assists. He’ll prob be a 5-10 a season guy but that’s fine in the role he now plays and as a non-setpiece taker. 
He was brilliant again today, as was Elliott and I think this will continue to be our starting front 3 for the time being. 

Me either, he is now starting to pull 2, 3 and even 4 players to him and he has the ability to dribble by them, if he can see and get the ball to .those open also he could be a great player for us

• Like 2

10 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Shame about today, never been to Coventry, one of the fixtures I was looking forward to attending in a normal world

Tuesday is a proper test. We need to beat the likes of Reading to show we're not just flat track bullies

Been seeing this comment quite a bit lately, what does it mean exactly.

10 hours ago, Stuart said:

Brereton did will today but you look at the team today and you would miss Holtby before you missed him.

Great result in awful conditions against 10 men (which can sometimes make things difficult). Back within points of the play off places.

We have the makings of a decent squad this season. We need to break out of the habit of winning a few and losing a few and get some momentum. We need to win when we are playing badly, and beat teams at both ends of the table.

No more false dawns and gloating because our perennial performers have a rare good performance or score a rare goal.

Consistency, form and momentum.

When is the next International break because we can almost guarantee a lethargic performance prior and put money one one after.  Momentum is hard with these stop start bullshit seasons.

• Backroom
28 minutes ago, USABlue said:

I think it comes from cricket. Something to do with Batsmen scoring loads of runs when the pitch isn't any good for the bowler. Although I don't understand the reasons why a flat pitch wouldn't be good...

Edited by Mike E

6 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Lets see how he does in front of a crowd. There's thousands of players who are talented but doing it under pressure is another story.

I agree he's improved,  but many a player has wilted when playing in front of thousands.  Its a real thing that affects loads of players who sadly fall out of the game.

You will get hammered for suggesting the Rovers crowd might adversely affect the performance of our players.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, USABlue said:

Morning Mart, it means looking good against the lesser teams, or if you like, good performances when the opposition is poor but not when the chips are down.

Edited to say good evening where you are ?

Edited by DeeCee
  • Like 1

I've just re-watched on iFollow using the Coventry audio.

Similar to Forest they use in pre-match and in game the local BBC Radio station, in Coventry's case its BBC Radio CWR.

IMHO it produces a better online match-day experience that no pre-match and a match commentary that comes across like its 2 fans in a socially distanced bar having a chat about a game on the Telly when they are not sharing jokes only they understand, and its a socially distanced bar that sells no alcohol.

We absolutely dominated the 10 of Coventry as the stats show, only missing the extra 4 or 5 goals that we should have scored such was the domination and number of good chances created.

Brereton and Elliott looked even better on replay. Bell in his short time did not.

Happy with that and welcome Reading.

38 minutes ago, USABlue said:

Flat track means the ball doesn't deviate off the pitch so the batsman can intimidate the bowler by attacking every ball not on the perfect line and length.

Great batsmen have the reflexes to do that even when there are inconsistences in the pitch causing uneven bounce and deviations in direction.

Flat track bullies cannot score when the pitch causes uncertainty.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, USABlue said:

Mine did not work just kept doing the riund and round circle.  Phone worked great, last 2 games my desktop has not worked

I swapped from chrome to safari but in Safari the option to switch commentaries is not available.

Instead there is a match time bar and a whistle icon which takes you back to the start of the match again if you click it.

Can only go live again by coming out of safari and logging back in again so don't touch it!

I am still getting the circling icon in Chrome even when trying to view the highlights.

6 hours ago, S8 & Blue said:

Thank you.

Plenty of slagging on here for what happened at Watford but we ran up against a top keeper having one of the best games of his career.

Nice of Watford and Bournemouth to be so complimentary but it is points on the board that win promotions.

Also no doubt about the red card.

Edited by philipl
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, USABlue said:

1 hour ago, philipl said:

Flat track means the ball doesn't deviate off the pitch so the batsman can intimidate the bowler by attacking every ball not on the perfect line and length.

Great batsmen have the reflexes to do that even when there are inconsistences in the pitch causing uneven bounce and deviations in direction.

Flat track bullies cannot score when the pitch causes uncertainty.

Yeah. In the context of rovers it’s effectively dominating inferior sides while struggling against better ones.

This season it has merit. We’ve smashed derby and 10 men Wycombe/Coventry all of whom make up the bottom 3-4, points deductions aside. Lost to Bournemouth/Watford who are in the play offs and failed to beat teams around us (Cardiff). Forest was an off day.

Next week will be a big test to dispel the flat track bully tag. Tuesday - Reading flying at the top conceding one goal. Saturday - Swansea who I think are just in the play offs but certainly above us.

Get 4-6 points from those I might start to believe we are more than mid table makeweights. 

Edited by matt83
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Lets see how he does in front of a crowd. There's thousands of players who are talented but doing it under pressure is another story.

I agree he's improved,  but many a player has wilted when playing in front of thousands.  Its a real thing that affects loads of players who sadly fall out of the game.

There is a point to this.  I THINK he will ne OK.  He was devoid of confidence.and.with the price tag feeling the added pressure.  Playing scared to make a mistake, fearful of derision and vitriol.from the crowd.  Along came Covid and released him from that crowd pressure.  I am hopingv that with his confidence rebuilt and having found his feet in a position that suits himc he will mow be able to use the crowd to his advantage.  Play like today.and he will hears.the ooohs. and aaaajs and applause and it will help him further.  Bad as it has been this Covid may just have saved BB's career and salvaged Rovers at least some of the 7 million we paid for him.  Who knows(imma getting silly now) perhaps with crowds roaring him on he turns out to be the profitable investment we hoped he be.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, darrenrover said:

The only area Rhodes is better than Armstrong is in the 6 yard box or one v ones. 

Until Armstrong shins one in against the Dingles Rhodes is ahead in my book.  Present the chances missed today.to an inform Jordan Rhodes there would have been a double figure scoreline.  The sad fact of the matter is though with Rhodes in the team instead of either of those and the chances would not have been created in the first place.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, philipl said:

Thank you.

Plenty of slagging on here for what happened at Watford but we ran up against a top keeper having one of the best games of his career.

Nice of Watford and Bournemouth to be so complimentary but it is points on the board that win promotions.

Also no doubt about the red card.

Absolutely mate, Anyone with football knowledge can see that we obliterated Watford. It was like one of those iconic giant killing matches where everything the underdog does works and their keeper somehow keeps the giants out.

This team already has and will continue to inflict  heavy defeats on teams this season. We hog possession and are utterly relentless in our closing down. The most pleasing part of our play are the constant waves of attack after attack...it must be a bloody nightmare to play against us now. Get the consistency and we’ll finish comfortably in the top 6 and potentially the top 2.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Absolutely mate, Anyone with football knowledge can see that we obliterated Watford. It was like one of those iconic giant killing matches where everything the underdog does works and their keeper somehow keeps the giants out.

This team already has and will continue to inflict  heavy defeats on teams this season. We hog possession and are utterly relentless in our closing down. The most pleasing part of our play are the constant waves of attack after attack...it must be a bloody nightmare to play against us now. Get the consistency and we’ll finish comfortably in the top 6 and potentially the top 2.

...when the manager picks the right team. Here’s hoping we carry on starting the Douglas’ and Trybull’s rather than Bell and Evans. 

A myth has been built fast around the Watford game and Foster. You all need to rewatch.

Foster did nothing that a Keeper of his ability and experience would not expect to do.

Indeed he failed badly on our goal and poor punching almost gifted us another goal.

And don't start with the anyone with football knowledge bullshit.

Watford never bothered to get out of 3rd gear and our possession tippy tappy has many fooled.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 4