BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

9 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Wharton to be given a go please instead of dreadful Del

Wharton came on against Watford and in the limited minutes he got on the field he managed to give the ball away three times and we were very lucky not to concede another two.

13 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Kaminski 

JRC Lenihan Williams Douglas 

Holtby  Trybull Johnson

Elliott     Armstrong   Brereton 

This is a nice side but the full backs lack major pace. Coventry are a speedy counter attacking side, we can't leave ourselves exposed like that. Huge JRC fan and I think Douglas is great but one of Nyambe or Bell has to play and for me that has to be Ryan.

I'd be interested to see JRC given a go with Holtby and Trybull in midfield in a game where we're going to have control of the ball.

Same things were said about Armstrong early on last season when he was starting every game. Just another of those players who's body language doesn't always look good.  He's a forward though and one's of his type just want balls to run onto and can't be arsed with anything else.

To me he's always looked more happy on the left of a 3 not lurking about up top on his own, needs dropping to the bench tomorrow then unleash him. Usually seems to do the trick but imo we really do need a central striker from somewhere.

Bad run ends tomorrow and a little purple patch coming up just to get everyone giddy again before Tony puts the blockers on it.

Coventry  1    Rovers   2

I fully get the thinking behind dropping Armstrong, maybe it would give him a kick up the backside, but feel we'd be far too toothless without him. I'm sure he's aware that he's been below his best lately, so hopefully he'll be back at it tomorrow against his former club

I would say :

Kaminski.

Nyambe.  Lenihan.  Williams.   Douglas

JRC.     Johnson.   Holtby

Elliott.   Armstrong.   Brereton

Subs - Stergiakis , Wharton, Bell, Trybull, Buckley, Dolan, Gallagher

Without Rothwell I think JRC has a big part to play in midfield box to box.

It is critical we win this one. And we really really should do. I don't think Coventry are that defensive so we should make plenty of chances, we need to put them away, and let's show the kind of defensive fortitude we have shown prior to the Watford game.

Big game to make a statement.

Edited by joey_big_nose

30 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Wharton came on against Watford and in the limited minutes he got on the field he managed to give the ball away three times and we were very lucky not to concede another two.

Ha! He gets hardly any game time and you crucify him for a couple of misplaced passes.

What about Del's 3 years of giving the ball away, costing us goals, bad positiining,  whatever...lets all just conveniently forget all that. ? Its inevitable that Del will do this again, whereas lets give the lad wharton a proper go, Mowbray should give him 5 games at least on the run.  Then we will know about him...

You don't even know how good he is...we know how shit Del is....

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, JoeH said:

This is a nice side but the full backs lack major pace. Coventry are a speedy counter attacking side, we can't leave ourselves exposed like that. Huge JRC fan and I think Douglas is great but one of Nyambe or Bell has to play and for me that has to be Ryan.

I'd be interested to see JRC given a go with Holtby and Trybull in midfield in a game where we're going to have control of the ball.

Bell should never be under serious consideration to start even if Nyambe is unavailable if Douglas is available. He may be quite fast but its ultimately worthless if he cant defend which he cant. Very wary of making changes specifically to counter our opposition, especially one like Coventry.

• Like 1

This is a watershed game. Coventry are certainly no pushovers, and Rovers will need to be on their game if we are to bring anything away with us. If we fail to set up properly, we will concede and this will bring into focus whether or not we have the capability of scoring other than through the semi-industrious but painfully selfish Mr Armstrong.

I think we have the resources to prevail. Do we have the management to deploy those resources effectively? The jury is still out, which in itself is a clear indictment of the situation we face with a management team that has been given support, but has so far failed to deliver satisfactorily.

Coventry 1 Rovers 1

14 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

what no evans or bell?tbh id`e drop the fat,useless tub of lard johnson as well,oil tankers turn quicker

Johnson is a great player hampered and hamstrung when Evans plays alongside him! With a better player alongside him he thrives it’s as simple as that remivecEvans from the team and we are solid 

• Like 2

Think this game will favour our attacking team. 

Please no Evans Johnson combo. In fact no Evans full stop. Where's Rothwell as he looked very comfortable in cm? Assuming he is injured. Need more dynamism and consistency in cm. 

Not a fan of Bereton but feel after a goal it's hard to drop him. That said I think it's the kind of game Dolan would do well in as well as Elliott. Good problem to have I suppose. 

Defence still looks thin. Williams and Bell don't strike me as ideal choices so hopefully Douglas fit and ready. Also with Lenihen not in great form we really are struggling for options in defence which could be our undoing. 

That said I think we will outscore them and win 3-2 or 2-1. 

3 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Think this game will favour our attacking team. 

Please no Evans Johnson combo. In fact no Evans full stop. Where's Rothwell as he looked very comfortable in cm? Assuming he is injured. Need more dynamism and consistency in cm. 

Not a fan of Bereton but feel after a goal it's hard to drop him. That said I think it's the kind of game Dolan would do well in as well as Elliott. Good problem to have I suppose. 

Defence still looks thin. Williams and Bell don't strike me as ideal choices so hopefully Douglas fit and ready. Also with Lenihen not in great form we really are struggling for options in defence which could be our undoing. 

That said I think we will outscore them and win 3-2 or 2-1. 

Rothwell still quarantining.

One of the reasons we need this outsized squad is we have already lost two players to 14 day quarantines and inevitably will lose more no matter how careful everybody is.

• Like 1

Creeping into the 'need to win' territory for me after a dismal spell which has turned a good start into a decidedly average one. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Mowbray death spiral go on for another game or two longer yet before we win 3-4 on the spin to get everyone giddy once again.

Cov 2 Rovers 1

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

Ha! He gets hardly any game time and you crucify him for a couple of misplaced passes.

What about Del's 3 years of giving the ball away, costing us goals, bad positiining,  whatever...lets all just conveniently forget all that. ? Its inevitable that Del will do this again, whereas lets give the lad wharton a proper go, Mowbray should give him 5 games at least on the run.  Then we will know about him...

Sparks your hatred for William is quite bizarre the games he has played for us this season he has been very good.  

did he by any chance tackle your wet dream Whiteman at some point

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

Del is our strongest centre half atm. Wharton looked awful pre season and even worse on Wednesday. 

22 minutes ago, pedrob2014 said:

did he by any chance tackle your wet dream Whiteman at some point

That would never happen, he couldn't tackle his tea

My problem with Del is that he's still here despite the years of bad play, bad positioning and costs us goals.  Lets see how it plays out.

Edited by Sparks Rover

I don't really understand the major dislike for Williams. I don't think he's been bad when playing at CB when called upon. He was abysmal when he was playing at LB for periods but I struggle to think of when he's been awful at CB. Happy to be corrected but he seems to get crucified by some when Lenihan is far more suspect in my opinion.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ruaney said:

I don't really understand the major dislike for Williams. I don't think he's been bad when playing at CB when called upon. He was abysmal when he was playing at LB for periods but I struggle to think of when he's been awful at CB. Happy to be corrected but he seems to get crucified by some when Lenihan is far more suspect in my opinion.

Thats the trouble, we need new defenders and have done for a couple of seasons.  

Ayala gone off crocked again, hope Barry is on it or we will be back with the League 1 back four.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
2 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

So, just to confirm- you don’t rate Derrick Williams?

• Like 2