BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers vs Reading at Virtual Ewood

Kaminski has been an absolutely fantastic signing. Early days, but I think he'll become our best keeper since Friedel.

We will miss him if he's out, but I think Pears should be a capable deputy. Awesome to have this squad depth and I think it will hold us in good stead to make the playoffs.

• Like 3

I haven't seen Pears play but he's fairly rated, so it feels a lot better knowing we have him behind rather than Leutweiller.

With any luck it's Nyambe in for JRC, same midfield with maybe Johnson dropping out for Rothwell and same front 3. Be probably our best team, keeper / Ayala aside.

Confident about this. Not stopped being excited about a game so far this season. Reading is a big test though and we have come up short against Watford and Bournemouth this year. 3rd time lucky really. I want to be the team that debilitates this Reading squad and puts 5 past a once-solid defence.

Brereton to continue his fantastic form too. How I wish we could be in the stadium and roaring his name right now. He deserves it really. The lad never put the price tag on his head, he's kept quiet amidst the criticism (although I don't think it as vocal as some but was clearly there) and now he is getting his rewards. A truly fantastic performance on Saturday and he seems to have got better when the squad around him has. Coincidence? Definitely not.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Tabula Rasa said:

Gallagher scored on Saturday from a chance even he couldn't miss.

Tbf to him, Gally has rarely had regular chances like that since he returned. Central, facing the goal, five yards out. 

Elliot's cross was perfect, right on Gally's foot. Scored before he realised it.

But wIth his back to the goal, more than six yards out, he's a pudding and leaps like one.

Elliot is turning into what we hoped Chapman would be imo, and what Dolan might one day turn out like.

Holtby and Elliot the keys to five yard tap-ins.

Rhino on hand to intimidate the Reading flank and charge down any errors. 

I feel like this wasn't meant as a reply to my post?

44 minutes ago, Miker said:

Kaminski has been an absolutely fantastic signing. Early days, but I think he'll become our best keeper since Friedel.

Tbh that seems an excessive reaction to what we have seen so far. Made two fantastic saves, a few decent ones, a bunch of simple ones. Looks confident, passes well. Handling has looked slightly suspect at times, and I'd argue partial culpability for a couple of the goals we have shipped. Looked solid and an upgrade on Walton but the jury is still out for me.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I haven't seen Pears play but he's fairly rated, so it feels a lot better knowing we have him behind rather than Leutweiller.

With any luck it's Nyambe in for JRC, same midfield with maybe Johnson dropping out for Rothwell and same front 3. Be probably our best team, keeper / Ayala aside.

Confident about this. Not stopped being excited about a game so far this season. Reading is a big test though and we have come up short against Watford and Bournemouth this year. 3rd time lucky really. I want to be the team that debilitates this Reading squad and puts 5 past a once-solid defence.

Brereton to continue his fantastic form too. How I wish we could be in the stadium and roaring his name right now. He deserves it really. The lad never put the price tag on his head, he's kept quiet amidst the criticism (although I don't think it as vocal as some but was clearly there) and now he is getting his rewards. A truly fantastic performance on Saturday and he seems to have got better when the squad around him has. Coincidence? Definitely not.

Rothwell not available. Still self isolating. Why drop JRC for Nyambe? Hopefully the same front 3 continue. Would be disappointed if Gallagher replaced any of them at kick off. Don't want to see Bell back ahead of Douglas or Buckley instead of Johnson. Keep the faith TM. Don't tinker unless you have to!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Bit of a worry that there could be a couple missing after Saturday. Would be a huge blow.

Screenshot_20201026-095421_Twitter.jpg

Screenshot_20201026-095421_Twitter.jpg

He has said Squad not starting 11 in his comments. Important difference 

1 hour ago, Miker said:

We will miss him if he's out, but I think Pears should be a capable deputy. Awesome to have this squad depth and I think it will hold us in good stead to make the playoffs.

I agree on Kaminski 

• Like 1

One of the squad changes is apparently a fit again Ayala coming in. I have already said I would play him because of Lucas Joao's height.

That doesn't look like an impervious Reading defence to me but we'd better watch ourselves for that guy who can hit it like a train from near the half way line!

On Saturday Holtby and Johnson had eight attempts between them and zero on target. If those two can up their accuracy to just 50% on target we should be ok tomorrow night.

18 minutes ago, dallydally said:

Rothwell not available. Still self isolating. Why drop JRC for Nyambe? Hopefully the same front 3 continue. Would be disappointed if Gallagher replaced any of them at kick off. Don't want to see Bell back ahead of Douglas or Buckley instead of Johnson. Keep the faith TM. Don't tinker unless you have to!

Jesus Christ. Just beyond stupid. Take a test, if he is negative then he should be allowed to play. Take it he hasn't trained for this self isolation period either? Absolute bobbins.

I went for Nyambe because I was thinking about a bit more of a solid defender. With people claiming they tend to play on the break I thought his pace would be a better fit. But, if they sit back like suggested, there probably is calls for JRC as he's a better crosser. Tricky one.

Douglas has to start. I wouldn't be too bothered if Buckley plays ahead of Johnson but I personally think Johnson's shithousery will be important in breaking up counter attacks and alleviate the pressure on Trybull.

Key is to ensure we don't have a midfield that consists of both Johnson and Evans. Not enough about them two to accommodate on the same pitch. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Rothwell will still be isolating I think mate 

17 hours ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Basically agree, but I'd have Nyambe in front of Rankin-Costello. Not an easy call, but both Joao and Meite (assuming they both play) can be a handful and I'd much rather have a rested Nyambe helping to deal with any counter attacks than JRC coming back from a hamstring injury.

No doubt about it in my mind that Douglas and JRC have to play. Reading defend in an incredibly low block, with four defenders and a double pivot central midfield. They’re going to force us wide in possession and we need top class delivery into the box.

Douglas provides that, and whilst not as good JRC provides that more than Nyambe. 

15 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Five yards out yet outside the 6 yard box? To be fair, he nearly missed it.

Yup - he hit it pretty much where the keeper was, but it still went in. As long as it goes in, even if off Ashley Ward's arse, they all count, and each time one goes in for a striker, the more confident they become.

• Like 1

Anyone interested in a neutral, none Blackburn and none Reading look at how they’ll line up and the style they will use - should listen to ‘The Second Tier Podcast’ available on Spotify and other providers.

It’s an interesting listen and I learned a lot about Reading and what we can expect tomorrow from the 5/10 minute segment they did on them.

1 hour ago, philipl said:

One of the squad changes is apparently a fit again Ayala coming in. I have already said I would play him because of Lucas Joao's height.

That doesn't look like an impervious Reading defence to me but we'd better watch ourselves for that guy who can hit it like a train from near the half way line!

On Saturday Holtby and Johnson had eight attempts between them and zero on target. If those two can up their accuracy to just 50% on target we should be ok tomorrow night.

Agreed. And there's some genuinely piss-poor defending from Rotherham.

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

Anyone interested in a neutral, none Blackburn and none Reading look at how they’ll line up and the style they will use - should listen to ‘The Second Tier Podcast’ available on Spotify and other providers.

It’s an interesting listen and I learned a lot about Reading and what we can expect tomorrow from the 5/10 minute segment they did on them.

What's the lowdown then Joe? Are they as expected going to sit deep and defend and rely on their quality forwards to get them something?