BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers vs Reading at Virtual Ewood

Just now, islander200 said:

Forest 13 players unavailable including a midfield 3 of Johnson and Evans and Buckley, name me another championship club who wouldn't struggle in those circumstances?

.Cardiff I will give you but still no Elliot, Douglas and Trybull.

Last season or season before can't be comparative with this season, practically half a new team and we are playing a different style than we have done under Mowbray in the past.

We'll see but on the evidence so far we seem to have similar problems. Mowbray even admits to them in the LT today/yesterday but claims they've been working in training on breaking teams down. He said similar last season.

We are playing a different style ( a far better one) but as Mogga himself admitted, unless teams play out from the back the high-pressing doesn't really work. We need a plan B for when teams sit deep and don't come out. Normally set-pieces or getting on the end of crosses with headers etc are what breaks down deep defences but we aren't effective with either. Douglas looks like he can cross a ball but there's rarely anyone in the box to get on the end of it. 

Hopefully Elliot can make the difference. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, toooldforthis said:

How do I watch this, or any Rovers game, without giving Waggott any money?  He stole my ST money last season and, after over 40 years with a ST, I will never forgive or forget.

Red button also for Sky Sports subscribers 

All the above just part of the package for those who have paid for a season pass.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, toooldforthis said:

How do I watch this, or any Rovers game, without giving Waggott any money?  He stole my ST money last season and, after over 40 years with a ST, I will never forgive or forget.

Waggot stole your season ticket money? What, because we weren’t allowed to watch games in stadiums due to a world wide pandemic? 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, toooldforthis said:

Quite right , my IFollow codes never worked , should have had a refund .....

I will buy a new ST when we can definitely go on the ground..

23 minutes ago, Uddersfelt Blue said:

Waggot stole your season ticket money? What, because we weren’t allowed to watch games in stadiums due to a world wide pandemic? 

Because he has flatly refused to give a refund or any other concession for an inferior replacement product that some people either didn't want or couldn't access. 

• Like 1

Top goal scorer

Highest Home win

Highest Away win

We’re only a few games in but I don’t think anyone would have predicted that at the start of the season ? Tonight is a big test of our credentials and one I’m optimistic of us passing, I think we can put an end to their good run and I’m predicting a 3-1 Rovers win ??

7AB045CE-9B09-4347-A05B-F26922AB087B.png

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, neophox said:

Had we signed Toney this summer...

You are getting into Jack Walker/Kenny Dalglish territory when we signed Duncan Shearer from Swindon just to nobble their promotion push. I think that Shearer ended up playing all of five games for Rovers...

Best attack vs Best Defense.... if we get something from this can we start to believe?  Or are Reading punching above their weight?  For me I just want to see some consistency we are looking good, but need a string of results both against teams at the top and the bottom, big test for sure this.  Got everything crossed for a win.

• Like 5

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

Same manager, same tactical attitude.  

I think we win well tonight.  3-1

It isn't the same tactical attitude.

Yes he will still baffle us at times but on the whole our football is a lot better than in previous years.

We move the ball so much quicker now and it moves forward rather than sideways

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, neophox said:

Is the game on ifollow?

Yes, free to ST holders and you should have had a code already. If you're not a ST holder I presume you can pay £10, but it's also on the Sky red button and I believe there is a way to see it through Bet365 as well.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, @roverseas said:

Best attack vs Best Defense.... if we get something from this can we start to believe?  Or are Reading punching above their weight?  For me I just want to see some consistency we are looking good, but need a string of results both against teams at the top and the bottom, big test for sure this.  Got everything crossed for a win.

I am going to be greedy. I want us to have, the best attack and the best defence.  

53 minutes ago, toooldforthis said:

No.  Because he refused my refund request. 

I understand that and you must somehow feel shortchanged but that was a club policy decision taking into account the unprecedented circumstances it found itself in. All season ticket holders found themselves in the same boat and maybe felt somewhat aggrieved that they had paid for something they didn’t get.

Personally I was happy with the iFollow option as an alternative and know others who felt the same. Sometimes you just can’t look at the financial angle but I understand that some may choose to do so. 

This season I’ve taken the decision to again buy a season ticket but certainly don’t advocate that everyone should do the same. Personally it suits me to have games on iFollow as I won’t be attending Ewood for some time. I’ve also bought Match passes for several away games. 

3 hours ago, superniko said:

Rovers sitting top of the xG table, with Reading mid-table. It's unsustainable for them to continue as they are (1 shot on target at home vs Wycombe). I'm expecting us to dominate possession and with Holtby playing I think we will create the chances to win this comfortably 

I do think that Reading may well struggle to last the pace, but I have never really embraced the xG table.

I dont get how you can make the quality of chances created an exact science, you definitely cant.

Doesnt it also assume that everyone has the same ruthlessness in terms of taking those chances created? In that it implies that it will level out, for example if a team outperforms its place in the xG, maybe that is just because they are clinical with the chances they have.

Seems like a bit of a nonsense stat to me unless I am missing something.

I dont get how we are top of the league for it either. I dont feel that in any game so far, even if we have been competitive that we havent got what would be expected on the balance of play.

11 minutes ago, only2garners said:

Yes, free to ST holders and you should have had a code already. If you're not a ST holder I presume you can pay £10, but it's also on the Sky red button and I believe there is a way to see it through Bet365 as well.

It seems that this season the Red Button is no longer available for Sky subscribers on the Virgin TV platform. 

Just now, Uddersfelt Blue said:

I understand that and you must somehow feel shortchanged but that was a club policy decision taking into account the unprecedented circumstances it found itself in. All season ticket holders found themselves in the same boat and maybe felt somewhat aggrieved that they had paid for something they didn’t get.

Personally I was happy with the iFollow option as an alternative and know others who felt the same. Sometimes you just can’t look at the financial angle but I understand that some may choose to do so. 

This season I’ve taken the decision to again buy a season ticket but certainly don’t advocate that everyone should do the same. Personally it suits me to have games on iFollow as I won’t be attending Ewood for some time. I’ve also bought Match passes for several away games. 

This poster for me is evidence of how Waggott fucked up not only on a moral level, but more importantly on a business level. For the sake of keeping maybe £60, on principle the club has lost a long term customer who could have provided hundreds and thousands going forward. From the fraction of fans that would have preferred a refund, how many £60 savings would it take to make up that lost business? Lots, but I suppose much of that might not be Waggotts problem.

I disagreed with the decision even though I was happy with the ifollow option personally and for my sins, have bought a pass this season. But it doesnt change my opinion that it was another in a long line of poor decisions by Waggott.

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

This poster for me is evidence of how Waggott fucked up not only on a moral level, but more importantly on a business level. For the sake of keeping maybe £60, on principle the club has lost a long term customer who could have provided hundreds and thousands going forward. From the fraction of fans that would have preferred a refund, how many £60 savings would it take to make up that lost business? Lots, but I suppose much of that might not be Waggotts problem.

I disagreed with the decision even though I was happy with the ifollow option personally and for my sins, have bought a pass this season. But it doesnt change my opinion that it was another in a long line of poor decisions by Waggott.

I sympathise and as someone who hasn’t financially lost out, it’s hard to properly judge. But the club were in a very difficult situation and made a judgement call. They would have angered people whatever they’d done. I don’t necessarily agree with the approach but equally I haven’t got a much better solution. You have to hope fans don’t take it too personally and can see the wider picture. If people choose to throw away their season tickets, fair enough. But punishing Waggott is only punishing the club.