BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers vs Reading at Virtual Ewood

2 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Have to agree. Best side I've seen for a long time.

Think apart from being quick to seize on errors at the back and one fine finish, they look like a bang average midtable side who have come to stifle as they know our weaknesses, personally. So just the goals really.

Apart from the goals its pretty much like the Cardiff and Forest games. We need to be able to start figuring these teams out pronto.

• Like 1

Our soft underbelly is showing again.

This all feels like when we had Bowyer with Gestede and Rhodes etc. 

Granted different style of play but we are going to look at this team at the end of the season and wonder why we didn't achieve anything. Before the main players all get sold on in the summer.

2 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

Goals scored and conceded are the only stats that have a bearing on where you finish in the table. Some people like to obsess over other stats but at the end of the day they are obsolete in the grand scheme of things.

It's an incredibly flawed model. If you really want to know these sort of things use your eyes instead of flawed stats. 

Again, the whole of worldwide football disagrees with you.

Just now, Paul Mani said:

Defence all poor. 3 of the worst goals conceded you’ll see. Lenihan the worst of the lot.

Reading the best team we’ve faced so far.

Lenihan gets such an easy ride. Either every defender he plays with is crap, or maybe it’s him. His in ability to pass has always been overlooked because he heads in and looks like he tries 100%, but I’m not sure about him and haven’t been for a while.

JRC and Douglas having very poor games too

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rovers11 said:

For the second week in a row we’ve lost the game after 15 minutes. Reading are a tough team to break down so this game is over. 

Comical defending. Worst performance of the season. 

I think we were worse against Forest. The utter shambles of those goals has masked what a very good outfit these are. Reading are the best team we’ve faced and we’ve literally gift wrapped them 3 goals...FFS!!!

Just now, bboy said:

Our soft underbelly is showing again.

This all feels like when we had Bowyer with Gestede and Rhodes etc. 

Granted different style of play but we are going to look at this team at the end of the season and wonder why we didn't achieve anything. Before the main players all get sold on in the summer.

If we’re not winning games consistently by December Mowbray will be gone, firmly believe that. Venky’s don’t stay this content with mediocrity for long if history shows us anything

Douglas has looked out of position on a few occasions defensively. More promising going forward. 
Lenihan seems to be lunging in for every challenge, like he’s always a few seconds behind. 
1st 25 mins were dire, probably worst of the season or at least up there with the Forest game. 

Just now, Paul Mani said:

Defence all poor. 3 of the worst goals conceded you’ll see. Lenihan the worst of the lot.

Reading the best team we’ve faced so far.

Thought you'd put a caveat in about how good Reading supposedly were.

At least this puts the Nyambe v JRC debate to bed. Or it would do with any normal manager who didn't have his favourites and the odd one he liked to scapegoat.

• Like 3

I know Reading have been clinical this season but Jesus that was a quickfire 3 goals, defence been awful. I said it on Saturday, for as much as Darragh puts himself about I’d start Ayala alongside Williams. We need an early goal in the second half or we’re done in this game. Credit to Reading. 

Just now, Wood26 said:

Lenihan gets such an easy ride. Either every defender he plays with is crap, or maybe it’s him. His in ability to pass has always been overlooked because he heads in and looks like he tries 100%, but I’m not sure about him and haven’t been for a while.

JRC and Douglas having very poor games too

Defence been very poor so far but Lenihan has been our poorest defender this season. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

Wouldn’t bat an eyelid if it’s Ayala and Williams this weekend.

Joe Rothwell for Evans when he is back, he is the missing link.

..... shuffling of deckchairs, lad

The captain (manager) is hopeless

Edited by jim mk2
  • Like 2