BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers vs Reading at Virtual Ewood

Don't be mistaken this lot (Reading) are bang average... Defensively we have been dire.. all 3 of their goals have been through faults of our own...

3-1 down at home I would like to see us absolutely bombard them for 45 mins and give them hell... Likely we will be passing it about sideways 30yards out from goal though.. 

Nyambe on for JRC poor lad way out of his depth tonight, but he's not a right back so harsh to criticize fully 

2 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

this reminds me of when sheff utd turned up a few seasons ago in their promotion season,they were far better organised,quicker,stronger and generally streets ahead of us,we are still at mid table level and hav`nt kicked on

Nail on the head, I think that was midweek evening game too. Certainly a lot stronger. 

I missed the first goal. 

But that second goal. What the actual fuck were Lenihan and Rankin Costello both doing there. It's probably the worst goal I've ever seen us conceed. You can excuse a player scuffing a pass, having a poor touch, giving the ball away. Horrendous goals to conceed. But the decision making, especially Lenihan charging into that tackle in no-mans land in the middle of the pitch is the worst peice of decision making i've ever seen from a centre back. Reportedly as he left the pitch against Watford he said to Kaminski that loss was on him. Done it again. He is the weak link and needs dropping when Ayala is back. 

He's never matured as a player. I think he'd have better positional sense if he was high. At least he wouldn't have these crazy rushes of blood to the head. Idiot

• Like 2

Weve been wowed by the nature of our wins so far but if we lose today, 4 losses from 8 would be a poor start so we need a comeback. Against the divisions worst we can sense blood and give them a good hiding. Against decent teams we cant keep them out at all. Not good enough.

Pathetic defending all round, Douglas has been appalling, Williams summed himself up tonight with his attempt for the second, Lenihan too rash and Rankin Costello blatantly not a defender. Keeper not convincing either. 

9 minutes ago, Tom said:

Imagine if Bell was putting in the performance that Douglas has, pitchforks would be launched over the stadium!

To be fair, Bell has been putting in shite performances since he joined. This is Douglas' first. Although hes been dismal.

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Thought you'd put a caveat in about how good Reading supposedly were.

At least this puts the Nyambe v JRC debate to bed. Or it would do with any normal manager who didn't have his favourites and the odd one he liked to scapegoat.

Reading are undoubtedly the best team we’ve played.

JRC has been better than Nyambe up until this game. Was in team of the week last week. Stop chatting shit mate. 

Defensively all over the place. Lenihan and JRC frequently going walkies and diving in rashly. 

Nyambe should've started this. I dont think lenihan has coped well with the tactic switch and should be dropped when Ayala is fit.

I like Trybull, Evans needs taking off at half time, put JRC there, put buckley there, put davenport there, put elliott in there I dont care I'm bored of his ponderous play

• Like 1

We have one of the best right backs in Nyambe... why is JRC starting? Terrible game so far. Evans not up to it, Williams being found out against good attackers. Unlucky on the first goal but the next two are big mistakes from JRC (Bennett jr. and Mowbrays new favourite) in the lead-up.

We're just as good as them, if not better, but we have to start finding the right balance ffs. 

Just now, ben_the_beast said:

But the decision making, especially Lenihan charging into that tackle in no-mans land in the middle of the pitch is the worst peice of decision making i've ever seen from a centre back. Reportedly as he left the pitch against Watford he said to Kaminski that loss was on him. Done it again. He is the weak link and needs dropping when Ayala is back. 

Lenihan is a converted midfield player. 

OK in League One but exposed at this level.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Paul Mani said:

Defence all poor. 3 of the worst goals conceded you’ll see. Lenihan the worst of the lot.

Reading the best team we’ve faced so far.

The first was luck but the third knocked the stuffing out of us. From this showing I'm expecting Reading to champions by February.

1 minute ago, darrenrover said:

That's maybe Joe but all the stats at half time looked brilliantly in our favour, we've had a cracking half, all bar one stat.

Confused as to your point. We’ve played badly, and the stats show it. 3 goals conceded from 3 shots on target, poor pass completion rates, poor defensive duels won % and aerial duels won %’s. Stats back up that we’ve been dreadful...

Half time, we look second to everything on the pitch.

So what should we do?

I would take off one of Trybull or Evans, drop Elliott into midfield and bring Gallagher on. I'd also swap JRC for Nyambe. Gives us more power and pace and hopefully creativity in midfield.

Defensively the basic issue is we play a very very high line, with the full backs up like wingers. On top of that neither the full backs or midfield has much recovery pace, and Lenihan is the only player who can head the ball properly. So we are very brittle.... Not starting Nyambe back in for this one does seem odd.

I can see things getting ugly second half. Next goal crucial, but get the vibe as someone else said that Reading have a few extra gears....