BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers vs Reading at Virtual Ewood

Three dreadful goals. A man with 300 league appearances turns his back on the ball heading toward his own goal is something a 7-yr-old would know not to do. The next two should be patented by us: Lenihan diving in upfield and not getting the ball, then shooter at the D not closed down.

If Armstrong could head, we’d still be in this.

• Like 2

I don't know what happened to Lenihan. He has been one of my favourite players of the past few years, but he has a string of poor performances at the back now and absolutely must be dropped.

Him and JRC both equally culpable for the 2nd and 3rd goals for me. 

You can see why Reading are hard to breakdown... the team is full of pace, so they get back in numbers very quickly.

If we got a 2nd goal before half time I think we could have turned it around, but not so sure now.

Reading look a very good unit - better than I expected.

Think we are a shambles.

Pears - unconvincing, IMO, looks like an expensive four year mistake

Nyambe - MUST come on, far better defender than RC

Lenihan - think he's gone

Douglas - flattered to deceive

Evans - IMO, sh!te, again

Trybull - not offering anything

Elliott - our one shining light

Bottom line - Mowbray, IMO, still tinkering where he shouldn't and after almost 4 years, we still have not got a defence.

Very, very disappointing so far tonight.

• Like 3

Just now, Exiled in Toronto said:

Three dreadful goals. A man with 300 league appearances turns his back on the ball heading toward his own goal is something a 7-yr-old would know not to do. The next two should be patented by us: Lenihan diving in upfield and not getting the ball, then shooter at the D not closed down.

If Armstrong could head, we’d still be in this.

JRC was the one who dived in. Lenihan was just way too far up the pitch for some reason.

5 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

I missed the first goal. 

But that second goal. What the actual fuck were Lenihan and Rankin Costello both doing there. It's probably the worst goal I've ever seen us conceed. You can excuse a player scuffing a pass, having a poor touch, giving the ball away. Horrendous goals to conceed. But the decision making, especially Lenihan charging into that tackle in no-mans land in the middle of the pitch is the worst peice of decision making i've ever seen from a centre back. Reportedly as he left the pitch against Watford he said to Kaminski that loss was on him. Done it again. He is the weak link and needs dropping when Ayala is back. 

He's never matured as a player. I think he'd have better positional sense if he was high. At least he wouldn't have these crazy rushes of blood to the head. Idiot

You absolutely do not want to see the first. 

4-2-3-1 for the second half. Gallagher as the 1, some form of Armstrong, Brereton and Elliott as the 3, Evans and JRC as the 2.... left in the changing rooms.

Douglas probay deserves to stay there too... that mistake is pathetic for the first. You don't see goals this bad in Sunday League.

Miles off them.

Just now, Miker said:

I don't know what happened to Lenihan. He has been one of my favourite players of the past few years, but he has a string of poor performances at the back now and absolutely must be dropped.

Him and JRC both equally culpable for the 2nd and 3rd goals for me. 

You can see why Reading are hard to breakdown... the team is full of pace, so they get back in numbers very quickly.

If we got a 2nd goal before half time I think we could have turned it around, but not so sure now.

I agree, they have both left each other exposed and have been way too erratic against a good attacking side when they have no one covering them. Holtbys yellow card is the work of JRC.

I'm sure Mowbray won't make any changes for a while yet.

Just now, unleaded said:

Pears has signed on a 4 year deal ! Let that sink in ... 

Don’t think he could have done any better for any of the goals. Feel for the lad having to make his debut when that half has just gone the way it has ? Kaminski be back in for Saturday hopefully anyway but I wouldn’t be to critical of Pears.

• Like 2