BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers vs Reading at Virtual Ewood

Just now, grinder said:

What I cannot cannot cannot understand is that I rememberMowbray as a tough uncompromising centre half - no nonsense no messing yet in his time here he has not engendered that into any of his defenders - its almost as if he wanted to be something else and can't accept it - totally weird....

Think from his expressions he showed tonight - hand on check shaking his head - he wants to install an attitude in players as he had but he just does not have the ability to do so. That's why we are a mid championship club.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, neophox said:

Kaminski, Ayala, Nyambe, Dack, Travis, Rothwell, Johnson and Bell all missing tonight. They would walk in to this side.

Bell? We've been screaming to get a replacement for him for months! As for Douglas, the guy was ever-present in Leeds promotipn season.

Serious questions need to be asked if he suddenly becomes a stiff.

• Like 1

4 shots on goal, 4 conceded - was similar against Watford. Why does every chance that a team has against us seem to go in? We look on top, then bam, chance, goal. Every fckin time!!!!

Lenihan has been shite this season, needs to be Ayala and Williams going forward - please dont play JRC at RB against good teams.

• Like 1

So disappointing.

Reading good value for their win, lifted their game when we pulled it back to 3-2.

Too many passes going behind players tonight.

Sorry to single two players out but Gallagher was awful when he came on and like he had at Coventry, Lenihan had spells where he couldn't get anything right.

Very afraid we are going to be looking at a mountain to climb to get into contention after the Swansea and Boro games.

• Like 3

Just now, Feed the Yak said:

JRC has a place in this side but not at right back. He played some great balls in so maybe the right side of the front three? 

Lenihan needs some time out, no doubt about it. Inept today and streaky at the best of times. 

We definitely missed Kaminski, Pears was positionally at fault for the first goal but did make a great reflex save off of Williams. 

Mowbray needs to look at sorting this defence out, quickly. We're playing the best football I've seen us play in a long time, but we look so exposed at the back it's all for nowt. 

Can't fault Pears for that goal. It was a fluke goal. He was out of position for their fourth but Williams should be covering the far post as it's always easier for the GK to save near post.

JRC and Lenihan on the right side of defense isn't good enough, and unfortunately there's no Tosin there to save us today, nor a composed seasoned veteran in Ayala. Were weakened by the two forced changes Mowbray had to make, but why he needed to watch over an hour of football before making a change, I don't know.

1 minute ago, Feed the Yak said:

JRC has a place in this side but not at right back. He played some great balls in so maybe the right side of the front three? 

Lenihan needs some time out, no doubt about it. Inept today and streaky at the best of times. 

We definitely missed Kaminski, Pears was positionally at fault for the first goal but did make a great reflex save off of Williams. 

Mowbray needs to look at sorting this defence out, quickly. We're playing the best football I've seen us play in a long time, but we look so exposed at the back it's all for nowt. 

Unfortunately he has proved over 3 1/2 years he is not capable of doing that.

He really needs to go.

• Like 4

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

We’ve also won one in four at home. Four points from fifteen available too. 

Would hope there’s a tad bit of pressure on Mowbray but I won’t get my hopes up.

im`e not getting my hopes up either,venkys know **** all about football  and waggot is his best mate,hence he is`nt going anywhere,unless he decides he wants to retire

Shit or bust this season, talk of slow build or work in progress is total folly with loan players and contracts expiring. 

Not a chance we will go up defending like that. We also need a right hard bastard on the pitch who can crack a few heads - we're just too nice.

• Like 3

It's only one game, of course, but I didnt rate Pears. Mostly I feel his positional sense is wayward. He gets drawn to the ball too easily. Absolutely caught in no man's land for the first. Looks like a major area of needed improvement for him.

His best work was in stopping us putting it in our own net. He did react well to that.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well that's was an awful night of defending from us. Lehinan at fault for at least 3 of them. Would drop him if Ayala is fit. Hopefully Kaminski is back and starting. Would bring Nyambe back in for Rankin Costello. 

Going forward we were good. Armstrong has 9 goals in 8 games. He is natural finisher and showing why he should be playing the 9 role. 

He isn’t a natural finisher at all. He misses too many. Simon Garner was a natural finisher, before your time 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, J*B said:

Game over. Buckley bullied in midfield, loses the ball, Joao scores. 

The lad hasn't got it.

Talk about PL £10million - IMO, must be same idiots who scouted / rated Gallagher.

Elliott is 17, Buckley is 21 says it all.  IMO, Buckley not even good enough for Championship.

• Like 2

Sorry chaps but Tony has run his race for me...His downfall being unable to sort the defence out. You would never think he was a no nonsense centre half. Just what we need..Two of them..

Edited by Doogs
  • Like 4