BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers vs Reading at Virtual Ewood

Just now, bluebruce said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18822509.mowbray-expected-reading-approach-rovers-return-ewood/

Pretty much the arse biscuits mate.

Tbf he didnt say they were going to come out guns blazing, but he didnt expect a particularly defensive display. I've no idea why not, as they had just played that way against the mighty Rotherham and won 3-0 so fuck knows why he thought they were going to play any differently against the dangerous free-scoring side that have ballsed up every time someone plays a defensive countering approach.

I dispair I really do. 

I went on a PNE forum on deadline day where they were discussing our transfer business, they were all p*ssed off. One poster chimed in and said "don't worry, they won't do anything with that dinosaur Mowbray in charge"

Despite my elation, deep down, I knew he was right. 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, LDRover said:

A worrying 20 minutes from Buckley at the end as well. He simply has to push on this season but again failed to impress and was overpowered easily tonight. I like the lad and feel he has talent but he needs to step up and fast. There's better players than him who have faded into obscurity.

He has never played well at Ewood for some reason, always much better on the road

16 minutes ago, Mercer said:

The lad hasn't got it.

Talk about PL £10million - IMO, must be same idiots who scouted / rated Gallagher.

Elliott is 17, Buckley is 21 says it all.  IMO, Buckley not even good enough for Championship.

Is he eck, hes bloody shite.

8 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

absolutely agree,it`s obvious nobody in the club did their research on reading,it`s a dereliction of duty,ffs you could have phoned every rovers fan in lancashire and they`de have told you how reading would play

We've spent how much on the infrastructure ?  Drones, scouts and all the rest. Tbh i don't buy Mowbray doesn't do his homework quite the opposite.  Goes a bit over board and ends up in a muddle changes things for the sake of it.

From their point of view it's simple, oh Evans is playing so he'll sit back and there'll be space in front of him to graze 50 cattle we'll attack that. And he's chucked the young lad in at RB again so we'll target that area as well.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18822509.mowbray-expected-reading-approach-rovers-return-ewood/

Pretty much the arse biscuits mate.

Tbf he didnt say they were going to come out guns blazing, but he didnt expect a particularly defensive display. I've no idea why not, as they had just played that way against the mighty Rotherham and won 3-0 so fuck knows why he thought they were going to play any differently against the dangerous free-scoring side that have ballsed up every time someone plays a defensive countering approach.

Yes and they were playing Rotherham at home too.

I think i'm right in saying in that game they scored their 2nd goal around the 80th minute, before that they had had 2 shots 1 on target(the 1st goal).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mogga said:

So he could justify gallaghers fee, and also had in mind that he couldnt take elliott off so he did what he did.

Holtbys the last player I’d have taken off. Gallagher was always going to weaken us. 

• Like 1

Much comment tonight about the defence and , how our midfield should be set up to protect that defence.....players come in, they get Mobrayed and suddenly, they can’t play. Tactically we are clueless, and this coupled with the fact we have no leaders ( maybe in name but not in deed ) is a major reason why we will make no progress under Mowbray . 
It’s like watching kids in the playground “ give it me “ ....not over sure what to do with it ....but, “ give it me “ .

Venkys have to realise that their money is getting them nowhere.....I just wish they suffered the same depression we do ...Mowbray leaves us stagnating ( or as he puts it “ slow building “ ) .....NO FUTURE 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Horrific stuff. 

Conceding 4 at home is unacceptable.

Interesting isn’t it.

It doesn’t appear to have been clocked yet by many but there is no longer such a thing as a ‘home’ game.

Referees will favour the Southern team, the traditionally bigger team, the most recently PL side and the current higher placed team. In just about that order.

Home ‘advantage’ counts for nothing. BCD has put referees in a bubble, a safe space, a corruptible position - and not even necessarily consciously. There is no longer any pressure on referees to react; crowd-management is no longer part of their remit. Recent last man red-cards-turned-to-silent-yellows are just one example.

Meanwhile Rovers under Mowbray continue to be Rovers under Mowbray. WDL and cannot do it when the weight of expectation rises even slightly above midtable mediocrity. His recruitment is about as random and luck-induced as his starting line-ups. Too many changes and now a Pear-named keeper to add to the list of pear-shaped ones that he and Benson have had so far.

The cast keeps changing but the producer, director and script-writers remain, and between them keep churning out the same tired but earthy soap opera that appeases the masses, in between cups of tea.

This season was being billed as our shot but will soon be re-branded (as fast as a Tier 4 lockdown) as a rebuilding season as the goalposts move so much you’d think they were starting a striker warm up session by the JW stand.

Too many changes mean players go from hero one week to zero a fortnight later. Williams non-tackle just about sums up how toothless we can be. Yet some players walk on water no matter how much their form ebbs and flows.

Same old.

We go again.

• Like 7

Just now, JPTSwindon said:

Plenty of frustrating tactical decisions... Gallagher is not a winger!!! Dear God, why is he still appearing on the wing.

We all agree about Gallagher being played out wide, but just as relevant is how many times he lost, or was unable to control the ball tonight. 

Every time it came to him? More or less. If we play him in the middle, he will score 3 or 4 more goals, but will break our attacks up single-handedly just as much as he did tonight. 

It. Is. Not. The. Answer. 

Having said that, BB was equally guilty of elephant-like ball control until a month ago, but we have been watching SG for 5 years. It's a long apprenticeship, and it will be a lot longer, I'm afraid. What is TM seeing to keep persevering???

• Like 3

Nyambe plays, we probably don’t score our two goals. Nyambe plays, we probably don’t concede 4. 

Pears made the goal look enormous. I’d be a bit miffed if I was the Greek lad. 

Lenihan is not himself. Douglas seems to be a walking booking and the standing cross isn’t going to work with just Arma in the middle. We saw the type of cross that fits the personnel twice from the other flank. 

Let's face reality though. At the end of that game I'm fuming. As Mowbray is right. You can't defend like we did do. We gifted the 1st, 2nd and 4th goals. The 3rd we should have been closing down far quicker. 

We played some very good stuff. We scored twice and could have had more. The individual errors have to stop. I wouldn't put that purely down to organising a defense. The players at the back today have to take some responsibility. 

Didnt understand the Holtby sub at all.

I dont think Trybull is has bad as people think. He looked fine on Saturday. Evan's playing next to.him doesnt. 

Hopefully Johnson or Rothwell will be back by Saturday. 

Front 3 were fine for me  

I would be changing the Pears, Rankin-Costello, Lenihan and Evans for Kaminski, Nyambe, Ayala and Johnson or Rothwell for the Swansea game. 

• Like 3

Pathetic.

Defensively, one of the worst performances I’ve seen at home. Shocking. Final third we look dangerous and when our high press works, it’s effective. But we’re so easily bullied. 

We’re going to have to rely on another 5-6 match winning run to get near the play offs before Christmas. 

7 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

No complaints about the result.  We were beaten by a far better side who always looked like they could go up another gear whenever they wanted.  Big, strong, powerful and well organised, Reading look a promotion challenging outfit.  Seven wins from eight games is no fluke.

Reading's first goal was unfortunate but after that we defended very poorly.  Mowbray and Venus were both very good defenders in their playing days and yet we seem unable to a defence that actually looks the part.

At the moment we look far too suspect at the back - Lenihan has been dreadful this season and tonight was embarrassing.  JRC and Douglas both look good going forward but defensively look suspect.  Up front we rely far too much on Armstrong and need others to chip in with goals.

I thought we missed Johnson in midfield tonight.  None of the three subs did anything to suggest they would improve matters and Gallagher, in particular, looks very poor at the moment.

Our home form is dire for a team with any ambitions of challenging for a top six spot.  At the moment we seem destined for a season sitting comfortably in midtable whilst keeping in touch with the top six without ever really making a serious challenge.  

As for the great debate on statistics there is only one that matters - Rovers 2 - Watford 4 - everything else is window dressing.  A bit like Kean wittering on about entries into the opposition penalty area when you've just been hammered!

For a side that looked like they could go up another gear at will they conceded a lot of chances. 

People are giving them far too much credit - on another night we win that game. Armstrong missed a sitter and we should have had a penalty. 

Unfortunately this is just Rovers under Mowbray. 

• Like 1