BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers vs Reading at Virtual Ewood

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Didnt understand the Holtby sub at all.

I dont think Trybull is has bad as people think. He looked fine on Saturday. Evan's playing next to.him doesnt. 

Hopefully Johnson or Rothwell will be back by Saturday. 

Front 3 were fine for me  

I would be changing the Pears, Rankin-Costello, Lenihan and Evans for Kaminski, Nyambe, Ayala and Johnson or Rothwell for the Swansea game. 

Basically you want to change back every change the gaffer made before this game.

There's a moral somewhere in that story.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tomphil said:

From their point of view it's simple, oh Evans is playing so he'll sit back and there'll be space in front of him to graze 50 cattle we'll attack that. And he's chucked the young lad in at RB again so we'll target that area as well.

Nail hammer, head.

Have no idea what Nyambe has done to upset Mowbray, probably won't sign a new deal and who could blame him, but not playing him whilst we've still got him is cutting off our nose to spite our face.

Also have never seen what Evans offers, doesn't get stuck in so offers little defensively, and if he gets the ball he either gives it straight back or if there's anyone nearer passes it to them instead. Complete waste of a space in the team, must be a master of convincing some people he's doing something when he's actually doing nothing like Jason Lowe before him.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, alcd said:

Evans must be the worst player I've seen in a blue and white shirt in 55 years. He offers absolutely nothing.

Not fair really. We’ve had some real bad ones over the years and I wouldn’t count Evans among them. Did you ever see Paul McKinnon? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Lenihan not in form. Pears is number 2 and played of Kaminski being injured. Evan's not a starter. JRC poor tonight

If Pears is number 2 then, IMO, the Greek lad must be utter sh1te.  Just where on earth do we find them !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, alcd said:

Pears looked like a rabbit in the headlights.His distribution in the first half was dreadful - slow telegraphed throwouts putting the recipients in immediate trouble. Does not command the area or anything really. Still Tony has done his old mate a favour....

JRC can't defend and has no pace to recover. Nyambe must be thoroughly pissed off watching that.

Douglas is no better than Bell.

Lenihan looks broken. Rubbish at both defending and distribution. 

Evans must be the worst player I've seen in a blue and white shirt in 55 years. He offers absolutely nothing.

Gallagher couldn't trap bag of cement. 

Apart form that all good.

Spot on and all completely obvious to Stan Ternent's proverbial man on a galloping horse.

If we can all see that, why can't Mowbray?

• Like 2

Just now, alcd said:

Pears looked like a rabbit in the headlights.His distribution in the first half was dreadful - slow telegraphed throwouts putting the recipients in immediate trouble. Does not command the area or anything really. Still Tony has done his old mate a favour....

JRC can't defend and has no pace to recover. Nyambe must be thoroughly pissed off watching that.

agree on jrc,he`s not a full back and his lack of pace shows him up there,he could`nt tackle a toddler either,so the position is`nt for him

a one legged douglas would still be better than bell

lenihan needs to taken out of the firing line for a few weeks

evans has always been ****,all he has ever done is bumble around with backward passes

gally is being made to look a right lemon,put him in the middle or don`t play him at all and sell him

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 47er said:

The way we are playing is like Roy Hodgson all over again.

And he managed to divide the dressing room right down the middle.

Sooner or later if you're Holtby, Armstrong, Brereton or Elliot pulling your tripe out week in week out  or Nyambe and Dolan unable to get on the pitch but watching the likes of Evans and Gallagher and the defence go through the motions every week I'd imagine you'd eventually get pretty cheesed off.

• Like 2

As deflated tonight as I was elated on Saturday.

Just fed up with, IMO, Mowbray's bullsh1t.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18826614.lacked-confidence---mowbrays-verdict-reading-defeat/

"We’re a team on a journey, the signs are there" - think it's a journey to nowhere!

“There was no intention to get him any game-time this soon, playing outside of his box is foreign to him, to be part of the build-up, and to concede a goal after eight seconds is very disappointing for him" - IMO, bullsh1t, a goalie's main job is to command his box and make feckin saves.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

Pathetic.

Defensively, one of the worst performances I’ve seen at home. Shocking. Final third we look dangerous and when our high press works, it’s effective. But we’re so easily bullied. 

We’re going to have to rely on another 5-6 match winning run to get near the play offs before Christmas. 

When was the last Rovers team that wasn't easily bullied ? Too many nice lads and not enough blokes who don't take a backward step.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, alcd said:

Here we are again. The scatter gun approach to a Rovers loss. You mention 6 players who are in your opinion useless and in the case of one of them the “worst player you’ve seen in 55 years!” Such nonsense. Congratulations to Reading tonight for a very professional performance. They deserved the 3 points tonight. They are playing well with great confidence which is so important in professional sport.

The goalkeeper change was hugely significant and probably caused the otherwise untroubled defence to be anxious especially after the early goal which was very unfortunate. Lenihan and Williams did not perform well.

Johnson was missed in midfield but credit has to go to the opposition for stifling our creative players.

Armstrong is still the leading scorer in the division and could have had a couple more! We continue to create chances within a game and I’m convinced we’ll win more games than we lose.

Im as disappointed as any fan tonight but I’m still optimistic for the season ahead.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Mercer said:

If Pears is number 2 then, IMO, the Greek lad must be utter sh1te.  Just where on earth do we find them !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Europe or Teeside - the much vaunted new scouting system, Merc . Come on keep up !!’ ??

We have a million pages going on here and actually some of the stuff we play is pretty decent and we do have some classy players .

But when all is said and done Mowbray couldn’t get a tune out of the London Philharmonic. It all rests on him and he hasn’t got a clue how to set a team up . 

• Like 3