BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers vs Reading at Virtual Ewood

2 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

As I stated when Douglas, Trybull & Pears were brought in, we need to expect some good results by Boxing Day- and I don’t mean a win, a loss, a tie, repeat, etc. We need to see 4 pts out of 6, 7 pts out of 9, etc. Right now, we’re not even close to 4 pts out of 9. 

From what i saw Douglas doesn't like defending. A proper defender would have sent that ball back where it came from, why was he turning his back on the ball?

Pears, waste of time.

Trybull doesn't fill me with much excitement,  looks limited.

Its a worry that Mowbrays buys are all last minute.  A bit like stopping at the garage on christmas eve and hoping for something useful for a present.  Its normally a load of cheap tat nobody wants.

4 hours ago, JHRover said:

I want him to make us promotion material. I couldn't care less if we are attractive to watch or as dull as dishwater. This is the Championship and we are of limited resources in it. We aren't in a position to be worried about style or entertaining people. Results are the priority.

I fully agree Nyambe should be full back. Unfortunately it seems there are issues there with Mowbray and I fully expect him to be off for nothing at the end of the season to a club where he will thrive.

I disagree that it is exciting to watch. I enjoyed the victories over Derby and Coventry as much as anyone but I get absolutely no pleasure from seeing us hammer a team one week and then follow that up with a hammering ourselves, especially when we are opened up with such ease. I would much prefer consistency in positive results and crap performances than decent performances lurching from one extreme to the other.

All successful sides are built from the back. We aren't.

The manager has already set the bar at mid table for the season with his public comments of 'challenging' for the top 6 e.g. being mid-table and in with a shout, which 6-7 other clubs will do. We 'can' be in the top six as I believe our squad is good enough to get there. I just don't think we've got the right manager, coaching or mentality to do it. You need to absolutely hate losing and develop an approach of giving nothing away. Looking at the manager and players I just don't think we have the nasty, ruthless, consistent streak to get there.

Well all to our own, I like the way he plays this season, players still getting used to it, obviously we have to tighten up, TM hasn’t set any bar for mid table mediocrity, he’s said time again he expects us to be up there and believes in the squad.

We have some very talented players and I don’t want to watch crap performances every week hoping for a 1  0 win, let’s see how it pans out this season playing a different and exciting way.

I know it’s not against the top teams but we have kept 4 clean sheets out of 8 and can score a few as well.

Been very unfortunate with injuries and coved and had to use 26 players already, let’s hope for a settled side soon and try to get the consistent streak we need, but keep playing with a high tempo.

we are far to soft and a pushover for the better teams in the division,if there was a pub brawl involving our lot they`de be hiding under tables instead of fronting it up,as iv`e stated before,there is no ambition in the squad,you can see it on the pitch,they are just content picking up their wages and thats it,no sign of devilement or drive at all,if we win great if we lose no worries,tony won`t drop me,the only time he`ll drop me is if i question his methods or team shape

• Like 2

2 hours ago, unleaded said:

Regarding Pears Mowbray says he was fast tracked for this game because he’s not up to speed on how we like to play ... Why Drop the Greek lad then who was here before Pears ... has triple more game time experience.... 

Mowbray will be long gone and we will be stuck with this lemon ... 

You’re comparing lemons and pears. :rolleyes:

• Like 3

We can't keep using injuries as an excuse or defense of the manager now he has that squad.  Aside from Dack obviously who's been out ages but we have 12 million pounds of other 'talent'.

The whole idea of him building his squad up is to have good back up in every position which he more or less has now on paper. That's what the squad is for. Out goes Nyambie in comes JRC, out goes Ayala in comes Williams, out goes Bell in comes Douglas.

They should be good enough to get results or at least not get spanked.

• Like 2

Regarding Pears Mowbray says he was fast tracked for this game because he’s not up to speed on how we like to play ... Why Drop the Greek lad then who was here before Pears ... has triple more game time experience.... 

Mowbray will be long gone and we will be stuck with this lemon ... 

more b*****s from tony,he`s a goalkeeper ffs,they only have to do one thing,keep the ball out of the net

On 27/10/2020 at 06:08, matt83 said:

After seeing those stats above Reading have zero midweek away wins in 2.5 seasons with only 2 wins from 36. At ewood reading have played 11 won 1. It’s not the top of the league and conceded one that’s worries me it’s that bit. Rovers have always had a pathological desire to end any clubs winless runs. No away wins for 2 and a half seasons who you gonna call....ROVERS. 

Spot on, Matt. Well predicted. We all should have known what the outcome was to be.

10 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

For those blaming the formation - how many goals were due to individual errors as opposed to the defence being exposed due to the system ?

How long have we been blaming " individual errors " ? For way too long in my opinion. As I said the other day he's had long enough to construct a defence that isn't capable of schoolboy errors on a regular basis. I knew not to turn my back on a long clearing kick out of defence before I was a 15 year old school boy. It's like when you're playing rugby, never let a high kick bounce. They are the rules you learn as a kid. When you're playing centre half, don't get drawn to the ball all the time. Hold your position and stay goal side of the opposition strikers.  A well organised team will have all the squad singing off the same hymn sheet. Irrespective of injuries etc the way of playing stays the same.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

Are you saying you would like to see Pears dropped?

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

How long have we been blaming " individual errors " ? For way too long in my opinion. As I said the other day he's had long enough to construct a defence that isn't capable of schoolboy errors on a regular basis. I knew not to turn my back on a long clearing kick out of defence before I was a 15 year old school boy. It's like when you're playing rugby, never let a high kick bounce. They are the rules you learn as a kid. When you're playing centre half, don't get drawn to the ball all the time. Hold your position and stay goal side of the opposition strikers.  A well organised team will have all the squad singing off the same hymn sheet. Irrespective of injuries etc the way of playing stays the same.

Exactly. How often does Burnley's defence suffer from these 'individual errors'? It just doesn't happen because their manager won't allow it.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

For those blaming the formation - how many goals were due to individual errors as opposed to the defence being exposed due to the system ?

Formation aside, if he keeps signing and picking the same players that make the errors it's his fault.

• Like 1

Just now, booth said:

Formation aside, if he keeps signing and picking the same players that make the errors it's his fault.

Exactly too many players are below par week after week but some how still play whilst others are left in the wind. JRC and Buckley are perfect examples of this I’m sure they a mowbrays love child’s. Buckley is nowhere near strong enough to be playing yet chance after chance mistake after mistake same as JRC to many mistakes diving in for tackles out of position all the time 

13 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I interpreted that not as that we should specifically aim to play crap football, just that its impossible to enjoy the football very much when the results arent good enough.

. I would much prefer consistency in positive results and crap performances than decent performances lurching from one extreme to the other.

Yep defo says prefer consistency and crap performances.

8 minutes ago, unsall said:

. I would much prefer consistency in positive results and crap performances than decent performances lurching from one extreme to the other.

Yep defo says prefer consistency and crap performances.

Again, I took that as being willing to accept "crap" performances if it meant getting consistent results. I am almost certain that no one would prefer crap football over entertaining football assuming the results are the same, and I suspect you are aware of what was meant.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, booth said:

Didn't say it wasnt his fault - just that the formation we adopted  couldn't be blamed for individual errors.

To put some balance - Ayala was unavailable, as was Bell. There was a fair amount of debate on here whether JRC or Nyambe should start - with some say how could you drop JRC (hindsight is a wonderful thing). Everyone has been clamouring for Douglas to start. I also think losing Johnson was a blow - given the addional heading ability he brings in midfield.

Also, Lenihan's form is a huge  concern - could TM have predicted such a down turn ?

Not saying I am happy with TMs approach to the defence - where IMO we needed another decent centre half bringing in - even allowing for keeping Williams.

Just read that Mowbray has stated it will take time for Pears to adjust.

FFS he’s a goalkeeper, what is there to adjust to?  Goals have always been 8yds x 8ft, penalty spot 12yds penalty area 18yds and goal area 6yds. As he has been a keeper throughout his life, what the hell does he need to adjust to?  Just asking.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, 4000Holes said:

Just read that Mowbray has stated it will take time for Pears to adjust.

FFS he’s a goalkeeper, what is there to adjust to?  Goals have always been 8yds x 8ft, penalty spot 12yds penalty area 18yds and goal area 6yds. As he has been a keeper throughout his life, what the hell does he need to adjust to?  Just asking.

For starters he is going to have to strengthen back muscles for frequent picking ball out of net (based on Tuesday).

Possibly adapting to sweeper keeper (which is part of new approach). Understanding how poor our defenders are ie don't assume Douglas will let ball come through to you - need to consider he may back heel and adjust position accordingly ? 

• Like 2