BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

FA Cup 2020/21

30 minutes ago, only2garners said:

It's obviously a bit early for Rovers but I thought it worth mentioning Chorley's "plum" tie in Round 1 away at Wigan. They must stand a chance there and maybe even TV coverage. Although I suspect that FC United v Doncaster is probably a banker there.

A shame for Fylde, loads of northern teams and they are away to Exeter

The FA's handling of this years competition has been a complete shambles. Be it on crowds, forfeits and today on prize money they have been a shambles. You get the impression that they are just making it up as they go along. It's almost like they are trying to de value the competition.

Edited by Ewood Ace

4 minutes ago, Rogerb said:

Chorley even if they loose to Wigan will get another £5657 with a change in the prize money rules previously would have got nowt. Nearly 12 months since they won a league game forgotten how to win in the league.

Couple of my old lads on loan there from PNE....they should start them. Can't do any worse

14 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

He's my man, Joe.  Was my centre forward....absolute animal he was at 15s/16s. 

Booked within ten minutes of coming on as a sub in his debut in the cup game against gateshead for roughing up the centre half!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, only2garners said:

I doubt they will get much from this - it's only on iPlayer and the BBC website with a single camera. As I thought the only one the BBC are showing on terrestrial TV is the FC United game.

Whatever they get will be a bonus. No crowds at national league north level is tough for these clubs yet you can go and watch bamber bridge if you wish up to 400 allowed on there

I see Blackpool are drawn away to Eastbourne. Now that game could be classed as the Notarianni Ice Cream Derby.

We always eat Notarianni's ices in Waterloo Rd., Blackpool. They are delicious. When we visited Eastbourne for the one and only time in our lives we found a Notarianni's.

The family came over from Italy in the late 1920s. One set up his ice cream business in Blackpool and the other in Eastbourne. Both businesses still going strong.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, bazza said:

I see Blackpool are drawn away to Eastbourne. Now that game could be classed as the Notarianni Ice Cream Derby.

We always eat Notarianni's ices in Waterloo Rd., Blackpool. They are delicious. When we visited Eastbourne for the one and only time in our lives we found a Notarianni's.

The family came over from Italy in the late 1920s. One set up his ice cream business in Blackpool and the other in Eastbourne. Both businesses still going strong.

That’s a blast from the past. As a young lad I would go on the train to Blackpool  for the day with my mum and dad and cousin. We always found time to visit Notarianni’s and have some sort of ice cream sundae, usually a Knickerbocker Glory. I had no idea they had a parlour in Eastbourne too. Thanks for stirring up some bygone memories.

Edited by Riversider28
  • Like 1

On 29/10/2020 at 19:52, bazza said:

Great bit of trivia that!

12 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Any of the owd timers on here remember Boggiano ice cream?

Was my Great Grandmas family, they came over from Genoa around 1900.

That was the horse and cart vendor wasn't it?  Remember it well from the late fifties/early sixties around the Daisyfield area.

Nine of next weekend's ties feature clubs from non elite leagues. Will these fixtures happen?

In tier 3 bamber bridge could play in front of 400 supporters. Now can they play at all as they are classed as non elite?

Edited by Rogerb
Spelling

Just now, Rogerb said:

Nine of next weekend's ties feature clubs from non elite leagues. Will these fixtures happen?

In tier 3 bamber bridge could play in front of 400 supporters. Now can they play at all as they are classed as non elite?

I expect the argument will be that the FA Cup is an ‘elite’ competition.

The alternative would be to scrap and non-elite only fixtures and introduce byes for all other fixtures where an elite team would face them.

That of scrap the competition.

I say they’ll go ahead but BCD, forcing clubs who can’t afford it to forfeit.