BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

FA Cup 2020/21

20 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

What's the annual profit/loss for a club like Chorley in a normal season?

No idea but on an average gate of 1,000 at average price of £13 they'd get £299,000 a season on 23 games, so a third of that to come from a 3rd round defeat is good news

• Like 1

15 hours ago, only2garners said:

That's defeatist talk Ozz. I would wager that Peterborough at the top of Div 1 are a better team than Derby at the bottom of the Championship.

Not making any predictions but Chorley certainly have a realistic chance of winning this cup tie.

• 5 weeks later...
On 30/11/2020 at 13:53, renrag said:

Dingles v MK Dons brings back memories of when non league Wimbledon left Turf Moor with a victory. Can their successors give a repeat performance?

What a great day that was.  Non league Wimbledon beat First Division Burnley at the dome.  Never saw such long faces in the pubs round Accy that night.  Was fun.

• Like 2

Richard Guy the Wimbledon goalkeeper who produced heroics that day.

I met him cleaning his car in the Constituency I was fighting a few years later. I shook him warmly by the hand and told him I didn't mind in the least that he was a lifelong Tory... 

Edited by philipl
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, philipl said:

Richard Guy the Wimbledon goalkeeper who produced heroics that day.

I met him cleaning his car in the Constituency I was fighting a few years later. I shook him warmly by the hand and told him I didn't mind in the least that he was a lifelong Tory... 

Dickie Guy, heroics against Leeds in the next round too.  Damn the cup was great then wasn't it?  Hereford turning Newcastle over.  Special days them.  

Edited by USABlue
  • Like 1