BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

FA Cup 2020/21

2 hours ago, bazza said:

I think they are one division below Bamber Bridge. "T'Brig" are in the premier division of the northern premier league and Marine are in the division one north west of the northern premier league. By my calculations it is tier 8.

Getting to the 3rd round of the FA Cup is some achievement. I wonder if it's the first time a team has reached the 3rd round from such a lowly position.

Marine became only the second club from the eighth tier of English football to progress to the third round, after Chasetown in 2007/08

• Like 1

• Backroom

Wonder if ground swapping would be allowed?

Lets say Chorley were to draw Liverpool at home, no fans could attend as it stands but a swap to Anfield would allow for at least some to be in attendance but I suppose at the moment that would only be home fans?

Sad that so much can be taken away from it but that’s what we are working with 

I only know reference to Marine because Sam Barnes was on loan there not long back so kept an eye out for their scores 

Edited by Tom

Just now, Aqualung said:

Chorley v Derby County 

Marine v Spurs 

Chorley have to fancy this.

Spurs will be wondering where they are going...

All four non-league sides are at home; Stockport entertain West Ham.

Morecambe are at Chelsea

Edited by philipl

Just now, bluebruce said:

Tedious draw. Not because of the level they're at, the lower the better, but because it's the exact same fucking draw we got for the other cup!

I suppose you would have preferred Man City away

Just now, philipl said:

I will take a repeat scoreline now!

Certainly. But no guarantees lol. They'll have their best player in this time I expect, and we will just be coming out of a torturous December schedule. And the third round is usually the only time you get the chance to play against a much lower level side.

I always want a League Two or even non-league side so some of the fringe and youth players can get a run out and so we have the best chance of progression. Always the risk of being embarrassed though of course...but that applies against League One too.

Just now, philipl said:

Chorley have to fancy this.

Spurs will be wondering where they are going...

All four non-league sides are at home; Stockport entertain West Ham.

Morecambe are at Chelsea

Loved my visits to Victory Park as much as my missus loved her visits to the old 'flat iron' market there.  Great little place Chorley.