BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

FA Cup 2020/21

7 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Marine did well yesterday beating Colchester. I'm trying to think who the former Aston Villa centre-half was who went on to manager Marine about 10-15 years ago?

The only thing I remember about Marine is that when I went there in the mid 70s with Darwen, the guy who was their manager at that time was there for decades and didn’t retire until about 2005. I think it was some sort of longevity record but can’t be arsed to check.

Just now, oldjamfan1 said:

The only thing I remember about Marine is that when I went there in the mid 70s with Darwen, the guy who was their manager at that time was there for decades and didn’t retire until about 2005. I think it was some sort of longevity record but can’t be arsed to check.

To save you checking Andy it was Roly Howard who was quite a character. His day job was a window cleaner and when Marine progressed in the FA Cup pretty much all forms of media referred to it.

• Like 1

Just now, oldjamfan1 said:

I remember Shaun at Burscough and Chorley but not Marine Tony. Think he might come from that neck of the woods though?

I knew it was one of the Liverpool based teams Andy. He also played for Tranmere under Johnny King and later John Aldridge.

• Like 1

Just now, Admiral Nelsen said:

Delighted for Chorley, just a shame that probably the biggest result in their history was behind closed doors. 

Would love for them to sneak through the next round and draw another one of their more prestigious Lancashire neighbours. Or failing that, PNE.

Ha ha nice one. I was at Burnden Park in the 80s when they dicked Wolves 3-0, which is possibly the biggest result in Chorley’s history. Great win today though well done to the Magpies.