BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Swansea City away

2 minutes ago, Ruaney said:

I think you missed the last sentence of my post. I would play the greek lad over Pears, Mowbray will not. 

Ah ok. When you said “I would go with” I thought you meant you not Mowbray.

But yes, I did miss the disclaimer.

• Like 1

I would ditch the 4-3-3 also and play 

Anyone 

nyambe.    Lenihan.   Williams.   Douglas

Davenport.   Holtby

Dolan.              Elliott.                Brereton

Armstrong           

This is assuming rothwell isn’t featuring

Edited by Oldgregg86

4 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Ah ok. When you said “I would go with” I thought you meant you not Mowbray.

But yes, I did miss the disclaimer.

Sorry yeah, that wasn't very clear. It was what I would go with but knowing that there is no chance in hell he would drop Pears!

Its a bit early to write Pears off ain't it? Alright he let 4 goals in but they most certainly weren't all his fault. Of course I'd much rather Kaminski start but it is what it is.

I'm more concerned that so early in his Ewood career Ayala is already missing games through injury. Is it bad luck or have we signed a crock certain people warned us about?

Not expecting much on Saturday which the way this season is going means we will win convincingly. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

If Nyambe doesn’t start I’ll be thoroughly pissed off. Having said that I fully expect the same back 4 and keeper we saw perform so miserably on Tuesday to start.

Nah, Nyambe is a shoo in. Definitely will start after JRCs defensive horror show.

Edited by joey_big_nose

Can't see anything here i think we are there for the taking at the back unless we go and completely try and shut up shop. The keeper situation perhaps isn't really as rosy as it looked on first glance a few weeks ago.

TM said he'd no intention yet to throw Pears in so basically he's saying we have no NO 2 !!!

Swans  3    Rovers   2

Swansea will certainly get the ball down and play and more often than not play three at the back going forward which becomes a five when defending. I honestly can't begin to guess who Mowbray will select or what tactics he will use. I really think we have to play high up the pitch and condense play to stop Swansea from playing through midfield. However I expect Mowbray to typically over think and over complicate.

• Like 1

I would keep the 4-3-3 as I believe its the way we should be playing with our current squad and suited them

Very disappointed to hear that Kaminsko, Ayala and Rothwell wont be available

my team 

Pears

Nyambe Lenihan Williams Douglas

JRC  Trybull Holtby

Elliott  Armstrong Brereton

I will go for 2-1 Rovers win with Armstrong scoring

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would keep the 4-3-3 as I believe its the way we should be playing with our current squad and suited them

my team 

Pears

JRC  Trybull Holtby

Did you see Del's tackle/faint on tuesday.? What does Wharton  need to do just to get a go.? This is the worst kind of game for Del....tricky footballers with quality...penalty looming. Not to mention mr neanderthal his partner.

4-1 Swansea 

Edited by Sparks Rover

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

my team 

Pears

JRC  Trybull Holtby

Im not necessarily saying that we should abandon it right now but when does the point come when we have to compromise and not play so expansively when we dont have the players to do it against anyone half decent? Essentially just leaves the sitter and the 2 centre backs to fend for themselves. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

That's just the thing Chaddy it doesn't suit us. We've played it practically every game since the return from lockdown and the results have not been good enough. We have 20 points from 17 games, over a season that sort of return would see you much closer to relegation than promotion.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Im not necessarily saying that we should abandon it right now but when does the point come when we have to compromise and not play so expansively when we dont have the players to do it against anyone half decent? Essentially just leaves the sitter and the 2 centre backs to fend for themselves. 

We do have the players to do against teams who are top end of the league and playing well, creating chances against them like Reading and Watford. We lost to Reading cos a mistake by Douglas, Lenihan going missing at times leaving a huge gap in our defence

I wouldn't be compromise as it suits our players so why change? 

20 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

That's just the thing Chaddy it doesn't suit us. We've played it practically every game since the return from lockdown and the results have not been good enough. We have 20 points from 17 games, over a season that sort of return would see you much closer to relegation than promotion.

We are playing 4-3-3 formation very different from last season so I don't count last season results. Holtby playing deeper, Armstrong in the 9 role scoring 9 goals in 8 league games, Brereton performing from the left of their 3 man front line

49 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

my team 

Pears

JRC  Trybull Holtby

I'd give that formation and team a shot too. I really hope Evans doesn't feature in the squad at all.

Welcome back chaddy btw, I presume it's really you.

Edited by darrenrover
  • Like 1

Not as optimistic as I was heading into the Reading match as I have always anticipated Swansea City to do well this season, so I am expecting another nervy encounter.  Like we all now, scoring is no problem, but I fear what can happened when faced against a talent and skillful team such as Swansea.  I'd take a draw.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We do have the players to do against teams who are top end of the league and playing well, creating chances against them like Reading and Watford. We lost to Reading cos a mistake by Douglas, Lenihan going missing at times leaving a huge gap in our defence

I wouldn't be compromise as it suits our players so why change? 

We are playing 4-3-3 formation very different from last season so I don't count last season results. Holtby playing deeper, Armstrong in the 9 role scoring 9 goals in 8 league games, Brereton performing from the left of their 3 man front line

Because it clearly doesnt hence the poor start in terms of results, or at least it hasnt done to date.

I think its all about perception. If a manager isnt getting adequate results but hes trying to attack, people tend to give them more patience because they think it seems like its about to all fall into place. Im not convinced it will, not without some serious tweaks.

We need to compromise because everytime we have played a decent team we have come up short especially in terms of vulnerability to counter attacks. A lot of the time we only have the 2 centre backs and the holding midfielder against counter attacks. I would consider switching the midfield back to 4231, that way we have 2 holding midfielders in case of a counter attack. We can still press with the 4 attacking players but we can have more confidence in the lesser risk of being open on the break. The positioning of the full backs also needs to adjust, having them both as wingers leaves us open, if one goes forward the other should stay at home.

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Because it clearly doesnt hence the poor start in terms of results, or at least it hasnt done to date.

I think its all about perception. If a manager isnt getting adequate results but hes trying to attack, people tend to give them more patience because they think it seems like its about to all fall into place. Im not convinced it will, not without some serious tweaks.

We need to compromise because everytime we have played a decent team we have come up short especially in terms of vulnerability to counter attacks. A lot of the time we only have the 2 centre backs and the holding midfielder against counter attacks. I would consider switching the midfield back to 4231, that way we have 2 holding midfielders in case of a counter attack. We can still press with the 4 attacking players but we can have more confidence in the lesser risk of being open on the break. The positioning of the full backs also needs to adjust, having them both as wingers leaves us open, if one goes forward the other should stay at home.

We have played poorly in 2 games out of 8 games. Thats it. deserve at points at Bournemouth and Watford. 

I guess it comes back to the type of football you want your team play and how you believe the game should be played now. 

Mowbray has build this squad to play a certain way now. So I am happy to allow him the season to prove it. 

We are scoring goals and creating plenty of chances apart from 2 games. 

I disagree on having to compromise the system. How about we give it some proper time to allow everyone to get used to playing it. Rome wasn't build in a day as the saying goes. It been 8 games only. When looking to bring in such a different way of playing and structure. Playing 4-3-3 as bought the best out Armstrong who scoring record of 9 goals in 8 games has been so benefiting good for him. 

The 4-3-3 worked perfectly for Leeds and WBA last season. 

• Like 1