BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Swansea City away

57 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We have played poorly in 2 games out of 8 games. Thats it. deserve at points at Bournemouth and Watford. 

I guess it comes back to the type of football you want your team play and how you believe the game should be played now. 

Mowbray has build this squad to play a certain way now. So I am happy to allow him the season to prove it. 

We are scoring goals and creating plenty of chances apart from 2 games. 

I disagree on having to compromise the system. How about we give it some proper time to allow everyone to get used to playing it. Rome wasn't build in a day as the saying goes. It been 8 games only. When looking to bring in such a different way of playing and structure. Playing 4-3-3 as bought the best out Armstrong who scoring record of 9 goals in 8 games has been so benefiting good for him. 

The 4-3-3 worked perfectly for Leeds and WBA last season. 

Chaddy I have enjoyed some of our football this season but it's evident when we have come up against the better sides our full backs playing so far up the pitch is leaving us exposed.

If he wants to play them so far forward then Nyambe should be playing always against the better sides, playing such a way the full backs need to have the pace to recover and get back.I think Douglas is a good player but he doesn't have any pace ,and his best season In the championship came when playing wing back but Wolves had 3 centre halves capable of covering when Douglas was caught up the field.Jrc isn't quick either

We have good attacking players and should have enough in the front 6 to create sufficient chances without the full backs having to be so far forward,  I'm not saying the manager should completely drop this system but it certainly needs tweaking against the better teams.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Chaddy I have enjoyed some of our football this season but it's evident when we have come up against the better sides our full backs playing so far up the pitch is leaving us exposed.

If he wants to play them so far forward then Nyambe should be playing always against the better sides, playing such a way the full backs need to have the pace to recover and get back.I think Douglas is a good player but he doesn't have any pace ,and his best season In the championship came when playing wing back but Wolves had 3 centre halves capable of covering when Douglas was caught up the field.Jrc isn't quick either

We have good attacking players and should have enough in the front 6 to create sufficient chances without the full backs having to be so far forward,  I'm not saying the manager should completely drop this system but it certainly needs tweaking against the better teams.

But that can be tweak Round as now as the games goes on. 

I know Douglas played as left wing back for Wolves in 3-4-3 system. 

I enjoying this way and I want to.see us dominating the ball and play football creating chances. 

So you want to switch to 4-2-3-1 formation? 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

But that can be tweak Round as now as the games goes on. 

I know Douglas played as left wing back for Wolves in 3-4-3 system. 

I enjoying this way and I want to.see us dominating the ball and play football creating chances. 

So you want to switch to 4-2-3-1 formation? 

Well id see how things work without pushing the full backs so far forward and I'd play Nyambe against the better quality teams with the better quality player.

But 4-2-3-1 isn't bad either , plenty of teams play attractive football with that formation

3 hours ago, islander200 said:

This is exactly what I thought in terms of our performance and setup against Reading. I think we should stick with the 4-3-3 setup for most games, but I don't see a reason why we can't change it around for some games given the versatility and depth we have in our squad now. Given Reading are in top form and top of the league, it would have been the perfect time to actually respect the opponent and setup in a way to nullify their strengths.

I don't see why we couldn't have gone with a 3-4-1-2 (for example), bringing Nyambe in as a 3rd CB instead of Evans in midfield, and had Douglas and JRC as the wingbacks.

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would keep the 4-3-3 as I believe its the way we should be playing with our current squad and suited them

Very disappointed to hear that Kaminsko, Ayala and Rothwell wont be available

my team 

Pears

Nyambe Lenihan Williams Douglas

JRC  Trybull Holtby

Elliott  Armstrong Brereton

I will go for 2-1 Rovers win with Armstrong scoring

Bang on. 

• Like 1

I think when your lynch pin centre half is so badly out of form it is no wonder we are conceding goals. Its a similar situation which Manc Scum have faced with Maguire. The lack of pace across the defence and midfield on Tuesday night was clear to all to see. The 2nd goal for Reading proved both points. We could not cover the intial Lenihan's mistake. the lunge by Williams had nothing to do with it because the forward was clear. if he had made no attempt he'd have been accused of giving up and letting the player go.

I think a 5-3-2 might be a solution if we had a target man forward who could hold the ball up but as we haven't Id go with 5-4-1

Rankin-Costello/Nyambe/Lenihan/Willaims/Douglas

Elliott/Trybull/Holtby/Dolan

Armstrong

Can't go there with the same 4-3-3 suicidal approach we took against Reading. 

I doubt we will change much though, so difficult to look past another pasting, no matter how many goals Swansea are scoring. 

Another 4-2 defeat seems the most likely. With 2 of Swansea's goals coming in the first 15mins.

No Rothwell, Kaminski or Johnson isn't good news and Lenihan is getting unbelievably lucky that Ayala continues to be injured.

Pears

Nyambe  Lenihan Williams Douglas 

JRC          Trybull      Holtby

Elliott      Armstrong  Brereton 

The weather tomorrow might be a significant factor - driving rain and 50-60mph gusts of wind across that part of the country is forecast. Not ideal conditions for a controlled approach to a game of football.

TM to remain immobile and impassive on the touchline, oblivious to the chaotic conditions (on and off the pitch)

giphy.gif

• Like 1

12 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Too much can be made of the formation, even within a 433 both full backs dont have to play so high.

People often mention a midfield with Holtby and Rothwell in it, it doesnt leave much defensive protection.

Ultimately all a 4231 does is flip the midfield around.

Agreed. It's not as if it plays as a 4-3-3 in game anyway. The way we play is basically a 2-5-3. Wish we didn't bombard the full-backs so high like we do, leaves us incredibly open.

19 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Interesting that in that DG interview that was posted recently he said that Mowbray and Venus were complete opposites with their approach to the game. I've heard it said before too. So who is the purist who is pushing this new all-out attack and who is the more pragmatic of the two?

You'd hope this would be a positive thing? Any good team whether in football or other walks of life - require difference of opinion. 

42 minutes ago, Clitheroe said:

You'd hope this would be a positive thing? Any good team whether in football or other walks of life - require difference of opinion. 

And usually, what happens is that you end up meeting somewhere in the middle!

Clearly this doesn't happen with us as it seems to be one or the other.

Compromise guys, compromise?

• Like 2

I know this is a tenuous link to the match day thread but I’m curious as to the practicalities of actually fulfilling tomorrow’s fixture.

With Wales in total lockdown does the Rovers squad have to fly down on the Saturday morning or are they allowed to stay in a hotel overnight? If indeed there are any hotels open?

I suppose if the former then that might impact on performance. I’m not trying to get an excuse in early for a poor performance; just curious.

As for the score 1-1 for me.

11 minutes ago, tonygreenbank said:

I know this is a tenuous link to the match day thread but I’m curious as to the practicalities of actually fulfilling tomorrow’s fixture.

With Wales in total lockdown does the Rovers squad have to fly down on the Saturday morning or are they allowed to stay in a hotel overnight? If indeed there are any hotels open?

I suppose if the former then that might impact on performance. I’m not trying to get an excuse in early for a poor performance; just curious.

As for the score 1-1 for me.

Work is exempt from that aspect of the lockdown as far as I know. My job certainly is. There are supposed to be hotels open for workers.

• Like 1