BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Swansea City away

Just now, Mercer said:

Winterburn was a decent defender and became 'a defensive coach' and, IMO, was hopeless at it.

You need the right mindset.  Howard Kendall had it, Mark Hughes had it, Big Sam had it.

Do we know what happened to Hughes?

He was sensational for us and Wales, then he turned into an awful manager. 

1 hour ago, WIR Second Coming said:

Rovers: Pears, Nyambe, Lenihan (c), Williams, Rankin-Costello, Trybull, Evans, Holtby, Elliott, Armstrong, Brereton.

Substitutes: Stergiakis, Gallagher, Chapman, Davenport, Buckley, Wharton, Dolan.

I think I might paint some architrave this afternoon, after all.

If you do, can I watch the paint dry?

• Like 4

This is awful.

Mulling over what to do next.

Stick with it and open another bottle of red or go to the local for an early tea as we'll all be living like monks next week.

Just stuck a tenner on Swansea to win 4-1 at 70/1.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 5

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Evans a bloody liability

Tbh, both Evans and Lenihan looks like they are running on their heels. Looks like they're stomping, and not at all light on the feet. Someone should look at their running technique

Probably the worst I’ve seen us play to be honest. All season we’ve at least looked lively on the ball. Terrible in all departments. 

Has to be a big half here. We are on a shocking spell. So disappointing. The let downs are all too common as a Rovers fan these days. Think we’ve been on the same rollercoaster for a few years now. 

4 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Do we know what happened to Hughes?

He was sensational for us and Wales, then he turned into an awful manager. 

I don't he can be called an awful manager in the same breath as linking him back here, given the truly awful ones we've mostly had.

Fact is he was just the right fit at the right time. Like Souness was before him before his shelf life expired.

Mowbray has been similar but more in an off pitch way than on it. We are now where we were again when we got Souness in and Hughes and Sam.

Change desperately needed to drive it forward rather than just fight fires.

I'd give Hughes another go tomorrow.

• Like 2

Lenihan is to blame for so many of the goals that we concede. It's actually unbelievable how many goals his crap defending has cost us. I'm not basing this on the Reading game or today, this has been going on for the last 3 seasons. Is it any wonder we concede so many soft goals with him thought of as our 'best' defender. He is never a centre back for me and it's infuriating to see the same crap every game. 

• Like 1