BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Swansea City away

14 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Still can’t see what the fuss with JRC . He’s as average as they come

You mean a young right footed, attacking midfield player who's more than ably filled in at right back, then being asked to play left back?

FFS Oldgregg, I thought more of you than to come out with that ludicrous comment.

He'll be in fucking goal next, let's see how he does playing there.

It's Mowbray's fault, he's so easy to outthink as an opposition manager. Lenihan's a centre half who can't do the basics as a centre half, why not give him some Jip?

Apologies but I'm really angry at having to watch yet again what was so bloody predictable that we'd be picked off easily.

Shut the backdoor and build from the fucking back!!! (On Deaf ears to both ToMo and his bloody paymasters)

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Re writing history again

Back Mowbray after 10 games in league when fans wanting him out. He delivered promotion..

Wanted Armstrong to move upfront and into the 9 role. 9 goals in 10 games

So let me get this right.

You were "correct" because you backed Mowbray getting us out of League 1 with the biggest budget in the league.

You were "correct" because you said player who scored goals, scored some goals.

You really are a modern day prophet.

Chaddysputin.

Edited by booth
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Tormund said:

Let’s face it Mowbray is never going to play players in the right positions. What do you think it’ll take for him to go? 

End of season, next season, does anyone at the club care? Seems a bit cosy to me for management and players.

Just now, Stuart said:

Please tell me what he did. I don’t even recall hearing his name!

Just because the commentators are talking about other players doesn't mean he's not contributing.. It's true Elliot didn't make much impact (neither did the rest of the team), but you could see he was the only few players who are trying to get on the ball and create something and get back to the game. I don't think it's fair to say Dolan stood out more.

Just now, OldEwoodBlue said:

Wont matter how shite we are.

We won't need to debate "give him until Xmas" (again).

Season will be cancelled before Xmas and Tony will be able to sort out the defence in pre season July 2021.

It will be if the players all keep shaking hands at the end of the game on camera. Are we all living through the same pandemic or was I watching a stream from a parallel universe?

Just now, yellowsubmarine said:

Just because the commentators are talking about other players doesn't mean he's not contributing.. It's true Elliot didn't make much impact (neither did the rest of the team), but you could see he was the only few players who are trying to get on the ball and create something and get back to the game. I don't think it's fair to say Dolan stood out more.

Commentators describe what’s happening on the pitch. If he isn’t being mentioned it means he isn’t involved. Just because he is rated at Liverpool doesn’t mean he can’t have football coached out of him by the current coaching set up.

3 minutes ago, booth said:

End of season, next season, does anyone at the club care? Seems a bit cosy to me for management and players.

True, doesn’t seem to be any pressure on him or the players. Feels like who makes the call or is anybody bothered about how he’s doing?

A few thoughts. 

1) how many goals have been cost by poor keepers during TMs reign? Leuts, Walton and now Pearson - we have picked some.corkers in goal. Our problems start here and whether first or second choice we have had issues. 

2) Lenihen is having a mare of a season. But this is the same guy who looked so solid last year. What's the difference? Why the change? Tbh I think a different partner and formation are not helping Lenihen at all.

3) in a somilar vein whilst it suits our attacking personal  more, the overall effect of the new formation is the costs outweigh the benefits. We are hemoraging goals. For all the exciting football the costs seem to outweigh the benefits. 

4) Why is Evans still here? Gally too for that matter. 

5) Assuming this squad is the strongest we have had, and arguably it is, then what does it say that we have the same problems and same inconsistent form? Speaks volumes about the manager Somethingng else needs to change - namely the manager and upper management too. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Commentators describe what’s happening on the pitch. If he isn’t being mentioned it means he isn’t involved. Just because he is rated at Liverpool doesn’t mean he can’t have football coached out of him by the current coaching set up.

Wouldn’t take much notice from our commentators, don’t know their arses from their elbows 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, SoldierMo said:

His pre match interview...had lost the game in his head even before we started

This. You can see it in his body language - he's seeing the players who are out because of Covid as something that'll mean we won't win. It's all 'woe is me' and it must filter down to the players. Combine that with playing players out of their actual fucking positions and trying to out think opposition managers and this situation is inevitable. 

We'll go on a mini run at some point and may even get within touching distance of the play offs, but it'll all collapse again. 

Bang average manager for appalling owners. The only people that lose are us poor fuckers hoping and preying we get back where we belong. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tormund said:

True, doesn’t seem to be any pressure on him or the players. Feels like who makes the call or is anybody bothered about how he’s doing?

14th in the league, I don't think form and how we look on the pitch is taken into account. They just see 14 and think that's okay, pplenty of time to improve.

It’s hard to get excited on game day anymore. I was thrilled about Elliott coming in, but that excitement is over now. Not enough healthy players, nobody seems to be put in their respective positions (due to injury, or whim). Excuses wore out a long time ago. Other clubs are playing; it just seems Rovers are interested in lame excuses before our guys even take the pitch. 

I expect before very long to hear we’ve sold Armstrong. What’s the point in it, owners recoup their losses, the product on the field gets worse. 

1 minute ago, Blue blood said:

A few thoughts. 

1) how many goals have been cost by poor keepers during TMs reign? Leuts, Walton and now Pearson - we have picked some.corkers in goal. Our problems start here and whether first or second choice we have had issues. 

2) Lenihen is having a mare of a season. But this is the same guy who looked so solid last year. What's the difference? Why the change? Tbh I think a different partner and formation are not helping Lenihen at all.

3) in a somilar vein whilst it suits our attacking personal  more, the overall effect of the new formation is the costs outweigh the benefits. We are hemoraging goals. For all the exciting football the costs seem to outweigh the benefits. 

4) Why is Evans still here? Gally too for that matter. 

5) Assuming this squad is the strongest we have had, and arguably it is, then what does it say that we have the same problems and same inconsistent form? Speaks volumes about the manager Somethingng else needs to change - namely the manager and upper management too. 

The problem is TM is the upper management, the other 2 work for him, it's the Venky's way, and they will never change.

15 minutes ago, SoldierMo said:

His pre match interview...had lost the game in his head even before we started

My thoughts exactly. A really poor interview and the negativity and self pity filtered through to the players. Set up to fail. We are really lacking a ruthless side and the results are becoming worryingly inevitable. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, West Yorks Rover said:

The problem is TM is the upper management, the other 2 work for him, it's the Venky's way, and they will never change.

Agree. Which is why it needs to change. Then TM might actually be put under the spotlight  for a change. 

Edited by Blue blood
  • Like 1