BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Swansea City away

21 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

You mean a young right footed, attacking midfield player who's more than ably filled in at right back, then being asked to play left back?

FFS Oldgregg, I thought more of you than to come out with that ludicrous comment.

He'll be in fucking goal next, let's see how he does playing there.

It's Mowbray's fault, he's so easy to outthink as an opposition manager. Lenihan's a centre half who can't do the basics as a centre half, why not give him some Jip?

Apologies but I'm really angry at having to watch yet again what was so bloody predictable that we'd be picked off easily.

Shut the backdoor and build from the fucking back!!! (On Deaf ears to both ToMo and his bloody paymasters)

Of course it’s Mowbray fault. He’s done well to fill in , in a position he has been asked to play . People where talking him up like he’s the next coming and premier league material. He has been distinctly average whenever he’s played and I see nothing that will stand him above the rest of our mediocre, average players. Make no mistake I’m not digging him out for today at all. He was exactly the same as every single player on our team today

average

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

Middlesbrough with a proper manager in place are now in the playoff places,if only we'd have got Warnock when we had a chance.

We had another chance earlier this year when he was unemployed and ready to work.

But we are on a 'journey'.

Warnock doing a proper job making Middlesbrough hard to beat and play off contenders. Mowbray going round in circles. He should manage the u23s so he can spend all day worrying about possession and passes and not results.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gamst said:

My thoughts exactly. A really poor interview and the negativity and self pity filtered through to the players. Set up to fail. We are really lacking a ruthless side and the results are becoming worryingly inevitable. 

I think we'll have a tougher game on Tuesday.

• Like 1

I cant blame TM right now. It is beyond absurd what is happening to our squad with injuries and covid. People will say well every club is facing the same challenges, but then what sport are we playing? Pick from the scraps left from the bones? Virus tombola every week? It doesnt feel like a sport anymore.

31 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Re writing history again

Back Mowbray after 10 games in league when fans wanting him out. He delivered promotion..

Wanted Armstrong to move upfront and into the 9 role. 9 goals in 10 games

Promotion was 2.5 years ago. Absolutely irrelevant to the situation now. Just how long does he get a free Pass on events that happened an eternity ago in football? 

10 years from now some will still be going on about 2018. He did a good job. He was congratulated, got a bonus.and a new contract and has had 2.5 years of Championship management going around in circles. 

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 3

Just now, Mr. E said:

I cant blame TM right now. It is beyond absurd what is happening to our squad with injuries and covid. People will say well every club is facing the same challenges, but then what sport are we playing? Pick from the scraps left from the bones? Virus tombola every week? It doesnt feel like a sport anymore.

It's the way we were playing that's wrong, and his continuing belief that putting Gallagher on the wing with 20 mins to go will have a positive effect on the team.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mr. E said:

He's incapable of adapting to the situation. Teams missing key players should grind out results and keep it tight. 

Plus all the issues on display today are the same as we've had for months before Covid took players away.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Blue blood said:

A few thoughts. 

1) how many goals have been cost by poor keepers during TMs reign? Leuts, Walton and now Pearson - we have picked some.corkers in goal. Our problems start here and whether first or second choice we have had issues. 

Not this season, I'd suggest. More down to poor defending as a team, 2 defensive mids inconspicuous on the edge of our box at critical times and the absence of Tosin and Graham's hight defending cross balls and set pieces. I would add that we NEVER attack cross field balls at either end and haven't done for years. What happened to forwards "gambling'?

2) Lenihen is having a mare of a season. But this is the same guy who looked so solid last year. What's the difference? Why the change? Tbh I think a different partner and formation are not helping Lenihen at all. Lenihan is struggling but as a centre half you can't blame others for him failing to aggressively challenge for headers from cross field balls or for poor decision making and a lack of concentration. Defensively we have suffered from our missing midfielders marauding and picking things up on the edge of our own box.

3) in a somilar vein whilst it suits our attacking personal  more, the overall effect of the new formation is the costs outweigh the benefits. We are hemoraging goals. For all the exciting football the costs seem to outweigh the benefitsI think you have a point but if we'd played in a disciplined way as a team unit, I don't think we've been to gung ho in terms of attacking at the detriment of defence. Today perhaps JRC was caught too far forward on occasions but we lost fundamentally because our centre halves can't defend.

4) Why is Evans still here? Gally too for that matter. Fuck knows on either count. I'd never have signed Gally in the first place and I'd rather we played with 10 than include Evans because the only difference is Evans could concede a penalty.

5) Assuming this squad is the strongest we have had, and arguably it is, then what does it say that we have the same problems and same inconsistent form? Speaks volumes about the manager Somethingng else needs to change - namely the manager and upper management too. I absolutely, unequivocally agree. We've a decent enough squad but haven't a bloody clue how best to utilise it. Today was oh so predictable, Mowbray should be bloody embarrassed by how he has been TOTALLY outthought tactically by the managers of the last 4 teams we have faced. Arguably all had inferior squads.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JHRover said:

We had another chance earlier this year when he was unemployed and ready to work.

But we are on a 'journey'.

Warnock doing a proper job making Middlesbrough hard to beat and play off contenders. Mowbray going round in circles. He should manage the u23s so he can spend all day worrying about possession and passes and not results.

Looking at the Boro squad they should be no where near promotion at the end of the season, but this is not a great Championship IMO, but

old Colin is a bloody genius at finding a way to win, I certainly would'nt back against him in the final 10/12 games if he can keep them hovering

around the top 6.

• Like 2

JRC was weak link but not his fault he was asked to play LB.

We've had such treacherous luck with both bell and Douglas out at LB. Then Ayala and Kaminski out too!!

Kaminski, ayala, douglas, johnson, travis, dack, rothwell are 7 first team players out!

Cant wait for international break to come. We will be better when we have a more settled side. We need to try and get through next 2 games and try and GRIND out at least 1 win!

Edited by tugayislegend
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, JHRover said:

He's incapable of adapting to the situation. Teams missing key players should grind out results and keep it tight. 

Plus all the issues on display today are the same as we've had for months before Covid took players away.

Agree, today Swansea offered nothing other than what we thought they would. If you had 11 lads from The Blackburn Combination, they would be set up better and defend set pieces and cross field balls better than we currently do.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Agreed. Pears, Lenihan and Evans SHOULD have played themselves out of the side. 

Suggested amendment for you, Exiled_Rover.

Knowing the TM style[?] of football management, I wouldn't have put any money on your original suggestion happening.

Just now, darrenrover said:

Agree, today Swansea offered nothing other than what we thought they would. If you had 11 lads from The Blackburn Combination, they would be set up better and defend set pieces and cross field balls better than we currently do.

I have said this for a couple of seasons now , Mowbray picks a team and they go on the pitch....No thought , no planning and whatever happens , happens !!!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Of course it’s Mowbray fault. He’s done well to fill in , in a position he has been asked to play . People where talking him up like he’s the next coming and premier league material. He has been distinctly average whenever he’s played and I see nothing that will stand him above the rest of our mediocre, average players. Make no mistake I’m not digging him out for today at all. He was exactly the same as every single player on our team today

average

I think you should have stuck with your original post, I've always said I can't see much in JRC wherever he plays and he was absolutely atrocious today.

Out of position or not you still expect a certain standard from a professional footballer.

Absolute shite, anyone banging on about possession, "playing well", attacking football etc after the first time or two against decent opposition and going down the hard done by route has clearly awoken to the managers inability to get results against these teams.

Pears looks shite, a little boy lost and for me his positioning for both goals was poor. How on earth does Rankin Costello sometimes play over Nyambe, the latter was our best player, Rankin Costello simply cannot defend as we saw for the second goal following a woeful defensive display midweek, he should never play that role other than in an emergency, but it seems that Mowbray is deluding himself into thinking that we are the Championship Liverpool. Williams as ever is not someone you want in the trenches, Lenihan is but hes all over the place at the moment.

Trybull read danger a few times well and is neat and tidy, although very immobile and you can see why he was never a guaranteed starter at Norwich. Evans again was stupidly played in an alien role, he was neat and tidy and didnt do much wrong but to be honest didnt do much at all. Not sure what to make about Holtby, he is technically very good, loves a nutmeg, does he do enough overall? Not sure he does.

Up front, no surprise that we are solely reliant on Armstrong to score all of our goals. He clearly was injured throughout the game but had to stay on otherwise any goal threat went, he missed chances and is not the most prolific finisher but he gets the goals, no questions there, where else do the goals come from? Brereton resorting to bumbling fool, every touch all over the place and zero goal threat, hes got his seasonal goal now so thats him done. Elliott had his quietest game too. The Gallagher on the wing shite made another ugly appearance too.

Manager is massively at fault which I will mention in his thread. Stagnation is the best word.

• Like 4

We have a squad with depth now and a lot of the newbies according to the manager himself wouldn't have been expected to play anyway until they'd bedded in.

THe team turned out are good enough to get some sort of results otherwise what is the point of them.  The excuses that people are willing to suck up time after time now are getting farcical.

• Like 3