BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Swansea City away

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Absolute shite, anyone banging on about possession, "playing well", attacking football etc after the first time or two against decent opposition and going down the hard done by route has clearly awoken to the managers inability to get results against these teams.

Pears looks shite, a little boy lost and for me his positioning for both goals was poor. How on earth does Rankin Costello sometimes play over Nyambe, the latter was our best player, Rankin Costello simply cannot defend as we saw for the second goal following a woeful defensive display midweek, he should never play that role other than in an emergency, but it seems that Mowbray is deluding himself into thinking that we are the Championship Liverpool. Williams as ever is not someone you want in the trenches, Lenihan is but hes all over the place at the moment.

Trybull read danger a few times well and is neat and tidy, although very immobile and you can see why he was never a guaranteed starter at Norwich. Evans again was stupidly played in an alien role, he was neat and tidy and didnt do much wrong but to be honest didnt do much at all. Not sure what to make about Holtby, he is technically very good, loves a nutmeg, does he do enough overall? Not sure he does.

Up front, no surprise that we are solely reliant on Armstrong to score all of our goals. He clearly was injured throughout the game but had to stay on otherwise any goal threat went, he missed chances and is not the most prolific finisher but he gets the goals, no questions there, where else do the goals come from? Brereton resorting to bumbling fool, every touch all over the place and zero goal threat, hes got his seasonal goal now so thats him done. Elliott had his quietest game too. The Gallagher on the wing shite made another ugly appearance too.

Manager is massively at fault which I will mention in his thread. Stagnation is the best word.

JRC isn’t a defender that’s the problem. Play players in their best position might help.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Mr. E said:

I cant blame TM right now. It is beyond absurd what is happening to our squad with injuries and covid. People will say well every club is facing the same challenges, but then what sport are we playing? Pick from the scraps left from the bones? Virus tombola every week? It doesnt feel like a sport anymore.

Rubbish Mr. E, sorry but absolute crap. (Apologies again) The Dog and Bloody Duck could have set up better defensively than us, we should have got a goalless draw at least. Yes we have absentees and it's unfortunate but Swansea were nothing today and were there for the taking. Absentees are a lame excuse for me, yeh it doesn't help admittedly but Mowbray, Evans and Lenihan are directly to blame today on many counts.

12 minutes ago, Doogs said:

Has Tony wer going up gone yet. Completely lost the plot for me. I just want a manager that will play people in their natural positions...Corry Evan's left side of midfield. Dont make me laugh..

Evans should left.. in the team bus. 

• Like 1

A Birmingham fan and junior journalist has assured us however that we should just give the manager a free pass for the time being.

Every team at the moment has absentees, its not an excuse.

The manager needs time, hes only had is it 4 years? So could do with a few more months and on the off chance that every single player is available at some point, which rarely happens to anyone.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, m1st said:

Name them, Chaddy. There can't be that many.

I’m still backing Mowbray. I still hope he can get us back up the table with a bit more luck re: players available. Mystified as to why he plays Gallagher on the wing mind you and that is getting very frustrating...

If we’re not in and around the top 6 come Xmas I think it might be time to consider a change. Previously I’d said to give him till the end of the season but tbf we haven’t been great recently apart from when we absolutely bullied some weaker opposition. 

32 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Promotion was 2.5 years ago. Absolutely irrelevant to the situation now. Just how long does he get a free Pass on events that happened an eternity ago in football? 

10 years from now some will still be going on about 2018. He did a good job. He was congratulated, got a bonus.and a new contract and has had 2.5 years of Championship management going around in circles. 

He isnt getting a free pass tho. 

But plenty.of fans and I would say majority of Rovers fans are still backing Mowbray from what I seen pre Swansea games. 

11 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

A Birmingham fan and junior journalist has assured us however that we should just give the manager a free pass for the time being.

Every team at the moment has absentees, its not an excuse.

The manager needs time, hes only had is it 4 years? So could do with a few more months and on the off chance that every single player is available at some point, which rarely happens to anyone.

And he still keeps playing players put of position.

11 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Rubbish Mr. E, sorry but absolute crap. (Apologies again) The Dog and Bloody Duck could have set up better defensively than us, we should have got a goalless draw at least. Yes we have absentees and it's unfortunate but Swansea were nothing today and were there for the taking. Absentees are a lame excuse for me, yeh it doesn't help admittedly but Mowbray, Evans and Lenihan are directly to blame today on many counts.

No it’s not rubbish, if a team has 9 players out, normally it’s a few squad members, but you’ve got to admit probably 7 of those would actually start, ( Bennett not in squad and Bell on bench).

Kaminsky, Ayala,Johnson,Rothwell,Travis,Dack Douglas would very likely start.

Not sure there are many teams in the division could get by with all those out.

• Like 1

Still only 5 points of the playoffs, if he can sort of the defence we have a chance, but he needs to get a lick on.

Could have been worse, we could spent £150 and travelled! 

Anyone seen Boris Johnson?

14 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

My view has been/is to give Tony this season and then assess.

I never really understand people giving such specific and definitive time frames to be judged upon.

Firstly, what are the expectations in terms of decision making come next summer? Is it promotion or sacked, top 6 or sacked, is it more flexible, is 10th ok if we suffer too much from injuries or the style looks nice, how does it work?

Secondly, does it not at all depend on progress within that? If we lose our next 6, if we pick up 2 points from our next 8 games, if we are in the bottom 3 come new year, if we sit 18th at christmas, if the "nice football" stops yet the results stay poor between, is it still stick until the summer regardless? Surely there is a point in which it becomes untenable before?