BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Swansea City away

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

It will be an absolute disgrace if Evans starts again and if he does, I think we all know the likely result.

As I posted earlier I'm not 100% sure. The only change I was told about was Douglas out. All will be revealed at 2 pm.

• Backroom
3 hours ago, WIR Second Coming said:

From Swansea fan forum https://www.scfc2.co.uk/forums/discussion/4612/match-discussion-swans-v-blackburn-rovers-championship-2020-21

Sounds like they have us sussed...

October 30 edited October 30

Latest news on Blackburn injuries both Thomas kaminski (keeper) and daniel Ayala (CB) will not play tomorrow according to the Blackburn website. That leaves them defensively light and short (in height) at CB.

Their FBs are excellent going forward but weak defensively. At CB they still have Derrick Williams but he is no giant and will probably be partnered with Lenihan. They are both below 6ft and Blackburn have been weak in the air in defence even when they have been strong in matches. Aynsley Pears their backup keeper had a torrid time last match and is only 6ft 1in tall himself.

Seem pretty obsessed with height which is a bit odd.

They planning on peppering the box with long balls and crosses or something. 

I thought Swansea were a ball on the floor, passing team anyway. 

4 hours ago, WIR Second Coming said:

From Swansea fan forum https://www.scfc2.co.uk/forums/discussion/4612/match-discussion-swans-v-blackburn-rovers-championship-2020-21

Sounds like they have us sussed...

October 30 edited October 30

Latest news on Blackburn injuries both Thomas kaminski (keeper) and daniel Ayala (CB) will not play tomorrow according to the Blackburn website. That leaves them defensively light and short (in height) at CB.

Their FBs are excellent going forward but weak defensively. At CB they still have Derrick Williams but he is no giant and will probably be partnered with Lenihan. They are both below 6ft and Blackburn have been weak in the air in defence even when they have been strong in matches. Aynsley Pears their backup keeper had a torrid time last match and is only 6ft 1in tall himself.

We have to push their FBs into defending and limit their opportunities going forward, Also Gyokeres could come into his own against a pair of CBs who will be at least a couple of inches shorter, put Bennett up for corners and it might be an opportunity.

Whatever happens we have to stop their passing game in midfield as when they get in their stride they can be lethal.

Jackareme

Lenihan is not below 6ft, he’s about 6ft 2 inches I think. 

46 minutes ago, The Gull said:

Lenihan is not below 6ft, he’s about 6ft 2 inches I think. 

Aye, but he jumps like he is a foot shorter..

My guess about our schizo form is that there is actually very little between most teams in this division, such that conceding a goal puts the team on edge which in turn makes them (us) more error prone as they 'try' to play football, instead of just playing and enjoying it.

Except, of course, for defenders (and strikers) who can't jump. That is just poor technique and a lack of appropriate athleticism /endeavour.

2 hours ago, tomphil said:

Isolating because they 'might' have come into contact with someone who's had it or symptoms ?

Can't run football like this for a season it's farcical, nearly as farcical as the real world.  Speaking of that you'd think they'd lockdown certain clubs who have a few tested positive or showing symptoms.

Lockdown 2 on its way soon guaranteed.  This season will turn into a pantomime way before it ends.....about next December.

Oh, no; it won't!?

[Well, someone had to say it!]

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, JHRover said:

1 defeat in 11 for them and only once have they failed to score (against well organised Birmingham).

Oh I think we all know they’ll score. As ever under Mowbray, it’ll just be a case of whether we can out score them! Looking at the form book I still think that’s very unlikely. Smells of another 3-1 loss or similar here.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 2

• Backroom

For 1st time this season I'm not paying to watch.

Want to do the boxing tonight, and can't justify £30 on live TV sport in 1 day. 

I'd prefer to pay to be entertained as a neutral tonight, than pay this afternoon just to be angry and disappointed. 

I think we'll lose.

If we win a barn storming 4-3 thriller,  I'll be gutted to have missed it, but will be over the moon to be back on track for playoffs. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Silas said:

Want to do the boxing tonight, and can't justify £30 on live TV sport in 1 day. 

I'd prefer to pay to be entertained as a neutral tonight,

I looked at it and its a very underwhelming undercard, I expect Del to lose tonight and this afternoon.

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Oh I think we all know they’ll score. As ever under Mowbray, it’ll just be a case of whether we can out score them! Looking at the form book I still think that’s very unlikely. Smells of another 3-1 loss or similar here.

Not sure who the Swansea manager is , suspect he will out smart ours though...

I suspect we're going to start playing 3 at the back: Nyambe, Lenihan & Williams. Possibly JRC and Bell as wingbacks with Evans, Holtby and Trybull as CMs. Elliott, Arma and Brereton as the front 3 as Joe has suggested.

I'm not sure if Bell's available or not and wouldn't normally advocate starting with either him or Evans but given who's available, I feel that this would be our most balanced line up. 

Theoretically Evans and Trybull would sit, adding protection to the back line, whilst we'd have attacking options.