BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Middlesbrough Tuesday 3rd November

Just now, Butty said:

Well it wasn’t great and we were absolutely dominated, but fair play to the defence tonight who in recent games have crumbled time after time, thought Williams had a brilliant game before going off with his injury and Pears has shut a lot of people up tonight. We move on to Saturday where hopefully we have a couple more players available. 

He was terrible?

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Take a point. We were much better second half and in fairness anyone, let alone someone of Mowbray's capabilities, would sturggle with all of the players we have out. 

We didn’t have one shot, pal. 

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 3

There's always a mitigating factor. Great point with the players out/in the circumstances. Where's the ambition? Our current team on paper is better than many of the teams in the bottom half, and yet we still set the bar so, so low. 

A needed point. A surprising clean sheet. But really, we could and should be doing better.  

58 minutes ago, Ruaney said:

Yeah he saved the shot he flapped at, at the first time of asking.

Nah there was one drilled at him through some bodies, quite short range and straight at him, but he clutched it first time and held it well.

• Like 1

That was horrible to watch but a good result in the end. No idea how we took anything from that game. 

I said before the game I'd snap your hand off for four points from the next two games. 

Pears made some good saves, Wharton was very good when he came on, and Evans is much better in a central role. Del injured - you couldn't make it up. 

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

He didn’t, he let every corner go right past his nose, just got lucky 

Listen I’d be playing Kaminski when he’s back which I’m sure will be the case but at least the young lad kept a clean sheet tonight.

• Like 1

Fantastic result in context with all the players we had missing. Defence resolute. Might be a very big point that come the end of the season!

Well done the lads who played. Essentially their first team vs our second string. Another injury but we keep on fighting.

• Like 2

holy **** thats a bit of a robbery,all the talk of injuries is a complete *******,they are all professional footballers who at least should be able to pass to each other and have a game plan,nobody in a blue and white half had a scooby do of what their formation was,only del and lenihan can come out of that with any credit,though holtby looked busy and at least looked like he could pass a football

1 minute ago, davulsukur said:

He was terrible?

He doesnt impress me, but tbf, if he was all-round terrible tonight we would have lost.

He won Peter Jackson motm. Think that's more because we took on too much pressure, and I'd have backed Kaminski to save all of those, but 'terrible' is harsh. Terrible is Fettis letting every shot fly past him.

Edited by bluebruce

Crikey That was a very boring watch.  Devoid of ideas and could not do any basics right. The difference between a well set up Warnock team and Mowbray’s lack of ideas was starkly apparent. We are a very bang average team on that performance.

i guess the best thing you could say is that we defended well.  However, having to do that so often was entirely our fault by the stupid needless fouls given away and our complete inability to hold up the ball or even make simple passes to players in our own shirt.

pears was much better and Wharton did well when he came on.  Only positives.  

If I was an opposition manager and pears was in goal however, my instruction would be just put it on him all of the time.  No command of area or 6 yard box whatsoever.

Worst performance of the season and we get a draw. We need our first choice players back soon. Gally should be nowhere near the match day squad. Williams has improved considerably since he was linked to Swansea. 

Rovers were excellent defensively and keep throwing our bodies on the line. We wanted that clean sheet tonight. Pears was very good tonight and deserved his clean sheet. Lenihan and Williams solid. Wharton good when on. 

Going forward we were nowhere near good enough and created very little. We miss Armstrong pace tonight.

But a clean sheet is very pleasing and we grind it out for it..

Let's gets 3 points on Saturday

• Like 3