BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Middlesbrough Tuesday 3rd November

4 minutes ago, Mercer said:

With a manager like Warnock we would be top two.

When will the penny drop with the likes of you and @PaulMani - Mowbray, IMO, is taking us on a journey to nowhere.

Tonight we got lucky, very lucky - it was robbery.

IMO, we resembled a disorganised Sunday league pub team who had no plan, shape or structure - that is down to the manager and coaches.

For M'boro, these nights happen in football when you just can't buy a goal for love nor money.

I will match any bet you and Paul want to make and say now M'boro will finish higher than Rovers.

Mowbray is the right manager for us. 

Dont want Warnock here. 

Lack at the players out tonight. 9 first team players  out for varied reasons and still Warnock team couldnt beat us. We have 3 players self isolating, 1 player with ACL injury, 2 players with groin injuries, Armstrong out with hamstring, Travis out with knee and Bennett out with Knee. 

Put your money on Rovers getting top 6 finish Mercer. Or even have a bet on president race

Where was Morsy Mercer?

Edited by chaddyrovers

Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

We were watching a different team.

Middlesboro only had one route to victory - route one. They SHOULD have scored one of the multiple crosses they had, but they didn't because they're a poor side. 

A "poor side" in 5th place . So what does that make us? 

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, Riversider28 said:

What game were you watching? Clean sheet, great reflex save to keep us in it 

The one where he flapped on countless crosses and couldn't find our players with his kicks. The least any keeper should do is make 2 or 3 decent stops stops per game minimum.  His all round

game is poor.  Just like Steele, Walton etc.

Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

We're a poor side too - it's a shit league.

Find a comment where I've said anything but that. 

Q. So why are "poor side" Boro in 5th and "poor side" Rovers in 15th?

A: They're a much better side than us with a better manager

• Like 3

That was awful to watch, the starting 11 wasn’t too bad but I feel the full team/coaching staff had their excuses lined up before Kick off. 

Gallagher is terrible, he is the total opposite to what we need up top. He needs to go bang some goals in the U23s because he is totally depleted of any confidence. 

Pears made a couple decent saves today but he reminds me so much of Steele......Kaminski needs to get back soon!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Paul Cooke was actually very complimentary about Rovers and pointed to the injury list. 

Very rare from that bellend. After Tony's job? 

Yes please.  Would be a huge upgrade.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

The one where he flapped on countless crosses and couldn't find our players with his kicks. The least any keeper should do is make 2 or 3 decent stops stops per game minimum.  His all round

game is poor.  Just like Steele, Walton etc.

There weren’t 2 or 3 shots on target, just the one he saved well. And to repeat, clean sheet. The lad has had to step in when in reality he would have had time to get used to our way of playing. Yes, he’s by no means the finished article, but he is better than the keepers you stated. 

I’m not sure why everyone who was convinced we would lose are so upset we got a draw; it can’t be the performance because, as we established earlier this season, performances are completely irrelevant.

Highlights for me were JRC giving Gallagher an earful, Wharton playing dirty, Nyambe staying in position, 36 last ditch blocks and Rothwell managing a full half without once appearing to be on the pitch.

Gallagher has no best position.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Another poor performance. Surely Mowbray can't last much longer 10 games in at it is clear we are going nowhere under him. Infact watching that tonight we are more likely to be bottom 6 than top 6.

Nyambe and Lenihan were excellent, Williams was good as well by my god aren't our centre backs injury prone. JRC the weak link in the defence again, as for Pears he made a couple decent saves but they looked like scoring from every corner that they got in. Thought Wharton did decent when he came on, he looks like the sort that actually enjoys defending. 

The midfield and attackers were poor, there seemed to be no shape whatsoever. I thought that Dolan was about the brightest of the attackers so of course he was taken off at half time. Brereton was terrible, it really is staggering that a 2nd division footballer can have such a terrible touch. Gallagher equally bad, as a striker he has to be anticipating that JRC cross. I thought that Holtby was our poorest performer bar his abysmal set pieces he was non existent. 

Exactly how I saw it to a man.

• Like 1

Lads, if you need any direction on what football men think just listen to O’Neill and dare I say it Cook tonight.

Dack, Arma, Trav and Ayala get in any team in that division and are currently ALL injured. No team on the planet could thrive in that situation. 

I think Kaminski and Rothwell have been as bigger losses as those above based on form this season.

Anyone expecting us to ‘crack on’ with those abstractions is dreaming....get 75% of those back and we’ll be a completely different proposition. 

• Like 5

Just now, Riversider28 said:

There weren’t 2 or 3 shots on target, just the one he saved well. And to repeat, clean sheet. The lad has had to step in when in reality he would have had time to get used to our way of playing. Yes, he’s by no means the finished article, but he is better than the keepers you stated. 

Dealing with crosses is goalkeeping basics and irrelevant to the way any team plays

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Lads, if you need any direction on what football men think just listen to O’Neill and dare I say it Cook tonight.

Dack, Arma, Trav and Ayala get in any team in that division and are currently ALL injured. No team on the planet could thrive in that situation. 

What do 'football men' think of Ivan Toney Paul? Asking for a friend.

Edited by LDRover
  • Like 4

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Thought Wharton did well when he came on.  Looks like he's learnt a lot physically from the lower leagues.

Defence as a whole was much better with the deep line we played and packing the box. Great to see after some defensive horror shows. On the flip side our attacking threat completely disappeared. 

Somehow we are going to need to figure out how to be effective defensively and have an offensive threat at the same time.  I'm sure when Kaminski comes back (hopefully Saturday) we will push right out, be much more offensive and start generating a lot of chances again. But equally we will also be a lot more brittle defensively....

Basically I think, when everyone's fit, we have a good system (433) for our midfielders and attackers, but we don't have enough pace across the back line to really make it work defensively and will keep conceding stupid goals.

• Like 1