BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Middlesbrough Tuesday 3rd November

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Dealing with crosses is goalkeeping basics and irrelevant to the way any team plays

Dealing with crosses is also a maturity thing. Both physically and mentally. I thought Pears performance was very promising. Is he ready to be number 1? Not whilst Kaminski is a Rovers player....but he’ll be fine ??

• Like 1

Just now, Paul Mani said:

Lads, if you need any direction on what football men think just listen to O’Neill and dare I say it Cook tonight.

Dack, Arma, Trav and Ayala get in any team in that division and are currently ALL injured. No team on the planet could thrive in that situation. 

I think Kaminski and Rothwell have been as bigger losses as those above based on form this season.

Anyone expecting us to ‘crack on’ with those abstractions is dreaming....get 75% of those back and we’ll be a completely different proposition. 

different proposition my backside,at best it will be just like last season when a glimpse of the top six had mowbray and his squad coming down with nosebleeds,tony will never take us forward,ever,ever,ever

• Like 2

Trybull now injured too and William's definitely out of the game at the weekend. You really can't make it up. 

There is no question that our huge injury list is impacting our results. I don't think anyone in the division is dealing with as many absentees as we are at the moment. Delighted with the 0-0 tonight, but I think that in itself sums up how terrible we've been lately. 

If we have Arma and Kaminski back at the weekend, and a slightly fitter Rothwell, we could get a win. 

Just now, LDRover said:

What do 'football men's think of Ivan Toney Paul? Asking for a friend.

Ask some yourself ??

Only a Rovers fan would have Adam Armstrong in his team and be spunking himself over Ivan Toney though ✊?. Wonder how many Brentford fans are banging on about AA at the minute? 

Just now, Riversider28 said:

There weren’t 2 or 3 shots on target, just the one he saved well. And to repeat, clean sheet. The lad has had to step in when in reality he would have had time to get used to our way of playing. Yes, he’s by no means the finished article, but he is better than the keepers you stated. 

How can you say he's better than those keepers?  He's conceded 6 in three games .  Pretty much a Rovers defensive average of 2 per game over the last couple of years.  Walton kept several clean sheets in spells  but was an absoloute liability on crosses as well - and he couldn't pass either. 

Listen, the kid is a Rover.  I hope he does well but for me, he looks less of a prospect than the Greek lad and a million miles behind Kaminski.

I'd say tonight's clean sheet was more due to last ditch defending than outstanding keeping.

5 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Lads, if you need any direction on what football men think just listen to O’Neill and dare I say it Cook tonight.

Dack, Arma, Trav and Ayala get in any team in that division and are currently ALL injured. No team on the planet could thrive in that situation. 

I think Kaminski and Rothwell have been as bigger losses as those above based on form this season.

Anyone expecting us to ‘crack on’ with those abstractions is dreaming....get 75% of those back and we’ll be a completely different proposition. 

So what you are saying is that our squad isn't really good enough to compete at this level ?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

different proposition my backside,at best it will be just like last season when a glimpse of the top six had mowbray and his squad coming down with nosebleeds,tony will never take us forward,ever,ever,ever

Sound. 

Just now, Paul Mani said:

Ask some yourself ??

Only a Rovers fan would have Adam Armstrong in his team and be spunking himself over Ivan Toney though ✊?. Wonder how many Brentford fans are banging on about AA at the minute? 

Good on ya mate, I'm glad you're back to impart your wisdom after a good but scabby point. Your input has been missed after the last couple of defeats.

• Like 1

The number of missing players is especially critical given just how many games they have played recently. It wasn't pretty tonight, but it was gutsy and resilient which was good to see. We have conceded far too easily in recent games. The defenders went back to basics, put their bodies on the line and didn't make any errors. Not a game that will live long in the memory, but an important point. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I also hear what football men say who are not sitting in front of the tv cameras !!!

7 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Dealing with crosses is also a maturity thing. Both physically and mentally. I thought Pears performance was very promising. Is he ready to be number 1? Not whilst Kaminski is a Rovers player....but he’ll be fine ??

He dealt with some crosses very well. Credit to Boro for the outswinging back post corners that Mulgrew frequently scored with..

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Glad we kept a clean sheet tonight and glad we didn’t lose. 
Not so glad we had £12 Million worth of strikers on the pitch that couldn’t hit the onion bag though.

They didn't even get in the greengrocers to be able to hit the onion bag 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

Trybull now injured too and William's definitely out of the game at the weekend. You really can't make it up. 

There is no question that our huge injury list is impacting our results. I don't think anyone in the division is dealing with as many absentees as we are at the moment. Delighted with the 0-0 tonight, but I think that in itself sums up how terrible we've been lately. 

If we have Arma and Kaminski back at the weekend, and a slightly fitter Rothwell, we could get a win. 

I'm beginning to wonder if the pressing game we have been trying to play has a role in our injuries. Would mean the intensity of training would be higher than other tactical systems.... Seems plausible?

Just now, K-Hod said:

Not so glad we had £12 Million worth of strikers on the pitch that couldn’t hit the onion bag though.

They never got near the goal tbf. We were very disjointed and lacking in rhythm. The injuries are killing us...having said that they both look toothless!

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

How can you say he's better than those keepers?  He's conceded 6 in three games .  Pretty much a Rovers defensive average of 2 per game over the last couple of years.  Walton kept several clean sheets in spells  but was an absoloute liability on crosses as well - and he couldn't pass either. 

Listen, the kid is a Rover.  I hope he does well but for me, he looks less of a prospect than the Greek lad and a million miles behind Kaminski.

I'd say tonight's clean sheet was more due to last ditch defending than outstanding keeping.

We know Pears is miles behind Kaminski, but like I said earlier, he has been thrown in with little understanding of our way of playing. Are you saying he was at fault for all those 6 goals? Only a few days ago people were blaming Lenihan for most of them. We have our own thoughts on how players will develop and I think he will turn up trumps in time.  

30 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Does Mowbray know something we don't? Just said the lockdown can't come quick enough ? then back peddled. Didn't realise how many backroom staff we had isolating either, all these things add up.

He said the same thing before the game, how we just needed to get to the break, not that it was a chance to pick up valuable points. 

I think this desperate approach was reflected on the pitch. 

9 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Everyone has certainly gone silent on Brereton since Coventry (his one good game in two years).

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 1

He got it right tonight in terms of playing deeper even though the rest of the team was all over the gaff the defense held up well. I think if they'd tried to go for it or push on at any point we'd have shipped a goal or two.

His messing around with the wings and forwards defies logic at times but he has a bunch of miss fits out there tonight. Part down to him part not.