BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Middlesbrough Tuesday 3rd November

When the beach starts appearing on the horizon late season and contracts are up for renewal in summer- or moves are on the mind watch the treatment room empty.

Hopefully there'll a vaccine as well before then so the latest trend will be stifled as well.  Fit footballers sat at home because they 'might; have been in contact with someone. Still on thousands per week whilst their team struggles.

Not a bad place to be in these times.

Edited by tomphil

7 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Definitely wouldnt play Johnson in the holding role, for me it highlights his weaknesses on the ball (as it did for the Forest winner) and he is incapable of taking the ball on the half turn. Would play him in one of the 2 more advanced midfield roles if we are to continue with the 433 for this weekend, he gives us a goal threat which we need. Your comments on Trybull I totally agree with, has given the ball away a few times and looked quite ponderous. We might have to resort to Evans in front of the back 4 who did well when he came on in a much more familiar role.

Not sure at left back. Rankin Costello isnt comfortable there but Bell is consistently poor so a flip of a coin there really. Rothwells absence has been overhyped but I wouldnt mind him coming in from the left, Elliott right and either of the 12m forwards, equally impotent really. Wharton in for Williams. It is a tough selection for a critical game.

Don't see how Johnson can play in the wide positions of the three mids - those roles need to cover a lot of ground, he can't.

He is slow on the half turn I agree, but the first few games where we had him anchoring and Rothwell and Holtby either side the balance looked really good. We should try and persist with that imo.

3 hours ago, Stuart said:

Even Downing isn’t fit. Another great bit of business.

Get an inspiring manager in and watch that treatment room empty itself.

Patience is running thin.

Patience certainly is running thin in our house.

The performance the other night was dreadful, apart-ironically-from the defence.

Does the fact that my patience is running thin mean that I should diagnose Covid-19 absences and injuries to Kaminski, Travis and Johnson etc , as somehow psychological and only happening because we have an uninspiring manager?

I am not so sure.

7 hours ago, Stuart said:

Even Downing isn’t fit. Another great bit of business.

Get an inspiring manager in and watch that treatment room empty itself.

Patience is running thin.

Whichever inspiring manager you are thinking of - get him in charge of the NHS, if he can sort out CoVid in the dressing room and ACL injuries.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

It’s not what other players could we use it’s what did we do with the players available. We can’t keep trotting out hard luck stories . Maybe last night I’m being harsh as a one off but there is always A reason we can’t compete. ALWAYS. We just need to sort the keeper, we just need to sort the defence, we just need dack back, we just need rothwell driving forward . We just a need a manager who can organise a team of 11 professional footballers from the squad of 30 odd players he’s assembled to be able to play as a unit and maybe just maybe have the odd shot in target

Amen brother i agree with you, maybe I don't know I am too positive :). For me I think it is hard to judge a season after 10 games I like to give managers time and the time with Venky's tells me as well, we have been at our best when building slowly. Is the squad better than last year? Yes, Absolutely. SHould we be higher up the league, yes if we want to be promoted. I do feel though we have had some tough games out of the way with the likes of Cardiff, Boro, Bournemouth, Watford. To which 2 out of the 4 I would have anticipated losing anyway. I think I we have some easier games coming up and I think what these last few games have showed us, is how vital Kaminski is 

20 hours ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Patience certainly is running thin in our house.

The performance the other night was dreadful, apart-ironically-from the defence.

Does the fact that my patience is running thin mean that I should diagnose Covid-19 absences and injuries to Kaminski, Travis and Johnson etc , as somehow psychological and only happening because we have an uninspiring manager?

I am not so sure.

We all have an opinion. I’m saying I don’t believe the extent of the covid impact - anyone can say they have symptoms. Lots of occurrences of the same type of injury point to a problem with the way players are being trained but even the extent of injuries can be exaggerated.

Managers lie in football all the time. I remember when Ryan Nelsen was “in traction”.

When the treatment room fills up it’s a sign of an unhappy camp. Especially when managers start digging players out while their tactics and selection policy hang players out to dry.

• Like 1

If you have a policy of signing injury prone players because you might get them a bit cheaper wages wise then it can be no surprise when you have a glut missing. Couple that with the heavy workload recently and anybody who sneezes or was stood near someone when they did being told to stay away it's no wonder.

Good job they'll filled the squad out a bit and there are still enough to put together a team capable of getting some results in the meantime. It isn't covids fault 12 million pounds worth of forwards who remain available are way below the mark !

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stuart said:

We all have an opinion. I’m saying I don’t believe the extent of the covid impact - anyone can say they have symptoms. Lots of occurrences of the same type of injury point to a problem with the way players are being trained but even the extent of injuries can be exaggerated.

Managers lie in football all the time. I remember when Ryan Nelsen was “in traction”.

When the treatment room fills up it’s a sign of an unhappy camp. Especially when managers start digging players out while their tactics and selection policy hang players out to dry.

I agree that the treatment room usually fills up when things aren't right behind the scenes. Each time we've been relegated in my lifetime that's been the case.

4 hours ago, Stuart said:

It isn't just about Covid symptoms  - you also have to isolate if somebody you came into contact comes down with it.