BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Middlesbrough Tuesday 3rd November

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

Nowt seems to have changed much on injury front since Saturday.

Looks like Rothwell might be back but Armstrong looking a doubt.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18837951.adam-armstrong-adds-name-growing-rovers-injury-list/

Seems like Kaminski and Ayala still out with groins!!!

From what I've seen having Rothwell back will be a huge improvement as he can run the yards but whats an absolute killer is not having Kaminski. He is critical for us. Without him I fear for us in every game.

We should have a perfectly able reliable second choice keeper but now we just have another kid who boro wanted rid of.

Nothing against him i hope he comes good he might he's only young. However it's another weak point created by the manager when he's had ample time and funds to sort it.

• Like 1

Absolute bread and butter stuff for Warnock this, Mowbray will play exactly into his hands and we will get done 0-1 or 0-2.

Afterwards, all the hard luck stories and we're on a journey bullshit.

Boro will sit back, give us the ball, we will have no idea how to break them down and we will get hit on the counter.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Absolute bread and butter stuff for Warnock this, Mowbray will play exactly into his hands and we will get done 0-1 or 0-2.

Afterwards, all the hard luck stories and we're on a journey bullshit.

Boro will sit back, give us the ball, we will have no idea how to break them down and we will get hit on the counter.

So predictable isn't it?

They went away and did a job on Bristol City last week. Kept it tight at 0-0 until 70 odd minutes then seized their chance when it inevitably came. 

Will Mowbray have an answer to it? I doubt it. Forest or Cardiff repeat on our hands.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

We should have a perfectly able reliable second choice keeper but now we just have another kid who boro wanted rid of.

Remember a few weeks ago when some people were getting very cocky about the Greek keeper and saying it was a massive feather in the cap of the European scouting network?

God knows what he's like if he's worse than Pears. Add that to Walton and Leutwiler I don't know how we manage to find them. You couldn't be that unlucky so many times if you were sticking a pin in!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Remember a few weeks ago when some people were getting very cocky about the Greek keeper and saying it was a massive feather in the cap of the European scouting network?

God knows what he's like if he's worse than Pears. Add that to Walton and Leutwiler I don't know how we manage to find them. You couldn't be that unlucky so many times if you were sticking a pin in!

Well it now appears we have a number 2 less experienced than the last one. And not a highly rated wonderkid either 

That isn't really strengthening the position.  Doesn't mean he might not be better but it's unlikely.

It's ok though because it fits in with Mowbrays constant experiment. Namely BRFC

Edited by tomphil

Really depends on who is available for this I'm going to assume that Armstrong is out.

I'm not as anti 4-3-3 as everyone else but if we dont have the right players let's try something else.

Boro are going to be direct so we will need to be a bit more competitive in the air at the back

Pears

Nyambe    Lenihan   Wharton    Williams 

Elliott        Trybull       Holtby     Rothwell/JRC

Brereton     Gallagher

Or

Pears

Lenihan    Wharton   Williams

Nyambe      Trybull       Holtby      JRC 

Elliott       Gallagher      Brereton

Or

Pears

Nyambe       Lenihan   Williams    JRC

Trybull    Holtby

Dolan                     Elliott         Rothwell/chapman

Brereton

6 hours ago, rovers11 said:

I fear another loss in this one. I suspect Armstrong won’t feature and none of the absentees will be back, so we’re going to be weaker than we have been for the the past two games where we’ve been dreadful. 

We will have most of the possession, play some pretty football, create some decent chances...but they’ll probably score from a set price or a counter attack and we’ll end up losing. Sadly all too predictable at the moment. Desperately need the international break.

I do still very much believe we can push for the top 6 when we have the majority of our players available again. The worry is how much ground we’ll have to make up by the time we can get our players back. A frustrating season so far. Just when we assemble a good squad, half of them aren’t available. 

Just maybe,  that is why , we assembled the squad .

Cos they are unavailable a lot !!

2-0 boro, concede a sloppy early goal before fighting back where we make a few chances we should score from but don’t cos our strikers aren’t clinical before a 78th minute killer goal on the break condemns us to another defeat. Mowbray says the defence needs to get back to basics as they are making silly errors and the forwards need to start performing as we have attacking options coming back ready to take their place 

10 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

2-0 boro, concede a sloppy early goal before fighting back where we make a few chances we should score from but don’t cos our strikers aren’t clinical before a 78th minute killer goal on the break condemns us to another defeat. Mowbray says the defence needs to get back to basics as they are making silly errors and the forwards need to start performing as we have attacking options coming back ready to take their place 

Our strikers are pretty clinical and mowbray needs to understand the difference between silly errors and just not good enough at this level.  

• Like 2

Injuries are an inconvenience but no matter which eleven players are on the pitch we ought to be able to defend to a reasonable level commensurate with a team competing in the second tier of professional football in England.

We have been very wasteful in front of goal at times as well but it's the defensive frailties that are the main problem, we'd have needed three to beat Swansea, four to beat Watford and five to beat Reading!

• Like 1

Team with Armstrong, Kaminski and Ayala available 

Kaminski

Nyambe Lenihan Ayala Williams

Holtby Trybull Rothwell

Elliott  Armstrong  Bereton

Team without all 3

Pears

Nyambe Lenihan Wharton Williams 

Holtby  Trybull  Rothwell

Elliott   Gallagher  Brereton 

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Kaminski

Holtby Trybull Rothwell

Team without all 3

Pears

Can we play all 14? We might be able to keep Boro down to a single goal with five defenders and two keepers strung out across the goal.

Only one magic rule needed for the starting eleven. Evans and Gallagher nowhere near it. If Armstrong is unavailable I'd go with a front 3 of 

Dolan   Brereton   Elliot.

Have to say all our options look pretty bad at the moment.

I would give up 433 till Kaminskis back at a minimum.

Team for me, assuming Armstrong won't make it but Rothwell does, and Bell makes it too because I can't face JRC at left back again...

Pears

Nyambe.    Lenihan.    Williams.    Bell

Holby.      Trybull.  

JRC.               Elliott.          Brereton

Gallagher

Nailed on loss this one.        

• Backroom

I have a slight confession to make, I’m feeling very detached from it all this season, I’ve watched the red button games but not bothered otherwise, the game at weekend barely caught my attention.

Now I’m looking forward to watching but feel we need to be winning to reignite the season.

On sky so an audience to captivate, let’s hope we see more of the Derby performance than the performances in the last few!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Tom said:

I have a slight confession to make, I’m feeling very detached from it all this season, I’ve watched the red button games but not bothered otherwise, the game at weekend barely caught my attention.

Now I’m looking forward to watching but feel we need to be winning to reignite the season.

On sky so an audience to captivate, let’s hope we see more of the Derby performance than the performances in the last few!

I’ve watched nearly all the games on ifollow and whilst I enjoyed the wins early doors it wasn’t the same sat on my own in my bedroom and after the recent shambles I’m starting to wonder if it’s worth persevering with for the rest of the season . No one to enjoy the wins with and we arnt going up or down . I paid the tenner and sat in front of the tv and knew exactly how the game would go against Swansea and it went that way. I stared at the tv on about the 70th minute and it was the 87th minute when I realised that is exactly what I was doing. Not watching just staring out of sheer habit/loyalty/stupidity.  After that game I really questioned what I was doing . When your in the stadium or the coach after an away game you are all in it together highs lows etc. I don’t know what this is but it’s not enjoyable. Even going up would have a tainted we weren’t there feel. I already feel the season is set in motion to be almost scripted to last season. Lose against boro with another toothless performance and I may just call it a day until we are aloud back in. I don’t know if that makes me less of a fan but it just leaves me feeling almost empty especially when the post match comments just wearily repeat blah blah blah we go again with hands in pockets and a shrug. Roll on 2021

• Like 7

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Kaminski

Holtby Trybull Rothwell

Team without all 3

Pears

You being serious with Del at left back or just being your normal contrary self?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

You being serious with Del at left back or just being your normal contrary self?

In these circumstances I have to agree. Del or jrc at LB as your only viable options it’s del for me. Providing Ayala is fit. Otherwise it would have to be the same as Swansea through what we have available to us

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Butty said:

9 games in and we’re already talking about games being a must win to avoid us losing any more ground on the top six. End the season now please I can’t be bothered with another season of mid table mediocrity ?

I wouldn't be concerning yourself with the top 6 too much. We aren't getting into it this season, or any season with Mowbray in charge for that matter.

We've got three at home (Boro, QPR and Barnsley) and two away (Luton and Nobbers) in November - I'd say this month will be the perfect barometer for the rest of the season. Anything less than 10 points from 15 and we can all just busy ourselves doing something more useful and fulfilling till May. 10-12 points and maybe, just maybe there could be something in the squad that will make things interesting and worth hanging around. 5-9 points and Mowbray needs to be gone. End of.

As for Boro tomorrow evening, well, I guess the omens aren't good. That's usually when TM pulls a rabbit from the hat and earns a further reprieve from the deeply wounded yet still basically loyal Rovers fan base. Remember, after Coventry it was all positive and warm and fuzzy - we are back in the real world now, and TM knows it (which is why I think we will win). For Fecks  Sake Tony - just get your defenders to DEFEND and your strikers to TAKE THEIR CHANCES.... what do you do in training, anyway?

giphy.gif

COYB!

Looks like we will have 12 unavailable for this one including the Covid quarantiners.

Would just be grateful for us not making this 6 defeats out of 6 against probable top half teams.

Best we can hope for is a draw.

If Arma is out, replace him like for like with Gallagher and give the big lad a chance in his natural position. Otherwise, unless we are drafting in more under 23s it has to be same again as at Swansea.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, philipl said:

Looks like we will have 12 unavailable for this one including the Covid quarantiners.

Would just be grateful for us not making this 6 defeats out of 6 against probable top half teams.

Best we can hope for is a draw.

If Arma is out, replace him like for like with Gallagher and give the big lad a chance in his natural position. Otherwise, unless we are drafting in more under 23s it has to be same again as at Swansea.

With Dave port in for Evans. Even with 12 out he doesn’t get in the team 

• Like 1