Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Middlesbrough Tuesday 3rd November

With all injuries I think we will line up:

Pears

Nyambe, Lenihan, Williams, Rankin-Costello,

Trybull, Johnson,

Eliott, Rothwell, Holtby

Brereton

Brereton with a rare hattrick in a 3-3 draw.

After international break our team could be:

Kaminski

Rankin-Costello, Ayala, Williams, Douglas

Holtby, Johnson

Eliott, Rothwell, Brereton

Armstrong

Edited by neophox

2 minutes ago, neophox said:

With all injuries I think we will line up:

Pears

Nyambe, Lenihan, Williams, Rankin-Costello,

Trybull, Johnson,

Eliott, Rothwell, Holtby

Brereton

Brereton with a rare hattrick in a 3-3 draw.

R-C at left back- Wasn’t that a horror show the last time it was tried? 

At any rate, it will be a welcome return for Rothwell. 

Just now, WacoRover said:

R-C at left back- Wasn’t that a horror show the last time it was tried? 

At any rate, it will be a welcome return for Rothwell. 

Both Bell and Douglas may be out for this one... maybe Bell is back along with Johnson, unclear about their availabilities...

Just now, neophox said:

Mark Hughes looking for a job, not winning tomorrow and Mowbray may be feeling the hot ....

This was before my time following Rovers, but didn’t Hughes have a rep as a mean, dirty, gaffer? We need some meanness, if he still wants to work, he might be a strong candidate when that time comes around. 

This was before my time following Rovers, but didn’t Hughes have a rep as a mean, dirty, gaffer? We need some meanness, if he still wants to work, he might be a strong candidate when that time comes around. 

Think he would be a perfect candidate...cult status at Rovers... 

Sparky styled himself as a modern manager, certainly not old-school. 

He was '£ for £' arguably the best manager we've had since Kendall. Well, maybe not Daggers level but not far off.

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, neophox said:

Both Bell and Douglas may be out for this one... maybe Bell is back along with Johnson, unclear about their availabilities...

Thanks, LT says Bell, Douglas & Johnson all miss, & Kaminski to probably be out. 

This is really demoralizing, no real hope exists to get any points at all in the near future. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Magloire didnt look like he could head a ball last time he was in the team and a minimal spell in League 1 doesnt change that really.

In his only Rovers senior app he won the header to set up our penalty against Wigan to go 1-0 up.. and against Leicester he looked comfortable against, let me check my notes, Jamie Vardy...

32 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

Does Downing have anything left in those 36-year old legs? Maybe penalty kick

Nothing last season suggested he was running out of puff. Just a guess based off his age to say he's got nothing left in his legs. I've seen 24 year olds with less stamina than Stewy Downing.

Just now, JoeH said:

In his only Rovers senior app he won the header to set up our penalty against Wigan to go 1-0 up.. and against Leicester he looked comfortable against, let me check my notes, Jamie Vardy...

In a friendly. That is the key word. If he did it against Vardy in a competitive match rather than going through the motions in a glorified kick about, fair play.

He played at Sheffield Wednesday and looked totally lost against limited but physical players. No shame, hes a kid and needs a loan spell or 2.

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

No shame, hes a kid and needs a loan spell or 2.

There's nowhere near enough evidence for that, he's had two games for us and done well in one, and badly in another. Needs more chance than that, Hayden Carter got more than that and he's nothing like as promising as Tyler.

Just now, JoeH said:

There's nowhere near enough evidence for that, he's had two games for us and done well in one, and badly in another. Needs more chance than that, Hayden Carter got more than that and he's nothing like as promising as Tyler.

Theres a kid with 3 promotions and 80 plus league appearances under his belt and id even be reluctant to chuck him in. You dont want to chuck kids in the heart of defence in a poor run of form.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Theres a kid with 3 promotions and 80 plus league appearances under his belt and id even be reluctant to chuck him in. You dont want to chuck kids in the heart of defence in a poor run of form.

Neither do I to be honest, certainly not against Boro. I'd play Magloire against a Coventry or a Wycombe but those games are gone and won now. I don't think it's fair to write off a player as just a kid after two games, given we've seen just this year alone what "kids" can do for a side in Dolan and Elliott.

15 minutes ago, JoeH said:

His only senior appearance? You've obviously forgotten his horror show at Hillsborough.  

7 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Neither do I to be honest, certainly not against Boro. I'd play Magloire against a Coventry or a Wycombe but those games are gone and won now. I don't think it's fair to write off a player as just a kid after two games, given we've seen just this year alone what "kids" can do for a side in Dolan and Elliott.

In them games, Lenihan and Williams were totally fine so no need. The only reason to go beyond that senior trio of them 2 and Ayala is if injury forces our hand. We cant be dipping kids in v weaker opposition, its a risk that we shouldnt be taking. I am not writing Magloire off, hes very young. Loan spells would really help him.

To be fair, Dolans immediate rawness and impact in his first few games seems to have tailed off slightly, but he is in an attacking player, so you can use him sparingly and in rotation. Defenders can also mature later on. You cant do that with your defence. Elliott is a player that Liverpool were reluctant to lend out so thats a different kettle of fish.

16 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Team with Armstrong, Kaminski and Ayala available 

Kaminski

Nyambe Lenihan Ayala Williams

Holtby Trybull Rothwell

Elliott  Armstrong  Bereton

Team without all 3

Pears

Nyambe Lenihan Wharton Williams 

Holtby  Trybull  Rothwell

Elliott   Gallagher  Brereton 

and there should be no problem with the second team you list as 7 of them are Mowbray signings with two of the front three costing a cool £12millionish.

It's what you have a squad for.

The excuses have to stop.

1 hour ago, WacoRover said:

This from Wikipedia sums it up nicely....

During his spell in charge of Blackburn, Hughes' side was accused of being "over-physical" and "dirty" on multiple occasions[37][38][39] and the club finished bottom of the Premier League disciplinary table in all four of Hughes' seasons in charge.

No-one enjoyed playing us. We were good to watch, but were always fiery and aggressive. I enjoyed that style.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

This from Wikipedia sums it up nicely....

During his spell in charge of Blackburn, Hughes' side was accused of being "over-physical" and "dirty" on multiple occasions[37][38][39] and the club finished bottom of the Premier League disciplinary table in all four of Hughes' seasons in charge.

No-one enjoyed playing us. We were good to watch, but were always fiery and aggressive. I enjoyed that style.

It was class, we were a great team. 

Take me back to 05-06, 6th place finish, beating Chelsea 1-0 at Ewood to secure European football (Sav's free kick that skimmed Reid's head and went in) unbelievable stuff.

Friedel, Nelsen, Neill, Gray, Zurab, Todd, Peds, Sav, Reid, Bentley, Bellamy, Dickov, Kuqi, Emerton, Tugay etc.

Cracking squad of players.

Edited by davulsukur
  • Like 7