BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v QPR Sat 7th November

Well it's Thursday and we've a 'home' match the day after tomorrow and thought someone had better start a thread.

If ever there was a must win game, then surely this is it.

Amongst the current state of depression regarding Rovers, I'm struggling to come up with a line up.

Some of my distinct memories of games v QPR are Shearer's thunderbolt goal that bounced in after almost breaking the crossbar, Sutties winner at Loftus Road and wondering who that lanky, 6'7" bloke was, with chicken like legs, as he came on as sub at Loftus Road. It was Peter Crouch.

Does that annoying QPR supporter in full kit w****r style, still annoy away supporters?

As always, COYB and surely we can do enough to turn this lot over.

• Like 1

The reason no one has started a thread is because this is the exact opposite of a must win game. We all know we arnt going down and we won’t trouble the top six at any point so non of the remaining games are must win. There just exhibitions and normally played like them. So whilst I’ve already brought the tone down by being realistic I shall say a rovers win ?

• Like 1

Been a few times to Loftus Road and what a dull as ditchwater part of London that is..

I've always thought of QPR as one of London's 'me too' clubs (a la Brentford, Charlton, Palace) rather than thinking of them as a force to be reckoned with. I'm not sure I could name their manager, or any of their current players to be honest, although to be fair our own TM and his bunch of vagabonds are eminently forgettable too ;)

Anything could happen on Saturday, and a lot will depend upon who is available for selection - no sh1t sherlock..

We're in a bit of a tail-spin, form wise though, so heads down if we concede, and no chance of anything other than a dejected trudge back 'ome for the Northern Hordes.

QPR to crab it 0.5 to nil. 

Clearly muxed ip the QPR and Luton fixtures in my tiny bounce, and now realise that if Rovers turn up at Loftus Rd on Sat, we will lose (as the actual game is at Fortress haha) Ewood,)

COYB 

Edited by WIR Second Coming
Dopey bastard

7 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

The reason no one has started a thread is because this is the exact opposite of a must win game. We all know we arnt going down and we won’t trouble the top six at any point so non of the remaining games are must win. There just exhibitions and normally played like them. So whilst I’ve already brought the tone down by being realistic I shall say a rovers win ?

I disagree Oldgregg with the not going down expression, the way we've been shaping up recently, we could well do if it continues. Particularly if the squad are of a similar mindset.

So yeh, early in the season it may be but it's a must win for me.

Edited by darrenrover

Just now, Uddersfelt Blue said:

I hope you're not being serious Gregg?

We may be struggling but we're not even a quarter way through the season. 

Predicting a Rovers win I see. Now I know you're not serious?

Sadly I’m deadly serious. Come may we will have done enough to stay up and done nowhere near enough to be top six so no games are must win. Over the course of the season we will win enough . Doing just enough is what kind of club we are from surrendering the league to Wigan to swaggott and his cash generating  to the fans standing blindly with Tony expecting something to change. Yeah I think we will win Saturday and do just enough keep everyone in a job

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 1

Just now, darrenrover said:

I disagree Oldgregg with the not going down expression, the way we've been shaping up recently, we well could do if it continues. Particularly if the squad are of a similar mindset.

Luckily for us I think the point deduction to Wednesday and a couple , and I mean a couple, of teams won’t have enough . We will avoid relegation easily , as easy as ten other teams will finish above us

• Like 1

Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

Luckily for us I think the point deduction to Wednesday and a couple , and I mean a couple, of teams won’t have enough . We will avoid relegation easily , as easy as ten other teams will finish above us

I disagree, Wednesday are bottom and despite their deduction are now only 6 points behind us. You may be right regarding a couple of teams not having enough over a 46 game season but we've said that before and gone down. We're in a tailspin and it needs to stop: MUST win!

Problem is, despite the injuries and isolations, there’s already been 4 ‘winnable’ games at home, that we haven’t! This is as close to a must win as you could wish to see, regardless of starting XI. If Armstrong and Kaminski play then I think we have enough, if not... eesh.

21 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

I disagree Oldgregg with the not going down expression, the way we've been shaping up recently, we could well do if it continues. Particularly if the squad are of a similar mindset.

We will not go down I'd put my house on it 

• Like 1

Another disjointed but determined effort, Evans has probably told them he's putting his feet up in prep for his usual international efforts. Seeing as he'll be needing another generous contract soon though he's said he'll do 20 mins if needed just to help old Tone out because he likes him. 

Another draw but we'll score in this one. has to be first obviously otherwise it's curtains.

1 - 1

We all know what Evans can do and that’s naff all. Why are people picking him over davenport. At least let the lad have a few games when we are threadbare to prove he’s no better .

he is one of our own and does the same role as well as trybull. What does he have to do to get a chance . Why loan trybull when we have the exact same type of player rotting away in the u23s 

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, tomphil said:

Another disjointed but determined effort, Evans has probably told them he's putting his feet up in prep for his usual international efforts. Seeing as he'll be needing another generous contract soon though he's said he'll do 20 mins if needed just to help old Tone out because he likes him. 

Another draw but we'll score in this one. has to be first obviously otherwise it's curtains.

1 - 1

I know you'll all be pleased, but not surprised, to know that one of the headlines on the BBC Sports app tonight is that 'Evans is expected to be fit for Northern Island's game with Slovakia.' The item doesn't explain in which sense they're using the word 'fit': 'free from injury'; or 'appropriate for selection'.

I assume that TM will help him by not selecting him for the game.

Given that we seem to be down to the bare bones of the squad, I wouldn't disagree with pick32's choice except that I'd be reluctant to risk Armstrong. With fingers crossed, I'd go for Gallagher instead.

As an aside, I'm belatedly reading "Rovers Revolution"; and one of the thoughts that's occurred to me is what would Uncle Jack have to say about the likes of Grella and our current Northern Irish mini-Grella? My bet is that he'd have leant on the Manager - and it surely wouldn't have been Mowbray - to pay them off.

• Like 1

• K-Hod pinned this topic

I have never looked forward to an international break so much. 

Is it 8 or 9 players who won't be available Saturday should come back into contention for the Luton game?

That should just leave Travis and Dack amongst the players who would get into our strongest eleven out but with the prospect of both back by the New Year.

Even without those players, most of our performances so far this season should be good enough to scrap our way to three points against QPR. If we don't, anyone starting a relegation thread would be justified.

2 hours ago, m1st said:

I know you'll all be pleased, but not surprised, to know that one of the headlines on the BBC Sports app tonight is that 'Evans is expected to be fit for Northern Island's game with Slovakia.' The item doesn't explain in which sense they're using the word 'fit': 'free from injury'; or 'appropriate for selection'.

I assume that TM will help him by not selecting him for the game.

Given that we seem to be down to the bare bones of the squad, I wouldn't disagree with pick32's choice except that I'd be reluctant to risk Armstrong. With fingers crossed, I'd go for Gallagher instead.

As an aside, I'm belatedly reading "Rovers Revolution"; and one of the thoughts that's occurred to me is what would Uncle Jack have to say about the likes of Grella and our current Northern Irish mini-Grella? My bet is that he'd have leant on the Manager - and it surely wouldn't have been Mowbray - to pay them off.

I dread to think what Jack would have made of all the agents and their ridiculous influence in the game now.  I'd like to think anyone who took the piss wouldn't have lasted long and would have had to take legal action for their 'payoff'.  Knowing Jack it would have been here's a month in hand now #### off !

• Like 1