BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v QPR Sat 7th November

22 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

best players i ever saw at one to ones were careca the brazilian and matt jansen,anyone remember his goal at bolton when he put their keeper on his backside and walked it into the net?

Michael Owen, Jermaine Defoe, van nistelrooy  and Thierry Henry were excellent at one on ones 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Robbie Fowler wasn’t bad either 

I remember watching Fowler doing shooting practice before a match he started at Bolton for us under Ince. His finishes were all inch perfect, right in the corner etc, exactly where he wanted to put them. Very impressive.

Unfortunately once the game started he looked like he was rooted to the ground.

• Like 3

It just feels so tragic. We do so well when we have even just over half our first team on, we would be near the top of the table, but it just seems our promotions chances are being stolen from us by this virus lottery and endless injuries to key players. We haven't had so much potential since the Mark Hughes days and we won't be allowed to make use of it. 

• Like 1

Very happy tonight, was a critical game that we had to win so to do so is very satisfying.

Everything changed with Armstrong coming back, we are overly reliant on him and in the first half he was so frustrating with his end product and decision making but he is the one player who gets the goals with such regularity and is such a threat.

Brereton did very well, I have always been critical and rightly so about his numbers and I was made up to see him score, I feel happier when he scores than anyone else I think, and it was a brilliant finish. He also did some very good work for the second to break and set up Elliott who bar a few very good touches was quite quiet but that pass was superb.

Johnson was brilliant in the middle, Rothwell was much better too and gave us something different. Buckley the least effective of the 3 but tidy enough and much better than his last performance when he had a shocker, maybe a bit of a blessing with Evans as much as we dont want an injury because Evans cannot play that role.

I thought that Wharton did well, he differs from Magloire/Grayson/Carter etc who all looked massively out of their depth when they played, maybe it is the loan spells but Wharton looked comfortable and nearly scored at the other end, although on the ball he is really poor. Lenihan has had a couple of much needed good performances this week. Both full backs were fairly impressive although were both caught out when Kane hit the post. Kaminski was a welcome return, the opposite of Pears who did look so lost coming for crosses, he also made a couple of very good saves although poor for the penalty which I am surprised to see so much complaining about the award of.

We have had a crap start to the season and are already playing catch up, and I am not convinced that we are suddenly going to go on a brilliant run as soon as we come back but today was very pleasing and good to see.

• Like 6

Great performances from Brereton, Armstrong, Johnson and Wharton. Wharton’s passing did look a bit iffy but he also threaded some really impressive balls in between the lines alongside his questionable lofted balls forward, which tells me it may not so much be technique and more decision making which comes with games which I wouldn’t be opposed to seeing more of him this season. Impressive.

• Backroom

Highlight of the match for me was listening to the QPR commentators from the 85th min onwards.

The bitching, whining, and crying that was blasting out my tablet was a joy to behold.

Nyambe's injury, the substitution,  Kaminski's goal kick and free kick - all met with howls of derision. 

It was like they'd never seen this new, groundbreaking tactic before. Astounded that the team in the lead didn't have it's players rushing all over the pitch. 

At one point they even claimed we knocked it into touch because we knew disinfection would slow the game down. "They're taking advantage of Covid procedures there." ??

They also called Johnson a fat git in the 1st half. "He's not exactly come with his beach body has he!" "Looks like he's had a few pies recently to me."

Not the most professional pair. Added entertainment to my afternoon though. 

• Like 4

Just now, Silas said:

Highlight of the match for me was listening to the QPR commentators from the 85th min onwards.

The bitching, whining, and crying that was blasting out my tablet was a joy to behold.

Nyambe's injury, the substitution,  Kaminski's goal kick and free kick - all met with howls of derision. 

It was like they'd never seen this new, groundbreaking tactic before. Astounded that the team in the lead didn't have it's players rushing all over the pitch. 

At one point they even claimed we knocked it into touch because we knew disinfection would slow the game down. "They're taking advantage of Covid procedures there." ??

They also called Johnson a fat git in the 1st half. "He's not exactly come with his beach body has he!" "Looks like he's had a few pies recently to me."

Not the most professional pair. Added entertainment to my afternoon though. 

How do you get the opposition commentary? I'll have to listen to that next time it can't be any worse the the two that do Rovers commentary.  

• Backroom
Just now, Ewood Ace said:

How do you get the opposition commentary? I'll have to listen to that next time it can't be any worse the the two that do Rovers commentary.  

The cog for settings in top right corner has options for home or away.

Thought I'd give away a try today, they did not disappoint.  

Obviously, probably would have been a different experience if we'd lost.

To be fair to them, they did give credit for both our break away goals, and said how good the passes were to cut them open. 

• Like 1