BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v QPR Sat 7th November

I think we learnt today how important Kaminski & Johnson are to our team defensively. TK  seems to instill a confidence in those in front if him & is likely more vocal.  Johnson provides that shield in front of the back 4 which has been desperately lacking of late.

Johnson MoM for me today, just edging Rothwell who was superb. In those 10 - 15 before we got the 3rd I thought BJ was immense.

Special mention for Wharton who didn't put a foot wrong & was unlucky not to score. Basic, no frills defending - love it!

Just hope we can keep a majority of the first 11 fit/available.

I'll enjoy a bevvy tonight. Pity we can't enjoy it at the pub!

• Like 3

Just now, windymiller7 said:

I think we learnt today how important Kaminski & Johnson are to our team defensively. TK  seems to instill a confidence in those in front if him & is likely more vocal.  Johnson provides that shield in front of the back 4 which has been desperately lacking of late.

Johnson MoM for me today, just edging Rothwell who was superb. In those 10 - 15 before we got the 3rd I thought BJ was immense.

Special mention for Wharton who didn't put a foot wrong & was unlucky not to score. Basic, no frills defending - love it!

Just hope we can keep a majority of the first 11 fit/available.

I'll enjoy a bevvy tonight. Pity we can't enjoy it at the pub!

Agree with everything you said above. TK is vital to us on today's evidence and BJ was absolutely superb. He's the only player we have with a bit of dirt about him and that's vital in this league. 

Great to see BB get a goal and arma is the man. 

Still feeling optimistic. 

#rovers

• Like 3

Just now, Butty said:

I’d rarely used iFollow until this Covid affected season started. I’ve watched every game this season and I agree with a few on here, those two commentators don’t half piss me off. So annoying ?

I've not heard a good word about the commentary team but to me, apart from papping on at times and digressing they are, to me at least, doing a decent job. 

Christ, I wouldn't want to listen to just the sounds or lack of them in the stadium.

Worse things to fret about IMHO than the commentary team. 

• Like 7

Just now, unsall said:

Like a few mentioned already, back four academy lads, it’s not just bringing them through to sell for big money, it’s also to save us millions on transfer fees.

Nope. It’s because the manager is incapable of recruiting a decent defence.

Nyambe and Lenihan were already here. And Nyambe is often dropped.

Wharton has been forced on him. Hopefully a happy accident although something tells me he will be out in the cold again once Ayala is fit.

JRC is not a left back in a million years but will give 100% wherever asked to play.

WDL

Edited by Stuart
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

It really is bizarre that he seems to finish games better than he starts them given his physique and age. Agreed, thought he was sensational the last 15mins. 

Edited by Fraserkirky
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Ben Brereton this season in the Championship: 10 appearances, 2 goals, 3 assists. 

Apology accepted. 

That would average out to be 46 games, 9 goals, 14 assists if current form maintained. That would be superb.

Arma is on track for 30 goals at least, and Bradley will want a few too. Plenty of goals in the team, its the other end we worry about.

• Like 2

Cant find the Buckley comment now, but whoever said he flattered to deceive, I think that is very unfair.

He was absolutely shocking last time out, and obviously got an absolute bollucking, clearly has been told to reign it in a wee bit, and stop giving the ball away. I would love to see his stats today because I don't recall him giving the ball away once, and his positional sense was much better.

Still a boy and if he can play with a bit more discipline like we saw today then he will be an important player us. Would play him ahead of that waster Evans every day of the week.

• Like 8

45 minutes ago, J*B said:

I’d just like to take this moment to admire the technique shown by Kaminski on that left hand. Not often you see that level of punch without a pay per view. 

Erm. It was pay per view.

• Like 5

56 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

It really is bizarre that he seems to finish games better than he starts them given his physique and age. Agreed, thought he was sensational the last 15mins. 

Not bizarre today for example, if you consider we was dominating ball first half, so his job is reserved. But when we needed him, he stepped up big time.

Since he signed, Ive always thought we are better with Johnson in the side.

23 minutes ago, 47er said:

Crazy----with our defence?

Indeed, not many teams have conceded more than us, I don’t think. Must be rare that a team with such good attacking stats is down in 12th so we need to sort that out and make the most of having a lot of goals in us.

Just hope we don’t end up looking back at this season in a few years, say with Armstrong as the league’s top scorer and Rovers with the most goals, and thinking we should have done more. A bit like the season where Rhodes and Gestede both hit 20+.

• Like 5

• Backroom

I like Neil Yardley for what it’s worth, top bloke as well.

I wonder what Wendy is up to these days, we must have been ahead of the curve with a lady commentator!

Finally pulled myself away from CNN and saw the goals, Lovely finish from Brereton and the little clipped balls from Elliott are a delight!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, alcd said:

Very annoying when their matey lovein banter is going on whilst the oppo are on a breakaway. How they didn't see that Evans had done his hammy not his knee?

I'm absolutely certain I heard them mention his hamstring. I wasnt really paying attention myself to what he had done, as I was busy cursing us, and him, getting another injury so soon, so their commentary is the only reason I knew it was his hammy. Maybe they said knee at first, dunno, but they definitely said hamstring at some point.

It's been a good day when all we are arguing about is the commentary though!

Edited by bluebruce

10 minutes ago, Tom said:

I wonder what Wendy is up to these days, we must have been ahead of the curve with a lady commentator!

Finally pulled myself away from CNN and saw the goals, Lovely finish from Brereton and the little clipped balls from Elliott are a delight!

Nothing against Warren Lucy, but #BringBackWendy 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

Cant find the Buckley comment now, but whoever said he flattered to deceive, I think that is very unfair.

He was absolutely shocking last time out, and obviously got an absolute bollucking, clearly has been told to reign it in a wee bit, and stop giving the ball away. I would love to see his stats today because I don't recall him giving the ball away once, and his positional sense was much better.

Still a boy and if he can play with a bit more discipline like we saw today then he will be an important player us. Would play him ahead of that waster Evans every day of the week.

Couldn't agree more. Other players rightly got the plaudits today but Buckley was a crucial cog in our midfield.

He obviously has talent in abundance, and showed it this afternoon. Has to work on his consistency and decision making, but on today's showing we have a real player on our hands if we're patient with him.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Roverinbelfast said:

TK is vital to us on today's evidence and BJ was absolutely superb.

Did TK give this absolutely superb BJ during the game?

I know he only had 4 saves to make but doing that between saves is really disrespecting the opposition. And what about the social distancing rules? No wonder covid is spreading through the camp if this is what we get up to...

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, Tom said:

That through ball from Elliott for the second goal was sublime--Duggiesque for those old enough to remember.

There is no higher praise than that!

And great to see Brereton involved in the build-up.

3 hours ago, dallydally said:

Enjoyed watching the game today. Thought Johnson, Rothwell and Kaminski made a big difference. Brereton grows with each match and Elliott was superb. Arma keeps scoring so let's hope his purple patch continues. Buckley continues to flatter to deceive and Nyambe needs more confidence to go forward rather than suddenly stopping and playing the ball back 20+ yards. JRC had a solid game and Wharton did ok. Overall a good day at the office. 2 weeks off now giving us time to get some bodies back. We remain in touch with the top 6 so keep the faith! ?

Harsh on Buckley. Thought he was class today. Don't recall him giving the ball away once!

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

Harsh on Buckley. Thought he was class today. Don't recall him giving the ball away once!

Good to see him come on ahead of Tybrull too, as it should be.

Tybrull will be a great asset for us this year, but still, we got to develop and trust Buckley he’s here next season.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Aqualung said:

I've not heard a good word about the commentary team but to me, apart from papping on at times and digressing they are, to me at least, doing a decent job. 

Christ, I wouldn't want to listen to just the sounds or lack of them in the stadium.

Worse things to fret about IMHO than the commentary team. 

Yeah there are worse things to fret about but I’d still rather just listen to the players and managers shouting than those two ?

19 minutes ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

It’s hard to give the ball away when you don’t have it at your feet, Buckley was invisible today after coming on I thought. He’s a lad with a lot of ability but is nowhere near ready for championship football yet if I’m being honest. He won’t be featuring once we have a full squad back anyway, I doubt he’ll even make the bench. 

• Like 1