BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Luton Town v Rovers Sat 21st Nov. 3pm

2 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Funny feeling he will go abroad.  He can speak to other clubs in 6 weeks

Be an absolute disaster if Nyambe left on a free. He’s worth a couple of million as it is and he’s only going to get better.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Can't be getting beat against feckin Luton....serious questions about Mowbray surely if we lose.

Personally I'd replace him with Nigel Pearson immediately.

They did the double over us last season, which was bad enough.

If he loses 3 games in a row to Luton then there is no hope at all.

• Like 2

My team, in order of preference..

Kaminski, Pears, Stergiakis

Nyambe, JRC 

Lenihan, Wharton

Ayala, Williams

Douglas, Bell

Holtby, Buckley 

Rothwell

Johnson, Trybull

Elliot, Dolan

Arma, Gallagher 

Brereton

Subs - keeper, JRC, fit centre back, Buckley, Trybull, Dolan, Dack (bring him on for a minute...)

10 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Can't be getting beat against feckin Luton....serious questions about Mowbray surely if we lose.

Personally I'd replace him with Nigel Pearson immediately.

3 hours ago, davulsukur said:

They did the double over us last season, which was bad enough.

If he loses 3 games in a row to Luton then there is no hope at all.

https://www.11v11.com/teams/luton-town/tab/opposingTeams/opposition/Blackburn Rovers/

According to this website, we have won once at Luton Town since 1937, in about 20 games, which was in 2007 in the FA Cup. So never in the league.

So historically it's not a happy hunting ground for us, yet we've still had plenty more overall success than them in that time.

Nothing significant will be decided on Saturday whether we win, lose or draw. I think we are more than capable of winning on Saturday, but would suggest that those thinking we are underperforming if we don't, or that it is somehow a barometer of how rubbish TM is if we fail to win, ought to think again.

1 hour ago, Uddersfelt Blue said:

This the Luton who are 10th in the table and 3 points ahead of us? 

Just highlights our poor/average start even further but still if we are looking at their higher league position/points tally as an excuse as to why we shouldn't be getting something here then we might as well give up now.

8 minutes ago, Atko's Engine said:

https://www.11v11.com/teams/luton-town/tab/opposingTeams/opposition/Blackburn Rovers/

According to this website, we have won once at Luton Town since 1937, in about 20 games, which was in 2007 in the FA Cup. So never in the league.

So historically it's not a happy hunting ground for us, yet we've still had plenty more overall success than them in that time.

Nothing significant will be decided on Saturday whether we win, lose or draw. I think we are more than capable of winning on Saturday, but would suggest that those thinking we are underperforming if we don't, or that it is somehow a barometer of how rubbish TM is if we fail to win, ought to think again.

Yep, i can see that we don't have a good record there but these football hoodoo's are made to be broken. We held one over the dingles for a long time before they broke it but they still broke it.

Although nothing will be decided win, lose or draw we can't keep saying this type of thing, or it's only early into the season etc.every week. This is game 12, we are a quarter of the way into the season, already 5 points away from the minimum of where we want to be.

Luton are no great shakes regardless of our abysmal record. If we are set up correctly, with the right mentality from the word go, we should be more than capable of getting something here. It shouldn't even be up for discussion to be honest.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davulsukur said:

Just highlights our poor/average start even further but still if we are looking at their higher league position/points tally as an excuse as to why we shouldn't be getting something here then we might as well give up now.

Yep, i can see that we don't have a good record there but these football hoodoo's are made to be broken. We held one over the dingles for a long time before they broke it but they still broke it.

Although nothing will be decided win, lose or draw we can't keep saying this type of thing, or it's only early into the season etc.every week. This is game 12, we are a quarter of the way into the season, already 5 points away from the minimum of where we want to be.

Luton are no great shakes regardless of our abysmal record. If we are set up correctly, with the right mentality from the word go, we should be more than capable of getting something here. It shouldn't even be up for discussion to be honest.

It's up for discussion because they're in the same league as us, next game up, are above us in the table (albeit having had an easier run of fixtures, on paper at least) and we've never won there in the league in 20 or so attempts across various divisions! 

5 points back from 6th at this stage of the season is nothing. Yes that needs to be improved upon but, given our run of fixtures, injuries & illness up to this stage of the season, I'm confident it will be as we enter a period with a lot more winnable games & players returning.

Hopefully starting with Luton, but I won't be throwing my hands up in despair for the rest of the season if we don't win.

Much depends on player availability (again). Defensively we could be struggling. 

Kaminski? Doubt it if he’s in Belgium isolating until Friday.

Nyambe? injured? Play JRC there if Douglas and/or Bell available for left back. 

Williams/Ayala? if neither fit then Wharton again (hope he doesn’t score for them again)

4 hours ago, Atko's Engine said:

Bygones are bygones...just saying...