BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Luton Town v Rovers Sat 21st Nov. 3pm

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Gawd, here we go again. Every game is difficult to Tony. Excuses already in place. 

Luton 2 Rovers 0

imagine listening to tony all week,it must be torture,by the time he`s finished his tactical instructions the lads will feel like they are facing barcelona and every time player is a cafu,zidane and messi,let the oppostion worry about us,not the other way round,did fergie ever worry about the opposition,did he ****,he told his players they were better than everyone else,get out there and score some goals,thats what the game is about

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

5 subs allowed now from 9 subs. 

Stupid rule change again

Yeh I meant the max we could name, not the max we could use.

Totally in favour of the rule change personally. Intensive schedule, certainly helps us with our playing style, injury woes and the amount of players we could do with taking more of a look at. But I'd probably have been in favour of it without any of that.

The 5th sub should have to be a keeper though IMO.

Hoping to see something special from Douglas today if he's starting. He's been a bit of a disappointment thus far. 

I feel Kaminski will become very important to us having a good season, massive boost to have him available. 

No easy games, but this is the sort of game we should be winning if we're serious about playoffs. I think Luton will struggle to contain Arma, Brero and Elliott today.

11 minutes ago, renrag said:

I have just listened to the Faz podcast and it brought to mind the earlier discussion in this thread re Ayala’s fitness record. Fazackerley played 593 league games, + 3 subs, from Feb 1971 to Dec 1986. This averages just under 37games a season, when eleven of those seasons only had 42 league games. If FA and League Cup games were included, the average would be approaching 45

And that was with the heavy balls, indifferent pitches and opponents who like to put it about a bit and were allowed to.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

And that was with the heavy balls, indifferent pitches and opponents who like to put it about a bit and were allowed to.

Aye, they are made of glass, this lot. I 'd imagine Lil Fuccillo still gets a bit nervous when he sees the fixture list and it ticks round to the tie with Rovers.. :)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, renrag said:

I have just listened to the Faz podcast and it brought to mind the earlier discussion in this thread re Ayala’s fitness record. Fazackerley played 593 league games, + 3 subs, from Feb 1971 to Dec 1986. This averages just under 37games a season, when eleven of those seasons only had 42 league games. If FA and League Cup games were included, the average would be approaching 45

Injuries would soon diminish if the players were paid a relatively small salary plus a large performance based bonus as part of their package.

Similar to car salespersons, small retainer but a healthy commission based on sales.

As it is, there's little incentive because they're paid rain, hail, snow or blow.

Just now, darrenrover said:

Injuries would soon diminish if the players were paid a relatively small salary plus a large performance based bonus as part of their package.

Similar to car salespersons, small retainer but a healthy commission based on sales.

As it is, there's little incentive because they're paid rain, hail, snow or blow.

And no-one would sign a contract with the club on that basis.

7 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

imagine listening to tony all week,it must be torture,by the time he`s finished his tactical instructions the lads will feel like they are facing barcelona and every time player is a cafu,zidane and messi,let the oppostion worry about us,not the other way round,did fergie ever worry about the opposition,did he ****,he told his players they were better than everyone else,get out there and score some goals,thats what the game is about

Totally agree. I thought he'd stopped with that nonsense.

They're little Luton and we are THE ROVERS, get out there and batter them!