BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Luton Town v Rovers Sat 21st Nov. 3pm

Just now, roversfan99 said:

This has been absolutely terrible.

The front 3 totally anonymous, Rothwell the only player with any urgency but often with minimal end product, Trybull no better than Evans in that role and Whartons lack of quality on the ball nearly costing us once or twice.

Production values have been particularly bad too, showing needless replays and missing attacks and just some dreadful camera work. I dont think overall its been too bad this season but today its been beyond amateur. Commentators talking their usual nonsense too.

It certainly is rubbish today. I got camera induced motion sickness and potential eye damage from sun glare.

Luton the better team but just as ineffective as us in advanced attacking positions.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 2

I don’t think it’s so much Trybull’s fault he’s not having a good game. He’s being asked to play a role that doesn’t suit his strengths at all / isn’t where he plays.

Either swap him with BJ or take him off. But I won’t say he’s rubbish because it’s classic Mowbray playing players out of position!

Without Holtby we need Elliot in CM with Rothwell and one of BJ and Trybull

• Like 2

Just now, Ruaney said:

I don’t think it’s so much Trybull’s fault he’s not having a good game. He’s being asked to play a role that doesn’t suit his strengths at all / isn’t where he plays.

Either swap him with BJ or take him off. But I won’t say he’s rubbish because it’s classic Mowbray playing players out of position!

Buckley should be Holtby's understudy. Otherwise why isn't he out on loan?

1 minute ago, dallydally said:

Dismal first half. Luton first to second ball and passing quality is better than Rovers. Elliott and Brereton barely in the game. Rothwell the best of a bad bunch. Hopefully better second half and nick a 1 nil

To be fair to Brereton, the ref seems to give a foul against him every time he gets near the ball.

If he jumps then it's a foul.  Doesn't jump?  Foul for backing in.  Then down the other end Lenihan concedes a free-kick because the Luton lad refused to try to head the ball.

With the decision to book Rothwell but not Elliott Lee, this ref looks like he's on the take to me.

• Like 2

Just now, Ruaney said:

What are his strengths?

He can't pass and has no vision for forward runs, so you'd think he might be a decent defender, but he just started the second half by letting someone step past him like he was a training cone.

Just now, BlackburnEnd75 said:

I like Trybull. But he is being completely misused here.

Let him sit in midfield or get him off quick.

I'd have elliott as rcm. And bring on another attacker

Yeah, agree with this! Play him in his natural position or take him off. Playing him here will quickly make him a scapegoat to the fans - can already see it happening on this very thread 

Edited by Ruaney
  • Like 2