BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Luton Town v Rovers Sat 21st Nov. 3pm

Well we saw an exceptional performance from one person on the field- exceptionally bad from the ref.

Quite how we got all those yellows and Luton none but the run of decisions against us after we had equalised was something else.

Yes we finished strongly but pretty mediocre for the rest of the match.

Two points casually tossed away and I am putting them against Mowbray who did a pretty bad job setting us up for that game

Outrageous reffing at the end, but all in all a pretty abject performance.

Hard to understand how we only made two subs (one of which was enforced) when Mowbray has been loudly complaining up until now about the limit being back to three, especially when we were playing pretty poorly too.

• Like 2

Wasn't a spectacle, but it happens every single time after internationals and not sure why i ever expect any different. Many poor games.

Glad to see Brereton giving it both barrels to the ref, he would never have done that last season and just accepted it with a wimper .

The coverage was so crap I lost interest in parts.

Must do better on Tuesday, hopefully we will without their cup final fans in attendance. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Neither do any of us, but it's hardly a vote of confidence in the manager when not being beat by Luton is something we should be grateful for. No disrespect to Luton but you know what I mean.

Agreed. And going beyond one game when the likes of Millwall, Luton, Barnsley and Preston are all above us, you really have to question what the manager is doing with his resources. , 

2 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Outrageous reffing at the end, but all in all a pretty abject performance.

Hard to understand how we only made two subs (one of which was enforced) when Mowbray has been loudly complaining up until now about the limit being back to three, especially when we were playing pretty poorly too.

Agreed. Surely you’d bring on Dolan for at least ten mins against tiring legs? 

• Moderation Lead
8 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Neither do any of us, but it's hardly a vote of confidence in the manager when not being beat by Luton is something we should be grateful for. No disrespect to Luton but you know what I mean.

I suppose what I was getting at, was that after going down 1-0, we didn’t end up losing. I agree that we should be aiming to beat Luton Town in any era!

Just now, Paul Mellelieu said:

He got WBA promoted.

Ince got MK Dons promoted. Coyle got Burnley promoted. All managers, if they don't sink after a stint at a single club generally have one success on their CV. It's what gives them a bit of longevity. As it is 1 prior promotion doesn't prove much. And whilst I think he is better than the ones I've mentioned, I don't think TM is far superior or a huge upgrade. 

• Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

For who?.

I listened to Radio Lancs and their co commentator Mick Payne was full of praise of Rovers second half performance and Brereton. Was he wrong?

We did show intent to attack, in the last 5 mins or so, spoilt by some aimless punts

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Pleased that Gallagher scored

He did well. Put himself in the mix and won the battle for the ball. At last showed a strikers instinct.

TM on radio just said "strange referee decisions........we move on......it's finished now".

Not the rant about bad referees I wanted to hear but that's TM. Shame because there's a manager off J10 who would have ruffled a few feathers but that's not TM style. 

Have to say what iv'e seen and heard of Trybul so far he's like a poorer version of Evans.  I guess that's why he's here though so they can continue to carry Corry through his injuries and International career.  Yet another that Mowbray has an umbilical chord attached to by the looks of it.

Just now, tomphil said:

Have to say what iv'e seen and heard of Trybul so far he's like a poorer version of Evans.  I guess that's why he's here though so they can continue to carry Corry through his injuries and International career.  Yet another that Mowbray has an umbilical chord attached to by the looks of it.

He was good against Swansea tbf till he came off. I don't think the balance ever looks right without Holtby though if I'm honest, or, eventually Trav

• Like 1

Just now, tomphil said:

Is that possible? 

And yes Evans should have been gone a long time ago. 

24 minutes ago, philipl said:

Well we saw an exceptional performance from one person on the field- exceptionally bad from the ref.

Quite how we got all those yellows and Luton none but the run of decisions against us after we had equalised was something else.

Yes we finished strongly but pretty mediocre for the rest of the match.

Two points casually tossed away and I am putting them against Mowbray who did a pretty bad job setting us up for that game

Strange how it goes. BB was actually fouled quite a bit today and did less of his poorly executed diving.

I think the Ref had formed his views prior to the match.

He was atrocious. What enjoyment can there be in being so fecking awful.