BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Luton Town v Rovers Sat 21st Nov. 3pm

• Backroom

Plenty on Twitter raging that Brereton didn’t get a penalty, the booking is a joke but not sure how it could be a penalty outside the box 

Edited by Tom
  • Like 3

Worst I’ve seen us play. Sure the ref was piss poor and those two decisions at the end genuinely mind blowing. But that performance was pretty abject....said it before, if Mowbray was ever going to lose his job, it’s this season!

We need to win three on the bounce soon to get us back in the running.

Think we missed Holtby today.

• Like 5

Just now, mustard said:

He didn't deserve a yellow for the supposed dive, which is what it was for I imagine.  If it was just no foul given, and he reacted like that, would probably still be yellow but he couldn't be blamed for being angry and in that refs face.  Utter joke.

Think it was given for a dive and free kick given the other way

• Like 1

Just now, CambridgeRover said:

So I googled the ref and his name is Darren Bond and he comes from a "footballing family" and was born in Lancashire. 

Now if that isn't the start of a football conspiracy theory I don't know what is 

Like most conspiracy theories, it gets the basics wrong. It was Gavin Ward. 

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Yet another soft goal given away by poor defending and the surprise was we actually equalised.

Poor performance overall and typical of a mid-table side that's going nowhere. 

Lenihan was nowhere near his man as per.

And his distribution was absolutely shocking.  Needs dropping for Ayala IMO.

• Like 1

Just now, Tom said:

Plenty on Twitter raging that Brereton didn’t get a penalty, the booking is a joke but not sure how it could be a penalty outside the box 

Brereton was outside of the box but the one with Armstrong should have been given.

I appreciate it doesn't help having a crap ref, but let's be honest, we're not very good are we? 

I mean, ok on paper we look like a good side, but we haven't beaten a single decent team. We've hammered the dross, and that's highly laudable, but to not have beaten a single one of the 7 or 8 decent teams we've played is pretty poor and worrying. We're going nowhere fast. Season will be over by January.   

• Like 4

Just now, mustard said:

Lenihan was nowhere near his man as per.

And his distribution was absolutely shocking.  Needs dropping for Ayala IMO.

Whats new? Lenihan always think he's Beckham and trying those long field passes, which never finds anyone. You just knew we are going to lose possession, the moment the ball gets out of his feet.

Just now, yellowsubmarine said:

Whats new? Lenihan always think he's Beckham and trying those long field passes, which never finds anyone. You just knew we are going to lose possession, the moment the ball gets out of his feet.

I don't want to diss Gallagher on the day he finally gives us a goal, but it was infuriating how many balls were aimed at his head (not just by Lenihan) when the guy can't jump.

2 minutes ago, GHR said:

Was thinking that, two forward balls he had near the end, both were as bad as each other.

The commentators had just talked about Rovers trying a patient buildup play, then he got the ball and just lumped it nowhere. Then did it again shortly after.

I don't understand how or why he keeps doing this. Given he is usually poor at it and our game is about possession now (even if I have my issues with that), surely TM should be reading him the riot act and telling him to literally never lump it up unless it is as part of a counter attack. If then.

Annoyingly he keeps doing the same thing in my FM game at the moment in the Prem, and it's the main reason I'm thinking of getting shut.